Country Music Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
no sorry. here is one but im not sure if its live or if its recorded?

Thanks.

That sounds like the same song to me, but Capt. Spaulding will have to decide if that link's okay because it's his nom.

Can someone check this link for Swan too? I don't think this will work outside the U.S. either.

Richard Buckner - Blue and Wonder

Can someone who is NOT in the U.S. check this link for Swan? This is the only other link that I can find for this song that isn't a live version.:

Well done on all the effort you put into sorting links what won't work outside the US gbg - muchly apricotted

Can someone who is NOT in the U.S. check this link for Swan? This is the only other link that I can find for this song that isn't a live version.:

That works for me, as long as everyone else can hear it.

Thanks for helping me out there, GB! Much appreciated.

Thanks for fixing my links Thumper I really appricate it
Well done on all the effort you put into sorting links what won't work outside the US gbg - muchly apricotted
That works for me, as long as everyone else can hear it.

Thanks for helping me out there, GB! Much appreciated.

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Let the night air cool you off
Okay, so including christine that's eleven people already interested in nominating songs. 11 x 11 is 121, so everybody who is already "signed up" can have 11 nominations right now. That leaves us with seven open spots, and I'll leave those spots open in case another person decides to nominate. They'll have the remaining seven spots, but if nobody shows up then I'll put our names in a randomizer and seven of us will get an extra nomination. So add your new noms when you're ready.

Additional noms:

Faith Hill - Breathe
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman
Willie Nelson - On The Road Again
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

my 11. I'm not loads familiar with modern country music, but in the last country music tournament a few years back GBG said a few things that made me think. I know I love C&W music that my parents loved - Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, so I've tried branching out a bit and have mostly nominated songs I've researched for an experiment. I like all these so the research was fruitful so here you go!

Holly Williams - He's Making a Fool Out of You

Sugarland - Baby Girl

Angaleena Presley - Pain Pills

Merle Haggard - Mama Tried

Sarah Jarosz - Fuel The Fire

Kid Rock and Angaleena Presley - Care *

Buddy Miller - Does My Ring Burn Your Finger

Jason Isbell - Something More Than Free

Ashley Monroe and Blake Shelton - You ain't Dolly (and You ain't Porter)

John Prine - Spanish Pipedream

Gillian Welch - The Devil Had a Hold of Me

*this seems like a bit of a rock/Country/rap mash up but if you don't think it fits here, just don't vote for it, it's all fine

the following people have nominations left if they want them:

Swan: 2 nominations
cricket: 3 nominations
Destiny: 2 nominations
gbg: 3 nominations
Ned Stark: 3 nominations
Topsy: 3 nominations

I doubt this will be an issue, but if any of y'all don't want any of those nomination spots, they'll go into the pot of leftover nominations we'll divvy up once we hear from y'all.

Dwight Yoakam-Suspicious minds
Tim McGraw-Just to see you smile
Leann Rimes-How do i live

also im sorta confused about country cos when you take away the accent its easily confused with accoustic pop (take shania and taylor,what is pop and what is country?) lol cos i wanted to nominated faith hill-there youll be but it doesnt sound very country despite her being a country artist.

I will only do one more nom, if that's okay. Give the other one to someone else. If I get to choose, I say give it to GB. This tourney was meant for her.

16 Horsepower - Haw

I will only do one more nom, if that's okay. Give the other one to someone else. If I get to choose, I say give it to GB. This tourney was meant for her.

16 Horsepower - Haw
If GB doesn't want them, I'll take the 2, if JJ doesn't mind.

also im sorta confused about country cos when you take away the accent its easily confused with accoustic pop (take shania and taylor,what is pop and what is country?) lol cos i wanted to nominated faith hill-there youll be but it doesnt sound very country despite her being a country artist.
This is just proof that country music is in a bad spot right about now.