EVIL car movies???

Tools    

Ok, When I was a little kid I was sleeping on the couch and my mom was watching a movie on TV. I woke up and started watching it. This was like in 1997. If what I remember correctly the movie looks like it is from the 80's. I am really interested in seeing it and knowing what movie it was. I remember there was a little boy who had a bigger brother who was in a gang. The little brother wanted to join but big bro wouldn't allow him too. Then later on I think he gets into a car crash with a car and the key from the ignition gets pushed into the little boy. HE IS SO LITTLE MAYBE 15. Because this happens the boy becomes evil, and his style changes, his hair, his personality and everything, and the car is also evil and can move on its own. I don't know what this movie is. I WOULD LIKE VERY MUCH TO KNOW WHAT THE NAME OF THE MOVIE IS, I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT SINCE 1997. HELP ME???????/ PLEASE... THANK YOU

The Wraith (1986)

It's a no-budget turd called The Wraith starring Charlie Sheen, just before he did Platoon. It also features Randy Quaid, Sherilyn Fenn, Nick Cassavetes and Clint Howard.

*you're also the second person who has come to the board seeking this answer
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If it is The Wraith, he didn't describe it right. There are 2 brother's, but they are not that young, and the one, the older one, gets killed/murdered, over jealousy, a girl. They stab him to death. There is no key.
The only evil car movies I know of are Christine, The Wraith, and the Sometimes They Come Back movies, which are more-so the ghosts, than the car, that is evil.
I am clueless.

The only evil car movies I know of are Christine, The Wraith, and the Sometimes They Come Back movies.

Didn't James Brolin star in an "evil car" movie?

Didn't James Brolin star in an "evil car" movie?
Yep. I was just asking my son about this, and he named that one. The Car (1977). It isn't the one, though. This is bugging me now. heheh
It's that key that doesn't ring any bells for me. I probably don't know this one.

It looks like it could be close to The Wraith but, the outfit that the character is wearing seems to knock it off from what I remember. The kid that was hurt in the accident started as a normail dressed kid then when he became almost one with the car possessed with evil from the key his face became dark and the movie makeup made him look mean and the greaser style haircut with the sleek look. Also, dark clothes as if they he joined the gang. I dont' know and it really bothers me, I don't even know if this was a major movie or some off the wall thing that never went into the movie theaters(drive-ins). I know that I saw it on T.V. and i only watched about 15 minutes of it.

I got to see THE WRAITH again late night/early am this Thanksgiving morning when RETRO channel offered a free preview weekend. Cool. It had been many years since I had watched the movie -- I remember the mysterious car and the canyon racing (I'm a gearhead/car guy).
It seemed to me that I had not watched the movie all the way through, as much of it -- especially the ending -- was not familiar to me. Movie does contain violence that confirms the psycho villain, but I thought the ending was such a good one that I would have remembered it if I'd seen it! Charlie Sheen plays the good guy/hero. Nice to see him is such a role -- back in the day! A "feel good" movie at least for the ending. For Frank Capra, who called it a "no-budget turd", let's him you produce something equal to or better than (and for me it would have to be something from the 80s to be up to the challenge -- maybe there is something but most film critics don't produce media just opinion). Much digging that PURPLE-looking mystery car in this movie -- it's worth seeing just to see the car/driver do his thing!