Metalheads Song Tournament

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
So for all intents and purposes "metal" is a subject term and in fact not a genre with a concrete definition? Ok, i'm still game.

When did that become popular anyway?
I don't know, but it wasn't around when I was in high school, so it doesn't exist for me.

When I am angry, I do not feel like a pretzel or a potato chip.

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds
So for all intents and purposes "metal" is a subject term and in fact not a genre with a concrete definition? Ok, i'm still game.
For me it's not like I can't tell the difference between country and classical or bubblegum pop and rap rock, but it just gets annoying when I get told that People in Planes can't be "hard rock" because they're "indie rock".

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I don't know, but it wasn't around when I was in high school, so it doesn't exist for me.
Me neither.

For me it's not like I can't tell the difference between country and classical or bubblegum pop and rap rock, but it just gets annoying when I get told that People in Planes can't be "hard rock" because they're "indie rock".

Me neither.

Gave you +1 to make you feel better

I'll sit this one out but can be a tiebreaker if needed
Yo Crick YOU HAVE TO JOIN !

Yessir they are for the most part, and Cristina Scabbia is a very smexy lady

I tried to pick stuff to represent different genre's, I didn't want to make an all Black Metal list lol.

Hey Sexy Celebrity, can I make one last change?
Change away. When I'm ready to stop accepting nominations, which won't be for awhile, then you'll have to stop changing.

You know -- I haven't been to many concerts in my life -- but I've actually been to a heavy metal concert that featured a bunch of different metal bands.

OMG. I'm looking it up now because I forgot who I saw -- you wanna know who I saw in concert? Yes, Sexy Celebrity has seen these bands:

Judas Priest
Motorhead
Heaven & Hell
Testament

It was the "Metal Masters Tour" of 2008.

Now, at the time, Judas Priest and Motorhead didn't mean anything to me. But wow -- I've actually seen them in concert. Which means I probably saw that Motorhead guy who recently died.

A friend of mine had an extra ticket and offered to take me. I knew nothing about these bands, but decided to go for the experience. The bands really meant nothing much to me at the time, but now I see you guys nominating Judas Priest and Motorhead all the time.