Die Hard

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
as u can probably guess i love Die Hard!!!! They all kick butt!!! I just wanted to find out if anybody else out there liked the movies I liked them all. My favorite one was the original Die Hard the best part in all of them is the Yippe Kiyya qoute. I love it so much.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I like them. The second one was pretty crap though.

You ready? You look ready.
finally someone else who likes Die Hard!!!!! ya there should have been three greman brothers and the movies should have been based on that you know

I always liked Die Hard too… however, “I love Die Hard…. They kick butt” … is not really a review so I am moving this to the General Movie forum…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ate all your bees.
Rickman is a great baddie, Die Hard and Prince of Thieves are both lifted by his presence. It makes the end so much more satisfying if you have a great bad guy

Aaaah, our little Johnny MoFo McLane. He's growing up right before our virtual eyes.

Of course I love Die Hard (1988). The sequels become less and less interesting, culminating in the recent fourth flick which is waste of time and money and seems like a Die Hard in name only. But the original was very rightly a huge box office hit and became an instant classic. It took Bruce Willis' very likable persona from "Moonlighting" and credibly integrated it into an action plot. He's sarcastic and cynical and clever enough to survive, but he's also vulnerable (physically and emotionally) and not just a simple unshaven muscled superhero with a semi-automatic weapon. Alan Rickman, then relatively unknown, also adds so very much to the mix, giving us a screen villain who isn't just some mustache-curling ******* or over-the-top monster but a cultured, clever sonofabitch willing to do anything to get what he wants.

The mix of humor and tense, often bloody action that was also a hallmark of the first Lethal Weapon, released the year before, really revolutionized the genre. Sadly very, very few of the many, many imitators in Die Hard's wake had the same levels of intelligence and wit to go with their gunplay, stunts and pyrotechnics (including the other actual Die Hards). It also has a slickness and style that makes it timeless in a way most action movies from the period are not. It's all combined to keep the original so special and why it stands up on repeated viewings nearly twenty years down the cinematic road.

I think a better question is, who doesn't like Die Hard?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I certainly like it. I pop it in every Christmas, and so does my mother, 3000 miles away. A lil' cinematic toast to one another across the miles on Christmas day.

See, even meatwadsprite likes it, and he's a infantile moron with no cinematic taste!

I ask again, who doesn't like the original Die Hard?
yeah but you don't like it as much as i do

*fail sound*

as u can probably guess i love Die Hard!!!! They all kick butt!!! I just wanted to find out if anybody else out there liked the movies I liked them all. My favorite one was the original Die Hard the best part in all of them is the Yippe Kiyya qoute. I love it so much.
The thing I liked best about Die Hard was a crack by a stand-up comic when the first film came out--"They made a whole movie about a Sears car battery???"

Alan Rickman, then relatively unknown, also adds so very much to the mix, giving us a screen villain who isn't just some mustache-curling ******* or over-the-top monster but a cultured, clever sonofabitch willing to do anything to get what he wants.
C'mom, how "clever" is a robbery-murder plot that is totally undone by a couple of low-brows who happen upon the scene totally unsuspecting and unprepared for the carefully planned assault they stumble into? When one bad guy left hanging by his neck for a chain is miraculously revived at the end, does he try to sneak off pretending to be one of the victims instead of a gang member? No, he grabs 2 guns and goes after the hero in front of a bazillion armed cops, one of whom picks him off in some sort of real-men-kill self redemption. Besides, the most despicable character in the film was the barking-dog of electronic media, an anchor man out for a sound-bite. He's more ruthless than any of the terrorists.

Yeah, I too really liked the first Die Hard . Watched it every christmas when I was a kid, lol. Like those have just mentioned, it had a great mix of gun play, violence and humour.

It was Bruce Willis' show and he made sure everybody knew it. Didn't care much for the 2nd one, but the 3rd one is probably the 2nd best in the entry. Shame about the 4th one, eh? That one was a lot worse than I originally thought it would be..