He stopped drinking tap water after someone's...?

Tools    

Please help me find a movie. He walked in the office in the early 90's, maybe in the late '80s.
The film is an Italian or American. For a seriously ill old man who lives on a farm, the daughter arrives. He assures her that he was trying to poison and prohibited to drink water from the tap; brews coffee mineral water. Samples of tap water is clean and everyone is convinced that the old man was crazy. The film ends with a fire on a farm. In the end, it turns out that the water is actually poisoned to buy back cheap land for construction or any development.
Thank you.

Unfortunately, not the An Enemy of the People (1978) and other version of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075993/...ef_=tt_trv_cnn Although the story has similarities.
In the film, I'm looking for emphasis on the deadly disease of the protagonist and disbelief of others. He stopped drinking tap water after someone's death, dog possible.
The film saw a child in a movie theater in "Kamchatka", i.e It was a rental. By year between 1987 and 1994 at the latest.
Thank you. Holiday greetings!

The events in the film take place in the second half of the 20-th century. The old man made coffee on the bottled mineral water.
All memorable moments took place inside the house and furnishings looked modern. Palette scenes in the house was dark (night, curtained windows, dim desk lamp).
If the memories are not mingled with other films, the heroine of the film visited the police station and the fire ended the film.
Thank you for participating!