The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Movies

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm fine with both of them being vetoed despite The Incredibles most likely being a lock for my list. Don't understand why stuff like Superman or Fantastic 4 is counted as Sci-Fi on IMDB yet The Incredibles isn't though.
I probably won't vote for any Comic stuff or Animation stuff.

Also, I'd class Edward Scissorhands as Sci-Fi tbh.

It's extremely borderline, but in terms of what the movie contains, I'd definitely class it in the category.

So if it's not part of the Marvel or DC Universe, it's not "real"?

They're all fictional characters. Why should it matter where they originated?
There's other comics besides Marvel and DC

There's other comics besides Marvel and DC
That doesn't answer my question.

Being based off of a comic book isn't a requirement for any other kind of Sci-Fi film. Why should it be a requirement for superheros?

Cool. Not sure if i will either but surely you realize some Comic and Animation stuff are Sci-Fi?
Yes sir.

It don't matter to me. We will all surely have unique lists.

I don't think comic book films should be allowed. This is a "Sci-fi" list. I'd class comics as fantasy.

Recent sci-fi films that could make the list, just for reference.

Ex_Machina
Gravity
Interstellar
Moon
Edge of Tomorrow
Primer
Solaris (Remake)
Looper
Inception
Showpiecer
Children of Men
Her
Upstream Color

In my opinion Movies Like Avengers, Spiderman and Guardians Of The Galaxy and X-Men Qualify as Sci Fi as well as Thor, Ninja Turtles, Superman and Hulk. Really Only Batman and Captain America and Hellboy seem Out OF PLace Sci Fi wise.

In my opinion Movies Like Avengers, Spiderman and Guardians Of The Galaxy and X-Men Qualify as Sci Fi as well as Thor, Ninja Turtles, Superman and Hulk. Really Only Batman and Captain America and Hellboy seem Out OF PLace Sci Fi wise.
They are not sci-fi! There's already a separate list for comic book films!

Coolio.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."