First time new member needs help identifying a movie.

Tools    

Not sure why I never thot to join a forum like this but so glad i did. I need lots of other movie fans to help me figure out the name of a movie that I have been desperate to identify for years. I can only remember one scene. I'm pretty sure a woman has applied for an office job. Might be a man but almost certain its a woman. The bosses office she goes to for the interview is old, wooden with glass windows that look out to the work area so he can watch the workers. The boss is a tiny man who speaks in a high voice and speaks very fast. He is obsessed with "keeping that damn door closed". That's pretty much what I remember. I seem to see a camera view looking down into the office but not certain about it. I believe it's a fairly good movie, possibly a true story. If this sounds like anything you recollect I could finally be at peace about it. Please help kind folks. I'd love to identify this so I could watch it again. I own it but when you own 4000 dvds its not that easy to pin it down. Thank you so much for any help.

really not sure is it comedy or serious movie and what decade ?

not the Erin Brockovich, 2000 ?

Thank you to anyone who looked at my question. I recently found the movie in my collection. The scene was at the beginning of THE HELP. The little man is only 4 foot 11 and they say he usually steals the scene in any movie he is in in spite of how short he is. Gosh I feel better now the the mystery has been solved.