Animated Shorts Hall of Fame

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
The Monk & The Monkey

I feel like I've seen this same exact thing a million times before on Cartoon Network. The animation might be better than most of those Cartoon Network shows, but the action/chase sequence feels very vanilla. The decision that is made is something I've seen a million times before. The "twist" is something I've seen before. I think someone with talent made this, but I would like to see more creativity out of the filmmakers. Perhaps if they had the opportunity to make a longer film this would have worked better, and I understand that's probably not their fault.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm perfectly fine with tat's noms and like camo said the total comes in around 15, so no worries!

excellent noms so far, i'll be getting mine in shortly

Okay, can we hold back on posting your thoughts until we have the rest of the noms please? Obviously you can watch them if you want i'd just rather wait for everyones noms til we officially start posting about them.

Got Ed's noms up . It's pretty funny that last time 9/12 nominations were from Chuck Jones and 8 in this time he doesn't have any. Just Clazor, Nope and gbg (if she's still in) nominations and we can start.

The Monk & The Monkey

Decided to watch this since JJ already had, if anyone else wants to go ahead but i'd ask for you not to post about any of the others until the rest of the nominations are in. This is too short for there to be much to talk about, without the credits it's about 4 minutes. I liked the animation and the music, a few parts were pretty beautiful. If it was any longer i think it would have got irritating but as it was i quite enjoyed it. When it came to the choice between the monkey and the orb it was very obvious what was going to happen, but yeah this was an alright watch.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Got Ed's noms up . It's pretty funny that last time 9/12 nominations were from Chuck Jones and 8 in this time he doesn't have any. Just Clazor, Nope and gbg (if she's still in) nominations and we can start.

Yes, I'm in. I'll PM you my noms in a few minutes.

Wow, that vampire was really scared when I watched it . One of the Looney Tunes I liked a lot when was Bugs was the one that draw the cartoon and trolled the duck (in my country he is called Lucas but I'm damn sure that's not his actual name)

Wow, that vampire was really scared when I watched it . One of the Looney Tunes I liked a lot when was Bugs was the one that draw the cartoon and trolled the duck (in my country he is called Lucas but I'm damn sure that's not his actual name)
That's Duck Amuck; it won the Looney Tunes HOF we did. And yeah he's called Lucas Duck, don't let these guys trick you into believing it's Daffy Duck they are liars.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Cat Concerto
This was one of the only Tom and Jerry cartoons that I vividly remember as a child. I remember Jerry replacing the piano keys with mousetraps, Tom getting his hands flattened, and the end when they both goes crazy on the piano. Overall, I really enjoyed this cartoon, and got a lot of nostalgia revisiting it. Solid nom to start off the HoF.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
there are SOOOO many old time favorites on this list, including the above. I always felt bad for Tom when I was a kid and most times I just wanted Jerry caught and eaten. I do remember enjoying this one and look forward to it.
Another great one of Tom and Jerry involved the (I think) the first time seeing Spike the dog and Tom having to dance around him. The fact that it was done by Tex Avery probably had a lot to do with it lol

And thanks, Jraffe. Got two greats, yourself

I was a kid and most times I just wanted Jerry caught and eaten.
haha. Don't think there's anyone who didn't usually root for Tom when they were kid. I really like Itchy and Scratchy in The Simpsons which is obviously a parody of it. The ending from Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie pretty much sums up Tom and Jerry for me:

Homer and Bart go to see Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie in the future.

Homer: Which one is Itchy?
Bart; The Mouse.
Homer; Itchy is a jerk.
Bart: hahaha. Yeah.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Right, sent my noms now. Guess I was the last, hopefully that doesn't mean I brought the least of the noms though.