Nedstarks Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Tools    

Some of these should make it in cant say all but will try my best.My dad was in the Army and he and Faron Young Played together.

Let the night air cool you off
Some of these should make it in cant say all but will try my best.My dad was in the Army and he and Faron Young Played together.
That's pretty cool.

If you don't mind me asking, is your father still living? I'd love to hear what he had to say about the experience, with you transcribing here for us, of course.

No My dad passed on in 2008. My dad played guitar until he couldnt. His favorite singer and songs too do were Hank Williams and Ray Price.

33 John Denver-----Country Roads

I know respectively John has this 70s almost mello rock typical 70s sound too his music but respectively country music fans adopted John and his style of music was beloved especially this song. As its a typical Wv traveling song in the car.

34 Faron Young---Hello Walls

This will be my last song until Monday added for it give time for people who normally comment too catch up on the songs entered.
Faron Young best song was Hello Walls. This song is kinda sad for me because allot of singers who pass their songs tend too have more feeling if liked those singers.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
24 I Never Picked Cotton----Roy Clark - Roy Clark definitely deserves a spot in this HoF, but this is probably not the right song. My personal favorite of his songs is "Yesterday When I Was Young", but he was also an amazing guitar player.

Some of you may be too young to remember this, but just check out his guest appearance on the TV show "The Odd Couple":

25 Bob Wills Is Still The King----Waylon Jennings - Waylon Jennings is another singer who clearly belongs in this HoF, and this song is a good choice, but with so many great songs, I'm not sure that it's the song that I would choose for him. It's interesting that you "think he left this world far too soon". Did you know that he was supposed to be on the plane that crashed killing Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and "The Big Bopper"? He gave up his seat to "The Big Bopper", who was sick at the time.

26 Walking The Floor Over You----Ernest Tubb - Great singer, and great song. Good choice for this HoF.

27 The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia----Reba McEntire - I love Reba McEntire, and she definitely deserves to be in this HoF, but this is not even close to the song that I would pick for her. Maybe “The Greatest Man I Never Knew”, or "Somebody Should Leave", or “Whoever’s in New England” would be better choices.

28 Charlie Rich - Behind Closed Doors - Another great choice.

29 Coca Cola Cowboy-----Mel Tillis - This is a great song, but I'm not sure that it belongs in this HoF. With only 150 spots, I think there are more deserving songs.

30 Coat Of Many Colors----Dolly Parton - Dolly Parton definitely deserves a spot in this HoF, and this is a good song choice. I'm not sure that it's her best song, but it's a great song. However I probably would have picked "Jolene" instead.

31 He Stopped Loving Her Today---George Jones - I expected to see this song on the list eventually. It's been voted the #1 country song of all-time on several lists over the years. I would have been shocked to not see it make this HoF.

32 John Conlee-----Rose Colored Glasses - I love this song, but I'm not sure that it belongs in this HoF. There just aren't enough spots for every great song, and I just think there are better songs than this one for the HoF.

33 John Denver-----Country Roads - I know there are some people who think that John Denver is more of a folk singer than a country singer, but he definitely deserves a place in this HoF. I prefer some of his lesser known songs, like "Shanghai Breezes", "Don't Close Your Eyes Tonight", and "Dreamland Express", but this is a very deserving song.

34 Faron Young---Hello Walls - This is another great song that deserves to be in this HoF.

I'll probably pop in here every now and again with some songs I think should probably be part of something like this. Here's what I have now:

The Carter Family - Can the Circle Be Unbroken
Buck Owens - Act Naturally
Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
Bill Monroe - Blue Moon of Kentucky
Bob Wills - Take Me Back to Tulsa/Faded Love/San Antonio Rose
Lefty Frizzell - If You Got the Money
Willie Nelson - Whiskey River/Red Headed Stranger
Patsy Cline - Crazy/Walking After Midnight
Kris Kristofferson - Sunday Morning Coming Down
Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson - Luckenbach, Texas
David Allan Coe - The Ride/You Never Even Called Me By Name
Faron Young - Hello Walls
Johnny Cash & June Carter - Jackson
Alan Jackson - Midnight in Montgomery
George Strait - Unwound/All My Ex's Live in Texas
Marty Robbins - El Paso

There are some great songs on this list too, but again, with only 150 spots in this HoF, they can't all be included.

