What do you watch on T.V.?

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
There are some shows that I never EVER miss.
My favorite T.V. show as of right now, is That 70's Show. I absolutely love that show. (Never got into the spin-off about the 80's) I watched the special last night about the voted best episodes...funny, funny stuff.
I also make a point to catch:
The Daily Show
Biography (when it's someone interesting)
SNL
Designer's Challenge
Sponge Bob Square Pants and Dextor's Lab
Felicity

tell me your favs

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I really liked The Daily Show when Craig Kilborn hosted, it took some time to get used to Jon Stewart though, and I don't watch it as much as I used to..

SNL
Mad TV
Who's Line is it Anyway? (I catch the old British version as well as some of the American version)
Insomniac
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Batman Beyond (sometimes)
AMC's Behind the Screen (sometimes)
Kids in the Hall
Seinfeld

Those are the majority of things I watch on TV. I don't watch them all of the time though. I might catch part of one and watch it, or I might miss a couple of shows, I'm not devoted to TV so I'm not going to make special time each week to make sure I catch THAT show.

I have to say that back when I was working the evil 3 am shift at my old job, I would watch That 70's Show before going to sleep each night (I went to bed around 7:30-8:00). I'm usually working or watching a movie so TV shows are something that I am not big on a lot of the time. I think I already said that though, so I'll just leave it at that.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Shows currently in production with new episodes, there aren't all that many I watch regularly any more:

"NYPD Blue"
"Law & Order"
"The Simpsons"
"Crossing Jordan"
"The Job"
"Andy Richter Controls the Universe"

"The Late Show with David Letterman"
"The Daily Show"
"Howard Stern"

and when its up and running
"The Sopranos"

If we get into syndicated shows broadcast as repeats (like "The Kids in the Hall" and "Seinfeld"), well that's a whole other can of worms and a longer list.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Holden Pike
If we get into syndicated shows broadcast as repeats (like "The Kids in the Hall" and "Seinfeld"), well that's a whole other can of worms and a longer list.
Yup, but a lot of shows that aren't syndicated have repeats. The Daily Show is a prime example of that.

Obviously other than daily news programs like "The Today Show" and daytime soap operas, every show broadcasts repeats. Do you truly not understand the difference between "Sienfeld", which has been off the air for nearly four years now, and "The Daily Show", which takes scheduled breaks in its production? "The Sopranos" runs repeats, "The Simpsosn" run repeats, EVERY show on any network run repeats, syndicated or not. Duh.

But thanks for clearing that up. I guess the first sentence of my post about shows currently in production was too cryptic and difficult to understand.

Yeah, but that paragraph right below that said...if we get into syndicated shows and repeats, maybe you should have just left it out altogether. Duh.

Sometimes you're too busy trying to one-up everyone on here with your high and mighty "I'm better than you" reply to everything that you don't use common knowledge.

So, from your perspective a television show ceasing make new episodes and run only as repeats in syndication is confused with running repeats because they don't produce a show every day/week? In that case, I can totally see how my first post in this thread was too complicated.

Sadie listed all shows that are currently in production, then you mixed in shows that are long since defunct but of course are still on television in syndication. I was trying to make that distinction clear, for how I constructed my list, and Sadie hers. Somehow I made it monstrously unclear to you, Spud.

But I suspect everybody gets it now, so thanks for the assist!

Why seperate a list of shows you watch? The thread title simply says, "What do you watch on T.V." It doesn't say "What shows that are in current production do you watch on T.V."

Besides, Law & Order is in semi-syndication all over the tube, as well as NYPD Blue, and The Simpsons.

Yes, but as I said, the shows with new episodes that I continue to make a point of watching I listed above in my first post. I still watch "The Simpsons", Law & Order" and "NYPD Blue" in their regular weekly slots during the new prime time seasons each year. Indeed I also watch them in syndication (nothing 'semi' about it), which is one of the many reasons my list of total shows I watch in any given week is much longer than the ten I listed above.

