Slay's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
You know some people here at Movie Forums can't stand that I get the last word.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Why clutter up Slay's review thread with this nonsensical argument?

Originally Posted by Garrett
Why clutter up Slay's review thread with this nonsensical argument?
'Cause nitwits is as nitwits does.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by nebbit
LordyLord, how long do we have to wait for a review, I am getting...... well.................

I'll second that... well... the first part anyway...

Slay?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I still have promised reviews for Mark that I have yet to finish...no time, no time. I need to get those done because I promised Yoda I'd write a review for Spider-Man 2 Monday.

I need to quit promising.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I still have promised reviews for Mark that I have yet to finish...no time, no time. I need to get those done because I promised Yoda I'd write a review for Spider-Man 2 Monday.

Thats ok, I just have been missing them.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Thats ok, I just have been missing them.
You spoiled us, Brian, when you were pumping them out on what seemed like a daily basis. It was like getting the morning paper. Wake up, get the coffee, "Oh, I wonder what movie LordSlaytan reviewed today." It was a part of our morning routine. Then when you take away our "morning paper and coffee," we get irritable!
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Originally Posted by Mark
You spoiled us, Brian, when you were pumping them out on what seemed like a daily basis. It was like getting the morning paper. Wake up, get the coffee, "Oh, I wonder what movie LordSlaytan reviewed today." It was a part of our morning routine. Then when you take away our "morning paper and coffee," we get irritable!

Wheres the Spider-Man 2 Review Slay?
I Would Like to Read it

Put me in your pocket...
Bri...are you planning on writing a review for Anchorman? I surely would like to read that one too.

Your dry spell is leaving us all dry.
We need our appetites wet again.

Oh LordyLord, I miss your written word
actually i do too..you have done a great job with those reviews...they are written well and are very descriptive...looking forward to more of them...hope it's soon

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Do what I do and get grounded. Please do another review soon- I haven't been able to read any since The Passion of the Christ, and while I love reading your reviews- I prefer them when I've seen the movie and can understand what your talking about and since I was grounded I haven't been able to see a movie until last Saturday when I went and saw Spider-man 2. Besides the list of movies I have to see because you reviewed them is too long already. You should also write another one because while I was grounded I got on honor roll and I have no clue why thast a good reason but anything goes eh? And also because Caity Ani and neb said, so along with everybody else, but they're the voice of reason and persausion.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
"...I don’t think I walked away any dupister than I already am..." Awesome!
I'm really enjoying reading these, Slay. You have a solid understanding of what makes films good, great, or just fun to watch... or NOT fun to watch. Nice work!

Yes, Slay!! Do more reviews!

I'm not going to fight about it, though you damn well better or I'll have to come over there.

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
Do what I do and get grounded. Please do another review soon- I haven't been able to read any since The Passion of the Christ, and while I love reading your reviews- I prefer them when I've seen the movie and can understand what your talking about and since I was grounded I haven't been able to see a movie until last Saturday when I went and saw Spider-man 2. Besides the list of movies I have to see because you reviewed them is too long already. You should also write another one because while I was grounded I got on honor roll and I have no clue why thast a good reason but anything goes eh? And also because Caity Ani and neb said, so along with everybody else, but they're the voice of reason and persausion.
It needed to be said again. Another review would be nice, been quite dull 'round these parts of late. Any moment now and somebody might just review 'Land Before Time IIV'- please rescue us from that dismal (while laughable) fate.

For all of you who have been kind enough to read and comment on my reviews...I'm back.

Expect new reviews and new quizzes coming from me soon. I'll be going to screeners, so some reviews will be new films, but I also am looking forward to bringing you reviews of classics like Wild Strawberries, foriegn (to Americans) like, well, I guess Wild Strawberries, and indy films too.

I'm excited to get back to work for the site, you guys, and myself.