Politically Correct IDIOTS (Steve Martin/Carrie Fisher tweet)

Tools    

Ok I got it. It seems to me though, that white men are more likely to get attacked for being politically incorrect, while women and minorities will often get a free pass.
Honestly, i had a comment going there but i think i was talking bullsh!t, i disagree with you but whatever.

I agree that the joke this thread was about wasn't offensive at all and people completely overreacted to it but the thread title and subsequent posts are ridiculous; i mean "Ive a feeling she wasnt "politically correct" " as if being 'politically correct' whatever that means is some horrible thing? And all from old white guys who miss the good old days?

This should've been a post in the Chill Club or a Shout with a few responses, the fact that this is a thread with such an insulting title is hilarious.

Anyway: Camo/Cosmic 2016
"Old white guys that miss the good old days"? You, Ash, and Iro obviously felt slighted by my thread title.

"Old white guys that miss the good old days"? You, Ash, and Iro obviously felt slighted by my thread title.
The majority of your post was about All In The Family not being able to air today which is a show about an old white guy missing the good old days. Was i wrong?

The majority of your post was about All In The Family not being able to air today which is a show about an old white guy missing the good old days. Was i wrong?
Oh! I thought you were talking about me

Master of My Domain
Well, they do indeed have more sex than other ethnicities.

Nah, i'm with you it wasn't offensive at all, i said that already. I was talking about the premise/thread title and following horrible posts equating this incident to the whole idea of political correctness.

I really don't care as much as i'd imagine you think i do; i just think this is a horrible thread.
Hey, if anyone thought Steve Martins post was insulting or degrading in any way about Carrie Fisher, then the thread title applies. If youre offended but agree with the point, then get thick skin. THATs the problem more than if people agree or not, get some thick skin because if you didnt agree with Martins tweet then youd probably be one of the complainers.

Political correctness has bent to the idiotic, SJW warriors are worthless, period. They just make talk, and wont shut up. The internet is loaded with them.

Allow me to introduce you to an obscure little show called Family Guy.
Family Guy is a cartoon. All in the Family is more "grounded into reality", I dont know how else to say it to you. Just because theyre both fiction doesnt mean both are impossible, AITF was extremely realistic, and this comparison is weak.

Yeah, well, look where people who want to go back to the "good" old days have gotten us. Deliberately going backwards doesn't seem like evolution to me.
We are de-evolving in the sense where were sensitive for the wrong reasons, and get misled more than what a supposed "age of information" should allow. Just because someone wails theres an injustice done doesnt mean there actually was one. Its like the old west and the ruthless stupid mob now have smartphones.

Welcome to the human race...
I think it's just an age thing, at least based on my experiences.
In my experience, it's an all-ages thing. Young people can be just as bad about it, possibly even worse since they don't even have the flimsy excuse of "coming from a different time" or whatever.

Maybe it's because I am a white male, but I am uncomfortable when someone judges someone and assumes they are a certain way because of their race (or gender)
I can understand it, though. It's like a defence mechanism of sorts and it sucks because it means they've dealt with enough bad people of a type to have trust issues concerning anyone of that type. It doesn't make me feel comfortable either, but then again it shouldn't.

Ok I got it. It seems to me though, that white men are more likely to get attacked for being politically incorrect, while women and minorities will often get a free pass.
That might be because they're the most likely demographic to actually be politically incorrect.

I'd just rather you didn't go down this road.

Welcome to the human race...
Hey, if anyone thought Steve Martins post was insulting or degrading in any way about Carrie Fisher, then the thread title applies. If youre offended but agree with the point, then get thick skin. THATs the problem more than if people agree or not, get some thick skin because if you didnt agree with Marttins post then youd probably be one of the complainers.

Political correctness has bent to the idiotic, SJW warriors are worthless, period. They just make talk, and wont shut up. The internet is loaded with them.
Given the context of everything you've posted in this thread (including the fact that it got made in the first place), how am I supposed to take your suggestion to "get thick skin" seriously?

Also, what do you think the W in SJW stands for?

Family Guy is a cartoon. All in the Family is more "grounded into reality", I dont know how else to say it to you. Just because theyre both fiction doesnt mean both are impossible, AITF was extremely realistic, and this comparison is weak.
So what if Family Guy is a cartoon? It's still a popular television program about a callously idiotic family man whose worldview and behaviour come across as regressive and bigoted even though the show frames him as a lovable oaf and never truly holds him accountable for his transgressions. It's not like we're talking about a cartoon that's set in a completely unrealistic fantasy land like SpongeBob - Family Guy is still fundamentally a sitcom about a dysfunctional American human family. The fact that it's animated is largely circumstantial.

We are de-evolving in the sense where were sensitive for the wrong reasons, and get misled more than what a supposed "age of information" should allow. Just because someone wails theres an injustice done doesnt mean there actually was one. Its like the old west and the ruthless stupid mob now have smartphones.
Were it not for the specific context of this thread, I might agree with you. Outrage culture cuts both ways, after all - just look at the so-called War on Christmas.

I'd just rather you didn't go down this road.
No road, it just seemed yall were put off by the point.

Cant people talk plainly to the masses? Right now, no. The masses would like to believe itself wise beyond its years because theyve the super information highway at their fingertips, but bad judgement isnt something some website can undo.

Given the context of everything you've posted in this thread (including the fact that it got made in the first place), how am I supposed to take your suggestion to "get thick skin" seriously?
Because if we dont get thick skin we start going off on people that dont deserve it. Yes Im complaining about the complainers, but we need to get smarter rather than louder.

Also, what do you think the W in SJW stands for?
The W stands for Wrong. No I'm just kidding, I thought the term was Social Justice Warrior.