These are the ones that I agree with:

Marty Robbins - El Paso
George Strait - Unwound/All My Ex's Live in Texas (Although I might pick a different George Strait song.)

I'm thinking about. Calling this part one of country hall of fame and will do a part 2 which would include more strait Jackson and Travis. Part one will have around 140 songs while part two 110 with a total of 250 so ngs. I m giving 100 more slots in the hall.

Let the night air cool you off
There are some great songs on this list too, but again, with only 150 spots in this HoF, they can't all be included.

These are the ones that I agree with:

Marty Robbins - El Paso
George Strait - Unwound/All My Ex's Live in Texas (Although I might pick a different George Strait song.)
What is your criteria for what you would include? I tried to make my recommendations be representative of country songs that aren't just good, but also important and influential. I'm sure fandom played more of a role in some of my selections, but I tried to go a little deeper than that with some of those. With more research, I'm sure that I would probably shuffle some of those around.

35 Always On My Mind---- Willie Nelson.

This will be Willie Nelsons second song in the hall and in my opinion maybe his best song if i had all day too debate on it. Willie makes it hard to stick too so many songs and so doesnt Johnny Cash and it be easy too pick every hit song either made. I am gonna be fair as possible too many country singers and maybe a few will be slightly less famous or even maybe a one hit wonder.
Always On My Mind is no one hit wonder by any means Im just maybe answering questions of what qualfies as good songs.

36 Rocky Top-----The Osborne Brothers

Ofcourse with anything country music your gonna dabble back too the roots of country before other influences. What is Blue Grass and some consider it a different Genre and too that let me just say too people in wv , kentucky and so on this is country music. Bill Monroe and Flatt and Scruggs paves miles into country but garantee you they are considered country. The Osborne Brothers is one of the best groups i ever heard. In more modern sound other then the Scaggs band.

37 Statler Brothers----Do You Remember These.

I like the Statler Brother fine they have good harmony but I still tended too prefer the Oakridge Boys when i was growing up but my mom liked the Statlers.

38 Bill Monroe----Blue Moon Of Kentucky

Dont know allot about Bill Monroe other then he was a great mandolin player and was an opry legend. This song was by way of request. Its a nice song no doubt.

39 Patsy Cline---She's Got You.

This is my first of 3 Cline songs to which this one I kinda liked the best so its why I chose it first over Crazy.

What is your criteria for what you would include? I tried to make my recommendations be representative of country songs that aren't just good, but also important and influential. I'm sure fandom played more of a role in some of my selections, but I tried to go a little deeper than that with some of those. With more research, I'm sure that I would probably shuffle some of those around.

I guess everyone has a different criteria for choosing songs for the HoF, but there's no right or wrong way. My criteria is songs that are so good that they are considered signature songs for the singers, and are such classics that they've stood the test of time.

In many cases, they're not my favorite songs from these singers, or even my favorite singers, but they're the most recognized songs for the top artists.

35 Always On My Mind---- Willie Nelson.

This will be Willie Nelsons second song in the hall and in my opinion maybe his best song if i had all day too debate on it. Willie makes it hard to stick too so many songs and so doesnt Johnny Cash and it be easy too pick every hit song either made. I am gonna be fair as possible too many country singers and maybe a few will be slightly less famous or even maybe a one hit wonder.
Always On My Mind is no one hit wonder by any means Im just maybe answering questions of what qualfies as good songs.

This is a good example of a song that definitely belongs in the HoF, even though it's not one of my favorite songs. I love the song, but I'm not a big fan of Willie Nelson's voice, so I prefer Elvis Presley's version of this song, but there's no denying that Willie's version is one of his signature songs. There are many versions of this song, but it will always be remembered as "a Willie Nelson song".

36 Rocky Top-----The Osborne Brothers

Ofcourse with anything country music your gonna dabble back too the roots of country before other influences. What is Blue Grass and some consider it a different Genre and too that let me just say too people in wv , kentucky and so on this is country music. Bill Monroe and Flatt and Scruggs paves miles into country but garantee you they are considered country. The Osborne Brothers is one of the best groups i ever heard. In more modern sound other then the Scaggs band.

This is a tough one, not only because it's bluegrass, but also because while The Osborne Brothers were the first to record the song, IMO, their version is far from the best version. The Lynn Anderson version is better, and the Charlie Daniels Band's version is probably the best.