Bloody 'Venus of Willendorf' Jungle scene?

Tools    

I don't know if it was supposed to be a horror movie or something set in medieval times. The one thing I remember about it was this one scene .. I think it was set in a jungle (or a forest that looked a lot like a jungle) late at night, lit by moonlight and torches, and there was lots of blood (dead horses?) and a really loud sound of flies. I guess the people were looking for something and they found bodies. Oh, and was there something about a little 'Venus of Willendorf' figurine.

Wish I could say more but this was over a decade ago when I was little, and my mother covered my eyes for most of it (don't ask why she bothered to let me 'watch' this movie.....) so this is all I remember.

Does anyone have any idea what movie this is? (I'm pretty sure it was in English and this was probably back in 1997-2002 ('saw' it in a theater IIRC) if that helps.)

I care, Mark. I care.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I love that film but I didn't remember the bit with the figurine. It's probably a good 15 years since I last saw it.

Super underrated movie, that.
Yeah, it seems to be. I mean there are a lot of reinvisioned versions of Beowulf, including Outlander, but The 13th Warrior is the best I've seen.

I guess the OP doesn't care but I answered this a week ago.
I'm still here, just didn't expect someone to pick out a really vague scene from a really vague old memory so quickly.

Yuck. Yeah, that was about the right amount of blood I remember. Now I remember the guys with black & red paint wearing animal skins too. So I guess it wasn't at night but the area the house was in does look pretty junglish with all the roots around. The figurine is there so this has to be it.

TY for putting a bothersome memory to rest.