Shrink

Tools    

Kevin Spacey stars in Shrink, the story of a man who is unable to cope with a recent personal tragedy, this man is LA's top celebrity shrink. He turns into a pothead with no concern for his appearance and a creeping sense of his inability to help his patients.

Trailer

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I was looking for a thread for this earlier but couldn't find one. I've got to admit the trailer when I first saw it didn't really capture me or keep me intersted. I'm a big Spacey fan though so will watch it but for some I question whether this will come close to being as good as his other movies.

Spacey's a very good actor, but the fact that he's in it and that the synopsis gives me that 'hollywood/LA inside joke' feel to it, puts me on my guard.

Just watched the trailer and I feel a little better about it, but it still looks like it has the potential to veer off into what I described above.

I feel like it's been awhile since I've seen a really good Kevin Spacey movie...I don't give up hope though. The trailer looks okay but I can definitely see the "inside joke" feel you mentioned in it. Guess we'll see.

Hadn't heard of it until now. Unfortunately, I think the trailer pretty much spells out the type of film it will be, the type that wants to be at least mildly challenging but will ultimately fall perfectly in step with proven studio formulas. Spacey hasn't been in the limelight much since his semi-disastrous Bobby Darin biopic/ego trip (paycheck work in 21 notwithstanding), so when something like this comes around, I wonder what makes him choose such a project.

Possible renter for me.

... I wonder what makes him choose such a project.
Maybe it's one of those film which has a great script but, by the time it's been through the studio/movie machine and all the compromises have been made, it's a completely different film. Much like T4 or a thousand other films.