Movie Clip Song Tournament Part II

Tools    

MOVIE CLIP SONG TOURNAMENT
PART II

RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT! MUST READ!

-THERE IS NO DROPPING OUT! ONCE YOU'RE IN, YOU'RE STUCK UNTIL THE VERY END. IF YOU INSIST ON DROPPING OUT, YOU WILL BE BARRED FROM JOINING MY NEXT TOURNEY

-THE SONGS MUST BE PART OF A MOVIE SCENE WHERE THE ACTORS ARE REACTING TO THE SONG, BY SINGING OR DANCING ALONG FOR EXAMPLE.
-SONGS PLAYED DURING THE OPENING OR END CREDITS OF THE MOVIES MAY NOT BE INCLUDED, UNLESS THE OPENING CREDITS OR CLOSING CREDITS FEATURE ACTORS REACTING TO THE SONG
-MOVIE CLIP SONGS FROM ANY YEAR, GENRE, OR COUNTRY ARE WELCOME
-YOU MUST NOMINATE AT LEAST 10 MOVIE CLIP SONGS (ADDITIONAL NOMINATIONS MAY BE PERMITTED DEPENDING ON THE PLAYER TURNOUT)

-NO SWITCHING VOTES! ONCE VOTES ARE MADE, THEY ARE LOCKED!
-YOU MAY EDIT YOUR LIST UNTIL NOMINATIONS CLOSE, BUT PLEASE INFORM ME IF YOU DO
-YOU MUST PROVIDE A LINK TO EACH MOVIE CLIP SONG (YOUTUBE PREFERRED) - BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE SONG AND MOVIE IN YOUR NOMINATION TITLES
-WHEN VOTING, YOU MUST HAVE LISTENED TO AND SEEN BOTH CLIPS

-YOU MUST VOTE ON EACH MATCH FOR EVERY ROUND/DAY. NO SKIPPING!
-OUT OF COURTESY FOR OTHER PLAYERS, PLEASE BE QUICK WITH THE VOTING PROCESS
-THE VOTING WINDOW WILL BE OPEN FOR ONLY 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME THE ROUND/DAY IS POSTED. BEYOND THAT POINT, THE HOST HAS THE RIGHT TO SEEK TIE-BREAKERS. ALL OTHER MATCHES WILL BE DETERMINED AT THE 24 HOUR MARK

-FOR EXTRA CLARIFICATION, THE ACTORS IN THE SCENES CAN BE DOING ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
-Singing along to the song
-Dancing along to the song
-Listening to the song
-Talking about the song
-Doing something while the song is playing
-Performing the song

THE PLAYERS
mojofilter
cricket
Sexy Celebrity

THE LISTS

NOTE:
  • The MOVIE CLIP SONG TOURNAMENT PART II will succeed the TBD
  • NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED AS OF TBD
  • There are TBD total players competing, with a total of TBD songs
  • The song that gets the best of TBD votes (i.e. TBD votes or more), or the most votes within the span of 24 hours (whichever comes first) wins the match in each round, and moves on to the next round
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Mojo, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested in this tournament, as long as it doesn't run at the same time as Ðèstîñy's "All About Lovers" tournament in February. (It was on her Song Tournament Schedule list before you posted about this tournament.)

I haven't had time to figure out my noms yet, but I have a long list of potential noms to narrow down.

Mojo, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested in this tournament, as long as it doesn't run at the same time as Ðèstîñy's "All About Lovers" tournament in February. (It was on her Song Tournament Schedule list before you posted about this tournament.)

I haven't had time to figure out my noms yet, but I have a long list of potential noms to narrow down.
Why is there a schedule for the tourneys? And I have to wait until February to start? Not happening.
We've run more than one tourney in the past, so I see no problem in doing it again.

Why is there a schedule for the tourneys? And I have to wait until February to start? Not happening.
We've run more than one tourney in the past, so I see no problem in doing it again.

I think Ðèstîñy started the schedule because people kept suggesting ideas for tournaments, but there was no organization so many of them never happened. So she made a schedule for the song tournaments like the one for the HoFs.

Your tournament might fit between Chyp's "I've Got You Covered" Song Tournament and Ðèstîñy's "All About Lovers" tournament, but you would have to ask Ðèstîñy if that would work.

I won't have time to join both tournaments if they run at the same time, so I hope they don't run together because I would have to choose one of them.

We do tournaments when we want to do them. Nobody has ever taken control of the Song Tournament schedule, and as long as people want to do whatever they want to do, Destiny sure isn't taking control over the schedule, either, just because she likes taking over things, such as when she tried to take over the Hall of Fames. It isn't her business, so if we want to do certain song tournaments, we'll do them, and if you can't participate, you can't participate.

If you guys have a problem with the song tournament schedule, you're complaining to the wrong person. I didn't start the schedule, but I think it's a good idea, and I have no problem with it. If you have a problem with it, go complain to Ðèstîñy.

