Nedstarks Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Tools    

18 On The Road Again----Willie Nelson.

Willie was once a clean cut looking Nashville Type he was a song writer and wrote Patsy Cline's greatest hit. He left Nashville and ended becoming who he was in texas as we know him today. On The Road Again was one of Willie best signature songs.

19 Hank Williams Jr----Hand Me Down.

This is probably not a well known song since many maybe not have ever listen too the Tape or CD of the 3 Hanks Alblum.
I happened to have owned the Tape until it no longer worked. This was one of Hank Jr Best songs i ever heard him sing.

20 Coal Miners Daughter-----Loretta Lynn.

Lynn was Born In Kentucky and married at a young age. Her husaband Dew liked her singing and decided to help her get on radio and the Opry.
Dew Kinda Snuck her on the Opry but that night Tubb was on and liked her sigining. Lynn did allot of song and was very popular. Cole Miners Daughter was her biggest single hit. Later on she would have hits with Conway Twitty when they did duet songs.

Some big voices on those last four there Ned. I'm not a massive fan of Hank jnr but I think his daughter Holly is a fabulous singer songwriter.

21 Jimmy Dean----Big John

Before Jimmy Dean became known for his famous pork sausage brand he was a country singer who had a couple hits. BIg John is still played today on old country music channels. Too me John Song sound like some homage too the Paul Bunyan character but was a minor.

22 Elvira----The Oak Ridge Boys.

For many years Oak Ridge was the group who always lost too the Statler Brothers every award season but in my opinion i always more or less gravitated towards the Boys simply because their sound and music was more my style. Like the Statler Brothers fine but i just liked The Boys and Elvira was their biggest hit.

My last song i will post in the hall until Saturday Night.

23 I Walk The Line----Johnny Cash.

I do believe this was Johnny Cash First Hit as a performer. Maybe it was Daddy Sang base. I am really not sure what was his first hit but I Walk The Line was Cash biggest hit for some time and maybe even his trademark song.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
16 King Of The Road----Roger Miller - This is probably Roger Miller's best song, and it definitely deserves a spot in this HoF.

17 Big City----Merle Haggard - This is one of many great songs by one of country music's legends. It's hard to pick which of his songs belong in this HoF, but this is definitely a good choice.

18 On The Road Again----Willie Nelson - While this song probably deserves to be in this HoF, it's not one of my personal favorite songs. (My favorite Willie Nelson song is "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys".)

19 Hank Williams Jr----Hand Me Down - This is a very good song, but I think HoF songs should be better known songs than this one. Maybe something like "Family Tradition" from Hank Jr. would be a better choice?

20 Coal Miners Daughter-----Loretta Lynn - This one is a classic song, and it definitely deserves a spot in this HoF.

21 Jimmy Dean----Big John - Great song from the Sausage King, but I'm not sure that it deserves a spot in a HoF that only has 150 songs.

22 Elvira----The Oak Ridge Boys - This is possibly The Oak Ridge Boys best song, but it's a borderline HoF song for me because it's too much of a pop crossover for a Country Music HoF. (But I love Richard Sterban's deep voice. )

23 I Walk The Line----Johnny Cash - This is probably my favorite Johnny Cash song, and it definitely deserves to be in this HoF. (BTW, I think Johnny Cash's first hit was "Cry! Cry! Cry!", back when he was on Sun Records, but "I Walk the Line" was his first #1 hit.)

24 I Never Picked Cotton----Roy Clark.

Roy was more well known for his role as the duo personality on Hee Haw with Buck Owens. Roy had a few hits and some may like those more but i personally always liked this song and i wanna try to get atleast one song for each legend and Roy Clark s talent was way too big not too be added.

Im Gonna Post 26 Sunday and not post the rest till Thursday.

25 Bob Wills Is Still The King----Waylon Jennings.

This Is One Of Two Solo Waylon Songs Thats in the hall of fame the other two are with Willie which is 2 Songs Of Willie Nelsons 4 Songs as well.
Bob Wills song is probably the one i remember the best. Waylons sound and style was all his own and I think he left this world far too soon. Especially since he defeated so many demons thats plagued allot of singers

26 Walking The Floor Over You----Ernest Tubb.

I honestly dont know much about Ernest Tubb. I certainly know his song is a classic opry song and Tubb was kinda the father of the opry. It seems fitting too have Tubb, Hank Williams and And early great legends in a country music hall of fame thread.

27 The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia----Reba McEntire.

I know its a it early for one of her songs but I think reba is one of the best country female singers ever.
This song is one of her 3 songs in the hall and its her best one.

28 Charlie Rich--- Behind Closed Doors

All I know is my parents would never let me hear the end if made something like this with Charlie Rich or a Jim Reeves songs in it somewhere.
This was his biggest hit for Rich. Charlie seemed more like a Ronnie Milsap type of singer then country traditonal wise but love a good piano song and like both Milsap and Rich.

29 Coka Cola Cowboy-----Mel Tillis

Mel is one of those amazing singers that has a great singing sound but its also more amazing that Mel has a very bad stutter. Which allot of people do but when he sings its gone.

30 Coat On Many Colors----Dolly Parton.

Im sure many would say why this song as Dollys first song. Quite personally I think its Dolly best song for I like those type of country songs. Its my favorite song that she does other then Island In The Stream with Kenny Rodgers and Jolene.

31 He Stopped Loving Her Today---George Jones.

Jones is one of the best singer in country music that ever was. Some loved Hank Williams senior or a Ray Price, and so on but I always liked singers like George Jones and Merle Haggard.
This was probably one of his best early hits. George was not perfect for everyone knows he had drinking issues his whole life. I think his music was maybe theropy for George during rocky times.

32 John Conlee-----Rose Colored Glasses

This song is one of the most played classic country songs still played today on classic country radio stations. Its most requested song on our local classic second was A Boy Named Sue and 3rd was Baby Got Her Blue Jeans On.
This is Conlee signature song and he still sings for the Opry Rose Colored Glasses

Let the night air cool you off
I'll probably pop in here every now and again with some songs I think should probably be part of something like this. Here's what I have now:

The Carter Family - Can the Circle Be Unbroken
Buck Owens - Act Naturally
Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
Bill Monroe - Blue Moon of Kentucky
Bob Wills - Take Me Back to Tulsa/Faded Love/San Antonio Rose
Lefty Frizzell - If You Got the Money
Willie Nelson - Whiskey River/Red Headed Stranger
Patsy Cline - Crazy/Walking After Midnight
Kris Kristofferson - Sunday Morning Coming Down
Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson - Luckenbach, Texas
David Allan Coe - The Ride/You Never Even Called Me By Name
Faron Young - Hello Walls