And again, thanks for the clarification: you rock.

Originally posted by spudracer
I really liked The Daily Show when Craig Kilborn hosted, it took some time to get used to Jon Stewart though, and I don't watch it as much as I used to..

SNL
Mad TV
Who's Line is it Anyway? (I catch the old British version as well as some of the American version)
Insomniac
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Batman Beyond (sometimes)
AMC's Behind the Screen (sometimes)
Kids in the Hall
Seinfeld

Those are the majority of things I watch on TV. I don't watch them all of the time though. I might catch part of one and watch it, or I might miss a couple of shows, I'm not devoted to TV so I'm not going to make special time each week to make sure I catch THAT show.

I have to say that back when I was working the evil 3 am shift at my old job, I would watch That 70's Show before going to sleep each night (I went to bed around 7:30-8:00). I'm usually working or watching a movie so TV shows are something that I am not big on a lot of the time. I think I already said that though, so I'll just leave it at that.
Haha.. you watch Insomniac? Hey I started to watch it, too. I don't have any tv at my place at the moment, so my brother tapes some shows for me, and one of them happens to be Insomniac. What a life Dave Attell has, huh? He just walks around drinking, clowning around wherever he goes - the good life Did you check out the coal miner episode? Man, I wouldn't want to be a coal miner ....

The one where he visits the coal mine was last week's episode, in Charleston, West Virginia. He's back in The Big Apple this week.

I like "Insmoniac" a lot too, though I haven't made it apoinment television yet. Don't really have to, as good ol' Comedy Central re-runs all of their original programming three or five times a week. Keep flipping around late at night, and you're just bound to hit it.

I've always liked Atell's stand-up and his appearances on Howard Stern's radio show, but "Insomniac" is a perfect vehicle for him.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Sadie listed all shows that are currently in production, then you mixed in shows that are long since defunct but of course are still on television in syndication. I was trying to make that distinction clear, for how I constructed my list, and Sadie hers. Somehow I made it monstrously unclear to you, Spud.

Actually, Holden is right, I guess I meant," What are you currently watching, not, what shows have you watched over the span of your life..."
Anyhoo...
I can't believe I forgot:
The Simpsons
King of the Hill
&
Inside the Actor's Studio.

Yeah, but some of these shows are still on (in a sense) and I still watch them, these aren't shows I've watched over the span of my life.

So, why divide it all up. I don't know why I'm even arguing about this.

I watch...
  • The Simpsons
  • Saturday Night Live
  • The Daily Show
  • Futurama
  • Malcolm in the Middle
  • Hardball with Chris Matthews (sometimes)
  • The Powerpuff Girls (whenever I remember)
That's it, really. SNL is one of the few shows I remember to watch almost every week.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Boy I hate to admit these because I have no clue what they say about me ... and they just don't seem to fit together:

-- The Sopranos
-- Survivor
-- CSI
-- Everybody Loves Raymond (early evening syndication)
-- Whose Line Is It Anyway? (British and American versions)
-- Saturday Night Live
-- David Letterman

-- Fox News Channel (all day long in the background while I work)

How could I forget Survivor? I don't watch it regularly, but I keep up with the general happenings. I used to watch Letterman religiously, but it's been a few weeks now, at least.

the only series i keep tabs on is Will and Grace and yes, i hate to admit it but Friends.
i was excited about the new julia louis dreyfuss show "watching ellie" but it sunk fast.
i miss the tick....loved it .

if i remember i turn on simpsons but it's just too early for me to be sitting down.

i watch Xfiles when i can and Profiler (lovvve the artsy intro to that show....very cool...in the same vein as se7en's intro/credits)

i still watch seinfeld reruns.

i always watch twilight zone reruns.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oops, I forgot a few that I watch semi-regularly:

--Six Feet Under
--Kids in the Hall
--Prime Time Glick (when I REMEMBER)
--Conan O'Brien (when I'm UP THAT LATE)