Metalheads Song Tournament

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
It's a dark song -- the "Borrowed Time, Borrowed Eyes." I do like it quite a bit, actually -- it's just not the kind of song I expected to win this. Didn't you say they were "stoner metal" or something like that? Does that mean what I think it means -- metal for potheads?

I think I heard, in the lyrics, the line "There is No God."
Yes and no a lot of bands in sludge/drone/doom use drugs to stimulate their artistic instincts, with bands like Acid King(Who's vocalist is surprise surprise female), Weedeater, Bongzilla, High on Fire, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Goatsnake, Floor and Sons of Otis. Which in turn basically makes music that people who are also coincidentally high might greatly enjoy.

Goatsnake

Bongzilla

Acid King

Sons of Otis.

Now there is also stoner rock, which is a little heavier on the groove and less so on the monster sound it's doom influenced cohorts are notorious for.

Fatso Jetson

Kyuss

Clutch

Acid King, Weedeater, Bongzilla, and High on Fire use drugs.
Really?

Dancin' away from metal somewhat, I just about kicked myself when I realized that Break by Three Days Grace was about drugs.

Originally Posted by Three Days Grace
Tonight, my head is spinning
I need something to pick me up
I’ve tried but nothing is working
I won’t stop
I won’t say I’ve had enough
Tonight, I start the fire
Tonight, I break away

Break away from everybody
Break away from everything
If you can’t stand the way
This place is
Take yourself to higher places
Totally not up on my drug lingo, I prefer a clear head.

Dancin' away from metal somewhat, I just about kicked myself when I realized that Break by Three Days Grace was about drugs.

Totally not up on my drug lingo, I prefer a clear head.
Adam Gontier (the ex-singer of Three Days Grace) have some big drug problem in the past and this song is a resume of his past and I also LOVE that song.

Adam Gontier (the ex-singer of Three Days Grace) have some big drug problem in the past and this song is a resume of his past and I also LOVE that song.
I like it too, but I'm not a fan of those sorts of lyrics.

A system of cells interlinked
Am I too late for this tourney?