If you decide to run both tournaments at the same time, I'll just have to decide which one to join, but I'll make that decision when the time comes.

I'm sure Destiny will read this entire conversation.

Destiny, you've hardly been in any tourneys lately with the exception of maybe the last 2, and now you want to dictate what the next 3 or 4 tourneys will be and set a timetable for them, too?

I want to start the Movie Clip Tourney Part 2 soon. Possibly after this Christmas one is over. Got You Covered can run at the same time, and I am taking part in that too.
There can be more than 1 tourney going at the same time. If people can take part in simultaneous tourneys, then so be it. If they can't, then they shouldn't. Nobody is forcing them.

My suggestion is: let it be and let people start whatever threads they want, because, in the end, tourneys are just threads on this board that everybody at anytime can participate in.

are we posting the clip in the movie it happened or the musicvideo?
i can think of lots of movies where these kind of things accure but not for the whole song,unless its a musical, so it might just be for a few moments out of a whole song?

Good Lord. Try to relax, guys. Who cares when you do them!?! The "only" point of the list, is to say when, and write it down, so we don't miss out on them. So we can call a title, and get to do it when we want, without someone else maybe snagging our idea. Sometimes we take too long to mention it, or maybe it gets missed, because they're all posted in random threads here and there. These threads have always been about being organized, and nothing else. I am hardly the first person to come into one of these threads saying, "If I had known about this game, I would have joined in." I missed Ned for my Christmas thread.

Sure, the Christmas thread was to run alone. It was because we were too busy for anything else. That sure is why you and a couple others laid out of mine. Needing a break and being too busy. You know, the holidays. I never said they can't run together. I just figured we could have one place for listing them. Some of these threads only make sense to run during a holiday, and some want to be made, but not for a long time . . . The reason for the list. If someone doesn't have the time to be in more than one, then they can read the list, and pick which one they'd rather be in. Again, I never said to only run one at a time.

Are you still going to do this, and are we going to get 14 to 15 choices again, like we did in your last two threads? This is why I went ahead with more titles. I didn't want to miss out on so many of my favorites. I will bother to link them once I find out that this thread is still going to happen.

First off, I wish the hell this could count. We love jamming to this song . . . Friday the 13th Part III theme.

Boys in Town
Performed by The Divinyls
The Legend of Billie Jean

Good Man in a Bad Time
Performed by Ian Hunter
Fright Night

Come to Me
Performed by Brad Fiedel
Fright Night

His Eyes
Performed by Pseudo Echo
Friday The 13th Part V

I Still Believe
Performed by Timmy Cappello
The Lost Boys

People Are Strange
Performed by Echo & The Bunnymen
The Lost Boys

Walk This Way
Performed by Run-D.M.C. & Aerosmith
The Lost boys

(Don't Fear) The Reaper
Performed by Blue Öyster Cult
Stephen King's The Stand

Don't Dream it's Over
Performed by Crowded House
Stephen King's The Stand

Ready to take a Chance Again
Performed by Barry Manilow
Foul Play

Stayin' Alive
Performed by The Bee Gees
Foul Play

Lunatic Fringe
Performed by Red Rider
Vision Quest

We are not Alone
Performed by Karla DeVito
The Breakfast Club

Who Made Who
Performed by AC/DC
Maximum Overdrive

Be Good to Yourself ~ I doubt it counts because he is just walking away from us in the woods, being a smartass about the fact that he really isn't in the woods, but infact he's back in the city. Then the credits role.
Performed by Journey
White Water Summer

Take On Me
Performed by a-ha
Corky Romano

Man, I have a million more. I may switch three for these . . .

Just One Kiss & Hands Off ~ Once Bitten
Everchanging Times or I'll Never Smile Again ~ Baby Boom

I think the best is certainly...

Everything in The Blues Brothers

"Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" The Deer Hunter

"That Thing You Do" in, well...

"He Kissed Me" Goodfellas

And of course

"Caravan/Drum Solo" Whiplash

Having few players for the last movie clip game, made for 16 songs per player. I'm kind of hoping that happens again, and by the looks of my list, that's a pretty obvious fact.

Having few players for the last movie clip game, made for 16 songs per player. I'm kind of hoping that happens again, and by the looks of my list, that's a pretty obvious fact.
Will you find YouTube clips of all those though? I have favorites that I couldn't find.

Will you find YouTube clips of all those though? I have favorites that I couldn't find.
Yeah, I believe that's how I always do this. I type my ideas into Youtube, and listen to them. As long as they are still there, I should be able to find all of them. I'll check in just a few.

I was also thinking about something last night. The 10 minute tournament. One song that I wanted, wasn't there, but I own it. I also have a Youtube account. I assume there's nothing stopping me from loading them there, or somewhere, and linking them here. As long as you give the song an odd title, they shouldn't be so fast at catching and deleting it.