New Trailers Here!

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
In this pitch-black action-comedy, the legendary bandit "Pocky" Zhang violently crosses paths with the con man Tang, who desperately offers up an intriguing proposition: Zhang will become the governor of Goose Town, where he can make more money in a month than he would in a year of train robberies. But neither realizes that Goose Town is already under the iron rule of Master Huang (Hong Kong action legend Chow Yun-Fat), a ruthless and wealthy crime lord. Zhang and Huang begin a hyper-violent and hilarious series of escalating mind games in this witty, masterfully vicious film, China's highest-grossing of all time.

Set in the strange and oppressive emotional landscape of the year 1983, BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW is a Reagan-era fever dream inspired by hazy childhood memories of midnight movies and Saturday morning cartoons. Cosmatos was born in Rome in 1974 to the late Greek movie director (George Cosmatos) and a Swedish experimental artist mother. He spent his early formative years traveling all over the globe before settling in Canada. In 1981, the family lived for a year in Mexico where exposure to the strange local interpretations of American pop culture had a profound and lasting effect on his creative life. Growing up in the isolated suburbs of Vancouver Island during the 80s, he obsessed over the minutiae of heavy metal, fantasy art, and science fiction horror films, which he still does to this day. He then immersed himself in the underground art and music scenes making short films, album covers and music videos with a burgeoning group of influential and groundbreaking artists.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I think I may have put this one on here already but I really can't remember.

Out on parole after 8 years inside Bill Hayward returns home to find his now 11 and 15 year old sons abandoned by their mother and fending for themselves. Unwilling to play Dad, an uncaring Bill is determined to move on. Although Dean the older boy has found a job and is doing his best to be a father to his younger brother Jimmy, the arrival of Bill has brought them to the attention of social services. With the danger of being put into care looming, Dean forces his feckless Dad to stay by threatening to grass him up for dealing. If there's one thing Bill doesn't want it's to go back to prison. He reluctantly agrees to stay for a week o help fool social services that the boys are being cared for. Having never really grown up himself Bill quickly connects with Jimmy and through this new bond starts to realize what he's been missing. He has a family, a place in the world...

What is it with British movies like this and those awful track suits?

The track suits are quite common here in Britain, mostly in 'working class' areas. Wild Bill is one I want to see, love British crime films.

^ Looks fantastic and more in his 'surreal'/body horror style - only read a few of the author's books but haven't read this one. Anyone read the book?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Russian zombie movie, even if a zombie movie sucks I'll watch it, I'm kind of sick that way. But IMO this one looks like it will be pretty good, I don't think I have ever seen a Russian zombie movie before.

This just looks like another bizarre Japanese movie that I will enjoy.

&feature=player_embedded

Does this mean Cronenberg is back?

Looks fantastic, love the Crash / 90s vibe. Never thought i'd be hyped for this. Should wash away memories of his last film.

Posted this in shoutbox as didn't see a thread.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
&feature=player_embedded

Does this mean Cronenberg is back?
Looks fantastic, love the Crash / 90s vibe. Never thought i'd be hyped for this. Should wash away memories of his last film.

Posted this in shoutbox as didn't see a thread.
Agreed, this does look awesome

^ Looks fantastic and more in his 'surreal'/body horror style - only read a few of the author's books but haven't read this one. Anyone read the book?
Yeah, about 5 or 6 years ago. It was a pretty quick, fun read but not something that's stayed with me or made me feel the urge to eventually read all his novels.

I'm sure I'll see the movie eventually, if not on the big screen. I liked Spider but felt a little let down by A History of Violence and Eastern Promises. Haven't seen A Dangerous Method yet.

^ The Twilight writer put me off at first, but then saw it's directed by the man who made Gattaca and stars Saoirse Ronan, so could be something decent.