Song Tournament #17

Tools    

Mojo - pls switch out Andre Williams - Sweet Little Pussycat from my noms and replace it with
Kylie Minogue - Slow
if you'd be so kind.

You never know we just might get to hear crick give his unique pronunciation again if he voice records his votes for whichever set it ends up in

Ta.

I'm making some last minute switches.

ROUND 1 DAY 1 will be up shortly
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

you delete one of my nom by error mojo

Grand Funk Railroad - We're an American Band

ROUND 1 DAY 1

2-The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin vs. 3-Paper Lace-The Night Chicago Died
The first is an amazing classic. Easy match!

3-Nu Shooz-I Can't Wait vs. 9-Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
Tricky match! Both are good songs. I'm kinda bored of the second, though, and Simon & Garfunkel have fat better songs

7-Tanya Stephens - What's Your Story vs. 2-R.E.M. - Man on the Moon
Easy match! I love R.E.M. and that is one of their best

2-KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It) VS. 10-Survivor - Man Against the World
Kinda bored of the first one. The second is a cool 80's rock song

10-Corey Hart - Everything in My Heart VS. 3-Smoky Robinson & the Miracles-Tracks of My Tears
Was never a big fan of Smokey. The first one was cool, and that's not even Corey Hart's best song

8-Billy Talent - Rusted From The Rain VS. 1-Jon Secada - Just Another Day
I remember Jon Secada being a badass singer in the early 90's, and that song of his still sounds awesome

5-Steve Earle - Guitar Town VS. 10-Billy Joel - This is the Time
I didn't like the first one. The second is far from Billy's best song, but it's ok compared to the first

5-Elton John & Leon Russell - If It Wasn't For Bad VS. 3-Guns N' Roses-My Michelle
Elton's song was not that good. The second was cool and it's far from GN'R's best song

The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin vs. Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died

Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
vs. Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia

Tanya Stephens - What's Your Story vs. R.E.M. - Man on The Moon

KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It) vs. Survivor - Man Against the World

Corey Hart- Everything in My Heart vs. Smoky Robinson & The Miracles - Tracks of My Tears

Billy Talent - Rusted from The Rain vs. Jon Secada - Just Another Day

Steve Earle - Guitar Town
vs. Billy Joel - This is The Time

Elton John & Leon Russell - If It Wasn't For Bad vs. Guns N' Roses - My Michelle

2-The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin vs. 3-Paper Lace-The Night Chicago Died (as long as I love the first song how many times it's been nominated before.... 30? and the other song was nice)

3-Nu Shooz-I Can't Wait vs. 9-Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia (PG know I'm not the biggest Simon & Garfunkel fan but it's still better than the first one imo)

2-KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It) VS. 10-Survivor - Man Against the World (once again how many times this song as been nominated? I'm sick of it for being honest. Survivor ftw.)

10-Corey Hart - Everything in My Heart VS. 3-Smoky Robinson & the Miracles-Tracks of My Tears

8-Billy Talent - Rusted From The Rain VS. 1-Jon Secada - Just Another Day (Billy Talent > everything (especially this song))

5-Elton John & Leon Russell - If It Wasn't For Bad VS. 3-Guns N' Roses-My Michelle

2-The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin vs. 3-Paper Lace-The Night Chicago Died

3-Nu Shooz-I Can't Wait
vs. 9-Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia

2-KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It) VS. 10-Survivor - Man Against the World

ROUND 1 DAY 1

2-The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin vs. 3-Paper Lace-The Night Chicago Died-At one time this would have been very close, but I've just heard the first way too many times.

3-Nu Shooz-I Can't Wait vs. 9-Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia-The second is an unusual classic, in that I've never liked it.

7-Tanya Stephens - What's Your Story vs. 2-R.E.M. - Man on the Moon-This was close because I really don't like R.E.M. That song of theirs is ok though.

2-KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It) VS. 10-Survivor - Man Against the World-I love The Sunshine Band and the second is not my style at all.

10-Corey Hart - Everything in My Heart VS. 3-Smoky Robinson & the Miracles-Tracks of My Tears-The first wasn't terrible, but I really only like Corey Hart's one big hit.

8-Billy Talent - Rusted From The Rain VS. 1-Jon Secada - Just Another Day-The second was pretty good but this is a big contrast in style. Billy Talent could use a better name but it seems that I like most of his songs.

5-Steve Earle - Guitar Town VS. 10-Billy Joel - This is the Time-I consider myself a Joel fan, but he has a lot of sappy songs. Not a country fan, but I can listen to the first one.

5-Elton John & Leon Russell - If It Wasn't For Bad VS. 3-Guns N' Roses-My Michelle-That second is in the running for my favorite GNR song. I love Elton John, but for some reason thought I was going to hate that song. It's actually better than a couple of his big his.

3-Nu Shooz-I Can't Wait vs. 9-Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia