MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2012 Trading Block

Tools    

.............now theres talk that Ivan Nova may be made into a reliever, and Pineda may make a trip to the minors!? AUGH!

Im sorry Dex, but no matter how much I like Price right now I cant afford to lose any of my pitching. *&%$!!!

and like that the deal is done

Me and Dexter have come to an accord, and I receive Shane Victorino & David Price and he gets Jared Weaver & Drew Stubbs. When it came down to it I really wanted my old earners back.

Hoping at least 1 of my 2 Yankee pitchers is a starter.

Thank you Chris. Btw Ill give you Justin Upton for Jacoby Ellsbury. Yeah I know I shoulda grabbed him before BJs older bro, but was leaning towards someone thats been around longer than last years rising star. Also if you want to swap my outfield from last year will have returned

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Dexter - Ill give you Jared Weaver & Drew Stubbs for Price & Victorino. Offer sent.
Accepted. I was kinda looking forward to having the Flyen Hawaiin on my team this year, and while Stubbs' propensity for Striken out is a wee troubling, I'm hoping he can settle in at .270 or so with a much higher ceiling for SB's.

Pleassure doing business with you Rob, it problably wont be the last deal, but its become something of a mofo tradition of sorts to consummate the first trade of the fantasy season eh.

.............now theres talk that Ivan Nova may be made into a reliever, and Pineda may make a trip to the minors!? AUGH!

Im sorry Dex, but no matter how much I like Price right now I cant afford to lose any of my pitching. *&%$!!!
Caught this after the fact, but just out of curiosity, explain this line of reasoning.

Weaver for Price, how are you losing pitching again?

Sure Jered has a cool last name, maybe thats it.

Nah its cool. I thought my Yankee pitchers were worthless for a second, but probably overreacting. Its a good swap, Im happy.

Thank you Chris. Btw Ill give you Justin Upton for Jacoby Ellsbury.
Accepted. He's all yours. If he has the same kind of season I'll regret it, but I'll take Upton as the safer option.

Yeah I know I shoulda grabbed him before BJs older bro, but was leaning towards someone thats been around longer than last years rising star.
Younger brother, actually. Justin Upton is crazy young, actually. He's played 4 and a half seasons in the bigs and he's still just 24.

Also if you want to swap my outfield from last year will have returned
That's kind of incredible.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So in 4 days you go from drafting Upton 6th to trading him for a 2nd rounder (yes, a good 2nd rounder but still.) You are definitely obsessed with trading.

Ellsbury could have come off the board in teh 1st round, and i wouldnt have batted an eye.

I mean really, not a whole shwack of difference between 1st and 2nd round quality wise.

Well that wasnt my plan then. I figured Ellsbury was dynamic, but theres that possible fluke factor and went with tried in true Justin Upton. After getting Victorino in a trade I saw the opportunity for getting my same outfield from last year. I did. It was cosmetic really, but a gamble.

Victorino when playing is top tier, but he gets dinged and suspended for fighting. Ellsbury you just hope has arrived, but what if? Jennings was awesome, and now he will have a full season, but guess what? The Rays cant hit! Im hoping Victorinos healthy & sane, Jennings is the real deal, and Ellsbury too. If Im wrong I wont repeat as champion, but if Im right, I might.

I see your point, but if you stay rigid for the next 162 games youll be left in the dust. I do make too many moves though. Not as many as the games, but close.

Hey Rob, if you see your buddy, tell him I sent him another offer.

He knows. He told me he has an app on his phone which notifies him of offers and completed trades. Ray's been doing fantasy sports a very long time.

Hey Chris/Yoda

Ill give you the DL'd NYY SP Michael Pineda & CWS 1B Paul Konerko for Jon Lester. Offer sent.

Holy Shamolly. Blockbusta trade of the year has been brokered, and neither myself nor Rob was involved.

Pedroia, Tulo + Luebke for Pujols and Cliff lee

Whoaa betsy.

The Chevelles look to have the upper hand in this tranaction i'd say.

ps, why does Adam not have a mofo account by now?

Dunno, guess he's never been interested.

He called me to ask me about the deal, though he actually told me he had Hamels and was dealing him. With Lee it's a bit closer, but either way I think he's making a solid deal. He'll miss the pitching and he's giving up plenty, but it's early, so I told him to just go for total value and worry about positional needs (since they're not extreme) later. Plenty of time to shore things up if he's getting good overall value here.

Definitely one of the bigger deals we've ever had. Probably the biggest.

Wow! Good for Ray I say. Anyone trying to nab arguably the #1 pitcher and #1 batter all in one trade, well this is an accomplishment.

I had no idea about this trade since Ive been home sick 2 days, and Ray's very closemouthed to those hes competing against.