Animated Film Tournament

Tools    

Master of My Domain
In

(this is not because of Camo's message. Certainly not.)

Let the night air cool you off
Totally up to you, but I was thinking since WALL-E just won the animation hof, maybe it shouldn't be allowed in the tournament. Thoughts?

Let the night air cool you off
I guess it would be interesting to see how it fares in a tournament format after dominating the hof it was in. I know I'd vote for it over a lot of other movies.

We've never excluded HoF winners from tournaments so I don't think we should start now.

So, let's see who the lame ass is that nominates it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If this is still open, I'll join.

I'm okay with hybrids, as long as they're "real" hybrids, not just movies that are basically all live action with only 1 or 2 animated scenes.

And I'm okay with WALL-E being allowed in this, and I'll even let someone else nominate it this time.

gbg and Gatsby take us to 9 I'm going to ask Cosmic if she has decided because if she is in we can start nominating, if not we should be able to get someone else.

I get what you're saying JJ but i think WALL-E should be allowed. Remember that it was the only heavy hitter nominated in the Hall of Fame, the most universally loved after that was probably The Secret of Nimh and that's nowhere near as popular as WALL-E. It finished behind Toy Story, Up and Spirited Away in the Countdown so i don't think it is a sure thing at all that it will win.

Something i was thinking of was a rule that one person can only nominate say a maximum of two Pixars. Was just thinking that we are all expecting one to win, they might not but i think that's the most likely scenario and if the first person who nominates picked say the five biggest Pixars there's every chance that something like three of the final four could be theirs. Plus i don't know how everyone is with their Animated films here but it would probably make peoples nominations easier when 50 films or whatever have been picked because most have seen Pixar. If people don't agree with this it's cool, just a thought.

I don't want to nominate stuff but I'd be happy to vote as and when I've actually watched both items in matches if you like?

Once we get our tenth member i'll start taking nominations. We'll nominate 6 each then we can decide which four gets an extra nom or i'll randomize and go with whoever comes out or something. Since i'm a dick i'm going to use my hosting privileges to pick the first 6 myself . I've mixed up the six i'm picking though, went for a big one or two then some lesser loved ones.

I can only think of like, 4 films to nominate (if no one else takes some of them first that is haha) so if you wanted to get 10 people with 6 nominations each and I'll just nominate 4, would that work better?

I can only think of like, 4 films to nominate (if no one else takes some of them first that is haha) so if you wanted to get 10 people with 6 nominations each and I'll just nominate 4, would that work better?
Yeah, no problem. If the others are okay with it i can hold your nominations since you haven't seen as much as most of us.

Okay, taking noms now. There's ten of us. Cosmic has already sent me her noms because she hasn't seen many animated films and i thought it would be best to give her the pick of the litter, i was being a gentleman guys i didn't even say anything when she picked one of my noms . Oh and i lied to her and said you guys said you were cool with it so blame me not her I've also picked my six, after i post this i'll get the first ten noms up in the first post.

So Cosmic has four, and three of us will get 6, six of us will get 7. Since i picked one first i won't be one of the ones with an extra nom. So everyone post 6 noms right now and after we have them all i'll randomize the eight of you and see who gets the extra noms. The reason i'm not doing that right now is so the people (gbg i'm guessing) who nominate last have a bit more to pick from.

The only rule is that each person can only pick a maximum of two Pixars, i brought that up earlier and noone objected so we'll just go ahead with it. Hybrids are allowed but as gbg pointed out they have to have a fair amount of Animation, no majority live action films with a 5 minute animated sequence.

These are the ten picked already:

Wall-E - Camo
The Wrong Trousers - Camo
Bambi - Camo
The Great Mouse Detective - Camo
Perfect Blue - Camo
How To Train Your Dragon - Camo
Princess Mononoke - Cosmic
Sword in the Stone - Cosmic
Rock and Rule - Cosmic
Tokyo Godfathers - Cosmic