The "I've Got You Covered" Song Tournament

Tools    

ROUND 1 - DAY 2

Ike and Tina Turner - Whole lotta love vs. Bananarama - Waterloo (ABBA)-I love pre-80's Turner while I think the other is a decent cover of an ok song.

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Al Green ~ How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?-Al Green is so smooth, but I think that's much inferior to The Bee Gees' version.

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts ~ I Love Rock & Roll-I remember when the 2nd came out and it was awesome. I haven't been crazy about it since then.

Manfred Mann - Quinn the Eskimo vs. Elvis Presley - Yesterday-The King doing The Beatles is cool, but I've always liked the other song.

Joan Jett - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground-As an AC/DC fan, I consider the first an abomination.

Rare Earth-Get Ready vs. George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me-The original Get Ready is brilliant, yet I prefer this version. I hate the other song no matter who sings it.

William Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds vs. Girls Aloud-Beneath your beautiful-The first is quirky fun while the other had me not caring.

Seasons After ~ Cry Little Sister vs. Johnny Cash - Redemption Day-It pains me to listen to Cash in his older days-depressing.

ROUND 1 - DAY 2

Ike and Tina Turner - Whole lotta love vs. Bananarama - Waterloo (ABBA)...I really appreciate the Ike & Tina cover of Zepplin, but I prefer Bananaramas cover, though their video sucks.

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun
vs. Al Green ~ How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?...I still like the Animals Rising Sun better but the guitar rocked in this cover.

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
vs. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts ~ I Love Rock & Roll...I never knew I Love Rock & Roll was a cover.

Manfred Mann - Quinn the Eskimo vs. Elvis Presley - Yesterday...nicely done Elvis!

Joan Jett - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC)
vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground..the other was nice, but the first is fresher.

Rare Earth-Get Ready vs. George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me...Not big on either.

William Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
vs. Girls Aloud-Beneath your beautiful...Shatner was painful, but quirky!

Seasons After ~ Cry Little Sister vs. Johnny Cash - Redemption Day...I don't recognize either of those songs so I will go with the one I like the best.

You can use this as an alternate link to Twist and Shout:

The Beatles - Twist and Shout
Can't I'm afraid - content blocked where I am
Will use the link gbg provided as an alternative for those that need it if it goes through.

Ike and Tina Turner - Whole lotta love vs. Bananarama - Waterloo (ABBA)

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Al Green ~ How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts ~ I Love Rock & Roll

Manfred Mann - Quinn the Eskimo vs. Elvis Presley - Yesterday

Joan Jett - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground

Rare Earth-Get Ready vs. George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

William Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds vs. Girls Aloud-Beneath your beautiful

Seasons After ~ Cry Little Sister vs. Johnny Cash - Redemption Day

Seasons After ~ Cry Little Sister vs. Johnny Cash - Redemption Day-It pains me to listen to Cash in his older days-depressing.
Really Crick? I find it completely the opposite. I think he's celebrating his whole life by doing those last albums

Let the night air cool you off
Day 1
Aretha Franklin ~ Respect vs. George Canyon - Ring Of Fire

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down vs. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (Traditional)

Collin Raye - Blackbird vs. The Mike Flowers Pops – Wonderwall (Oasis)

Chicago Transit Authority - I'm A Man (Spencer Davis Group) vs. Faith No More - Easy

Todd Terje ft. Bryan Ferry - Johnny and Mary (Robert Palmer) vs. Tom Russell - Fire

The Beatles - Twist and Shout vs. The Wallflowers - Heroes

Iron Horse - Rocket Man (Elton John) vs. LACUNA COIL - Enjoy the Silence (Depche Mode)

The Sundays-Wild horses vs. Oasis - My Generation

I've already listened to some of the day 2 songs, so I'll post those shortly.

Really Crick? I find it completely the opposite. I think he's celebrating his whole life by doing those last albums
For the most part, I agree with you christine. The only exception is that most of the last American Recordings album felt more like a Rick Rubin album than a Johnny Cash album. The earlier American albums had much more subtle production, and as a result were really raw and powerful. No distractions.

Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun vs. Al Green ~ How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) vs. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts ~ I Love Rock & Roll

Joan Jett - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC) vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground

Rare Earth-Get Ready vs. George Michael & Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

William Shatner - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds vs. Girls Aloud-Beneath your beautiful

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 - DAY 2

ROUND 1 - DAY 2

For the most part, I agree with you christine. The only exception is that most of the last American Recordings album felt more like a Rick Rubin album than a Johnny Cash album. The earlier American albums had much more subtle production, and as a result were really raw and powerful. No distractions.
I wouldn't disagree with you there jj.

Chyppie I have to do round 2 tomorrow. Lots of work on today x
I'll be back in a few hours to catch up on round 2 and 3. That stupid flu bug made my son sick again, just a very few days after Christmas, and now it's hitting the rest of us again.

I'll be back in a few hours to catch up on round 2 and 3. That stupid flu bug made my son sick again, just a very few days after Christmas, and now it's hitting the rest of us again.
You need to do what we do - if the wife gets a germ she has to go live in the shed until it's gone and if I get a germ she has to go live in the shed until it's gone

ROUND 1 - DAY 3

The Weeknd - D.D. (Michael Jackson) vs. Shakira-Dude looks like a lady-I liked the second a little bit too.

Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) vs. Cody Jinks - The Way I Am (Merle Haggard)-I normally like what I hear from Manson and the other didn't do anything for me.

Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die vs. Tom Jones and the Cardigans - Burning Down the House-I don't love the first like I once did, and I really enjoyed hearing the other for the first time.

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World vs. Electro Deluxe - Stayin Alive Cover (Bee Gees)-I'm not a big unplugged guy but the first is really strong. The second sounded like something I'd hear on a cruise.

Nadine Coyle-Fields of gold vs. Phil Collins - You Can't Hurry Love-I can't say I like either, but there's some nostalgia with the second.

Junior Parker - Tomorrow Never Knows (The Beatles) vs. Cream - Crossroads-Closer than I expected just because the first was so cool.

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - Kaw-Liga (Hank Williams) vs. Hunter Hayes (4 years old) - Jambalaya-I liked that first one. That second kid should get out of the damn way.

Devo - Satisfaction (Rolling Stones) vs. Aerosmith-Walking in the Sand-I liked the first a little, while I've always thought the other was one of Aerosmith's most underrated songs.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa