Nedstarks Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
37 Statler Brothers----Do You Remember These.

I like the Statler Brother fine they have good harmony but I still tended too prefer the Oakridge Boys when i was growing up but my mom liked the Statlers.

"Do You Remember These" is one of my favorite Statler Brothers songs, but "Flowers on The Wall" is more deserving to be in this HoF.

38 Bill Monroe----Blue Moon Of Kentucky

Dont know allot about Bill Monroe other then he was a great mandolin player and was an opry legend. This song was by way of request. Its a nice song no doubt.

Even though this song is bluegrass, it's still deserving of a place in this HoF. Bill Monroe was the King of Bluegrass, and "Blue Moon of Kentucky" is his signature song.

39 Patsy Cline---She's Got You.

This is my first of 3 Cline songs to which this one I kinda liked the best so its why I chose it first over Crazy.

You can't have a Country Music Hall of Fame without including Patsy Cline, and "She's Got You" is one of her best songs. It may not be her signature song, but it won the last Country Music Song Tournament here on MoFo, and that's good enough for me.

40 Kenny Rogers---Love Will Turn You Around.

Kenny Rogers is another singer who definitely belongs in this HoF, but IMO, his signature songs are not necessarily his best songs. I'm not sure which song (or songs) would be the best of his to include in this HoF, but "Love Will Turn You Around" is certainly a good candidate.

I wasnt Sure What Little Jimmy Dickens Song To Use Really and I think Cowboy Songs to which Dean Martin song has a place in country music.

43 Elvis----Burning Love

Many people will say Elvis has no place in the country hall of fame but really was Johnny Cash so much differant then Elvis. They were both friends and both did very good gospal albums. Elvis was a lot better singer then given credit. If you look at how country is you can see Elvis Influences.
Burning Love Is One Of Two Elvis Songs in the Hall.

44 Lefty Frizzell.-----Saginaw Michigan

I think it be wrong not too have Lefty or Bob Wills somewhere in the hall of fame and has anyone noticed that Lefty and Johnny Horton sounded allot alike.

Just catching up. I like loads of your choices Ned. My mum and dad liked Charlie Rich too - their favourite was The Most Beautiful Girl in the World. I would've chosen Jolene for Dolly, that is if you're only having one Dolly song.

I'd be great to have a list edited into your first post so we can see your picks in one place

I'll probably pop in here every now and again with some songs I think should probably be part of something like this. Here's what I have now:

The Carter Family - Can the Circle Be Unbroken
Buck Owens - Act Naturally
Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
Bill Monroe - Blue Moon of Kentucky
Bob Wills - Take Me Back to Tulsa/Faded Love/San Antonio Rose
Lefty Frizzell - If You Got the Money
Willie Nelson - Whiskey River/Red Headed Stranger
Patsy Cline - Crazy/Walking After Midnight
Kris Kristofferson - Sunday Morning Coming Down
Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson - Luckenbach, Texas
David Allan Coe - The Ride/You Never Even Called Me By Name
Faron Young - Hello Walls
Johnny Cash & June Carter - Jackson
Alan Jackson - Midnight in Montgomery
George Strait - Unwound/All My Ex's Live in Texas
Marty Robbins - El Paso

That's a great list JJ. I adore Jackson, it always makes me smile.

Ned are you planning on having anything by Kitty Wells? I think she had a great voice
Im going over a bunch of female singer songs and expect mostly female songs in the hall from 50 to 57. It be in there likely.

Ned are you planning on having anything by Kitty Wells? I think she had a great voice
Did you look at all the new additions in the hall ? If So what you think

45 Freddie Fender---Before The Next Teardrop Falls.

Love his music and his other big hit will be in the hall. My mother love's his singing and Marty Robbins.

46 Lost Highway---Hank Williams

Hank Williams song seem all sad even when they seem up beat. Im guessing its likely why Jr created his music so differant.
Its not one of his more famous cheating songs but i Always liked Lost Highway

47 Yesterday , When I Was Young.---Roy Clark

Roy clark was an amazing talent and he has two Songs In The Hall. This One and I Never Picked Cotton but this was considered his best song other then his song when he played banjo or Guitar or whatever.

48 Country Bumpkin---Cal Smith

I heard this song allot on the long older country music a lot and Skip A Rope and dont be surprised it doesnt show up in the hall.
I thought this was a good song but kinda sad.

49 El Paso

Robbins sure did have the voice for western style sounding music and El Paso was an amazing title song. One of JJ recommended songs but I'm pretty sure this was always gonna be one of his 3 songs.

50 Kitty Wells----Honky Tonk Angels

My dad was a big Wells fan even more so then Patsy Cline. I think he liked tradtional Opry Style Country to be honest. Kitty Wells is just about old sounded country as one can get I think.

51 Once A Day--- Connie Smith

Connie Smith is probably best known for this song but also she made news some many years later when she and Marty Stuart got Married. He was a bit younger then she was. They are still married and he is now president of the Opry.