Johnny Depp vs Leonardo Dicaprio vs Denzel Washington

Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Just a little discussion that was started in work today. Who's your favourite, who has the best movies, and who is the better actor?.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Welcome to the human race...
Hard to say. In light of recent events, I'm hard-pressed to think of Depp as a favourite even though films like Dead Man and Ed Wood stands out higher in my estimation than anything featuring DiCaprio or Washington.

01.Leo
02.Depp
03.Denzel

Really easy for me they are kind of spaced out in my favourites. I think Leos best performances are The Aviator. Django Unchained, What's Eating Gilbert Grape? and Catch Me If You Can from what i've seen. Depp next wih Dead Man and Curse of the Black Pearl. Denzel i'm not really a fan of, i think he is a good actor i've just not liked many films i've seen him in, his best would be Malcolm X and Training Day.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Denzel Washington. Man is in so many of my favorite films. Man on Fire, Deja Vu, Flight, Remember the Titans, Inside Man, The Hurricane etc etc.

I think Leo di Caprio would beat the crap out of Denzel Washington. He's much stronger, and although Denzel has had a lot of experience and training, 20 years make a lot of difference on the ring.

I don't know about Johnny Depp, on the other hand. I think he's a bit too proud of himself, and he should definitely pay attention to that. I hear he has a killer jab, though.

Just a little discussion that was started in work today. Who's your favourite, who has the best movies, and who is the better actor?.
The answer to all of these questions for me is Leonardo DiCaprio.

The other two are solid actors and have been in some very good films, but lately Depp has been in a lot of less than great stuff. Denzel Washington - with a few notable exceptions like Glory and Philadelphia - tends to be in movies that don't interest me much so it's fairly uncommon for me to see his films.

Well right off the top I got to say Johnny Depp is 3rd place of this trio. Who would be #1 between Denzel or Dicaprio? Thats a tough one.

Denzel has more charisma, but Dicaprio is an acting freak, able to do Shakespeare effortlessly. This feels like comparing a leading man versus an actor....Ill say Dicaprio. Denzel is a damn close second though, damn close.

I'm a fan of early Depp, but once he started making all those Pirates of the Caribbean films and hangin' with Tim Burton he's career fizzled IMO.

DiCaprio, has been in some decent movies lately so he seems to be on the hot track.

Denzel Washington, I'm not even sure what movies he's been in, must be stuff I haven't seen.

Miss Vicky you should watch Deja Vu for the Sci fi list.
Miss Vicky is only watching jack and s*** for the Sci Fi list.

I have my ballot already.

Depp easily comes last, both in terms of acting and the quality of most of his films.

For acting, I'd put Leo and Denzel pretty close, but probably give the nod to the former. And I've enjoyed Leo's films more. So he's my choice by both metrics.

Depp easily comes last, both in terms of acting and the quality of most of his films.

For acting, I'd put Leo and Denzel pretty close, but probably give the nod to the former. And I've enjoyed Leo's films more. So he's my choice by both metrics.
I'm not sure i agree that Denzel has been in better films than Depp. Depp has been in a lot of stinkers but i personally think for as good of an actor as he is Denzel constantly ends up in really generic forgotten films.

I'm fine accepting he is a better actor though. And there should've been a poll.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Denzel hasn't been in many "stinkers" when you consider how many films hes actually been in. There are a few but even his bottom tier films aren't completely terrible.

Denzel hasn't been in many "stinkers" when you consider how many films hes actually been in. There are a few but even his bottom tier films aren't completely terrible.
Have you seen Virtuosity?

Must be doin sumthin right
Dicaprio's okay but I don't care for much of his non-Scorsese work. I think he's too boyish, even now at 40+, for some of the roles he's played. Career highlight so far was the surprising sense of humor he suddenly tapped into in Django Unchained and Wolf of Wall Street

Out of these three Johnny Depp's maybe been in the most movies I like but he's lost a lot of goodwill the last 10+ years. I will have a hard time believing him as a real human being in a movie again

Denzel's one of my favorite modern American actors. I find him very compelling to watch onscreen and he is enjoyable even when he reverts to total ham mode. He has insane charisma that elevates mediocre movies which the other two, definitely not DiCaprio, don't really have imo

1. Denzel
2. Depp
3. Dicaprio