Do spoilers influence the enjoyment and suspense on movies

Tools    

It feels a bit weird to share my survey here after being a member for one day, but I will proof myself worthy of this super friendly and awesome forum!! And stick around to share my movie suggestions :P

As mentioned in my introduction thread, I am studying the effects of spoilers on movies for my thesis.

I need 280-300 respondents, and where is it better to start than on a movies forum? If you would like, I can share my findings I have already read literature on this topic, so it would be fun to discuss your opinions and thoughts in this topic as well

For my survey, you will have to watch 3 film scenes after reading a short story that may or may not contain spoilers. I had to cut the scenes, and I am a really bad movie editor so please forgive me :P Because of these movie scenes, my survey will take around 15 minutes, but you can forward the scenes if they take too long in your opinion. The "Next" button will appear after 60 seconds.

The URL is https://vuamsterdam.eu.qualtrics.com...A0KhVfXt5FfyM5

Aside from the respondents I will hopefully get, please discuss the effect of spoilers on the enjoyment of movies with me here... It might give me some insights that I might have missed in my thesis!! And sorry for using "film" in my survey.. I thought that'd be correct as well.. Or what is the difference?

I completed the survey and I thought you might be interested in a few observations. I'll put them in spoiler tags for anyone who hasn't filled the survey in yet.

WARNING: spoilers below
I suppose the first thing to say is that I found the survey itself quite gruelling and I thought it was overly long, with many of the questions feeling repetitive.

The most puzzling aspect of it though relates to how the film clips were selected. I had seen two out of the three film choices and yet Saw was selected rather than something I hadn't seen. Consequently I was being asked questions about spoilers despite the fact that, as I had seen the film and was familiar with it, they weren't spoilers.

Hopefully the responses I gave about how the scenes themselves affected me as a viewer will still be useful.