Animated Shorts Hall of Fame

Tools    

Glad you liked it tat, and good start . One more from you and 7/8 members have posted about at least quarter of the noms, and Funny Face say she has seen half Might finish this myself later tonight.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

StoryCorps - Danny & Annie

I am writing this all weepy eyed. Which I knew was gonna happen - this is such a beautiful story with an equally sad, though beautiful ending. To take a personal story and animate the interview was a very wonderful thing and I had quite a bit of trepidation as I began watching knowing full well that I'd probably be in tears by the end. I was, with quite a few "Awws," one after the other.

It is stories like these that remind us what truly matters.

BRAVO, Funny Face, BRAVO

haha. Yeah, i want one of your guys to finish first. Feels weird sending myself the first list .

Also the late starters have been killing it lately with their posts

Steven Universe Season 4 Episode 6 "Last One Out of Beach City"

While I did go into this completely blind this did not hinder or cause any viewer strife.
This, unfortunately was a bit too light for me. A little too PC, almost Sunday School in its presentation so I did have a bit of a problem getting into this one.
I am very sorry, Tat, but this wasn't for me. Thank you for nominating it.

Der Fuehrer's Face

It has been a while since I saw this and really enjoyed watching Donald grumbling under his breath and the constant warning with bayonets to ensure respect and loyalty out of him.
Having the song of the same title played throughout was a very nice touch as well.
The version I watched on youtube actually had a prologue featuring Leonard Maltin.

On a side note, I know it never happens, but I SWEAR sometimes when Donald grumbles, he swears! One spot in particular it sounds like he's saying "god damn son of a --" before the bayonets come out again and a voice demands Vhat vas zat, schweinhund?"
I know I'm wrong and it's just my twisted imagination, but still. . .

well, that is all of them for me, sooooo, while I figure out my list and send it in. . .

EXIT, STAGE LEFT!

Steven Universe Season 4 Episode 6 "Last One Out of Beach City"

While I did go into this completely blind this did not hinder or cause any viewer strife.
This, unfortunately was a bit too light for me. A little too PC, almost Sunday School in its presentation so I did have a bit of a problem getting into this one.
I am very sorry, Tat, but this wasn't for me. Thank you for nominating it.
PC? It's a kids show, what are you talking about?

Anyway, Ed has finished so JJ is the new star pupil . The rest of you are trash as far as i'm concerned until you become the one with the most write-ups!

Yeah, it's different from the rest of them we're watching because they were released in theaters so had to appeal to both adults and kids at the time and often even more so to adults. There's nothing PC about Steven Universe outside the fact that it is a show for children which obviously can't feature any actual violence or vulgarity or whatever.

The Great Piggy Bank Robbery

Well I don't have much to say since it's quite confusing and bizarre in a good way . The only thing clear to me is that I love that Serpent Eyes guy design (although those are clearly dice) ; that all cartoon ducks can't speak properly and that Duck Twacy is insane

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The Great Piggy Bank Robbery

Well I don't have much to say since it's quite confusing and bizarre in a good way . The only thing clear to me is that I love that Serpent Eyes guy design (although those are clearly dice) ; that all cartoon ducks can't speak properly and that Duck Twacy is insane
Snake eye's a term for when you roll two ones in a game of dice. That's sort of the joke, but I can understand the confusion if the term is unfamiliar to you.

King-Size Canary

Man this is so great. I haven't been watching Tex Avery as much as Freleng, Jones or Clampett recently i really should though. I love how quick and energetic it is; something was always happening every second, there was no breaks. I've noticed that is what Tex seemed to excel at very manic, action packed cartoons; filling out the full run-time basically. He has a very distinct style; i think i could pick out one of his cartoons over most of the classic cartoon directors which is a huge compliment. There's some really great animation mostly coming from the cats rapid movements. There's quite a few really good gags to, too many to name since it is jampacked. One i've always loved is the cat using the boxes to get into the window, he places the box in midair and it just suspends there until he has placed the other one ontop of it to get in, so so dumb and so great haha. The main idea here is pretty hilarious and fits Tex's style perfectly, escalation seems to be something he does well and that's obviously the main thing here with the tonic getting passed around and each animal becoming larger than the last. Love the final chase and somehow the anti-climatic ending really fits.

Great choice JJ, should end up high on my list. Just two left for me, think i might watch Story Corps shortly.

Danny & Annie

Didn't have the slightest clue what this was about, this and Monk and the Monkey were the only ones i hadn't seen (i hadn't seen that particular episode of Steven Universe before but i had saw others) so i was kinda looking forward to them the most. I don't have too much to say about it but i did enjoy it. It was very sweet and sad. They had good chemistry and Danny was a very nice man, what happened was sad but it was nice how accepting they were of it as a part of life and how they got to spend their last moments together. Liked the drawings too; the ones with her at the casket and grave got to me. Nice nomination Funny Face it was very touching.

Little Rural Riding Hood

The red hood using the fingers of her feet was hilarious, and the chase was pretty cool too. The wolf's way of speaking reminds me of Goofy. Still I don't get why did Red Hood didn't let the wolf kiss him until the part where he got mail unless she knew it was just a bait. I was about to write how smooth and elegant the brother of the wolf is until the last scene