Worst Child Performances List

Tools    

Pauly Shore, Encino Man

Shore's performance as a perpetually stoned high school student was something akin to fingernails on a blackboard.
Dude was 24 years old when this film was released. You might consider him childish, but this certainly doesn't qualify as a "child" performance.

Also I love this movie.

Lydia Reed, High Society

I loved Virginia Weidler as Katharine Hepburn's kid sister in The Philadelphia Story, but Lydia Reed as Grace Kelly's kid sister in the remake was a little too saccharine for my taste.

Just reread your initial post and saw this:

The following is a list of the worst performances by an actor under the age of 18 or actors playing characters that are supposed to be under the age of 18:
Missed it the first time. Still seems unreasonable to compare performance by adults to performances by children.

Dude was 24 years old when this film was released. You might consider him childish, but this certainly doesn't qualify as a "child" performance.

Also I love this movie.
I'm going to explain this one more time...the performances included in this list are performances by actors who are 18 or under or where the character they are portraying is 18 or under. Pauly Shore's character in Encino Man is in high school, which would make the character under the age of 18. I like the movie too, but Shore works my last nerve.

Seriously.... Swan, go act in a movie. You still have time to make Gideon's "Worst Child Performances List."

I'm going to explain this one more time...the performances included in this list are performances by actors who are 18 or under or where the character they are portraying is 18 or under. Pauly Shore's character in Encino Man is in high school, which would make the character under the age of 18. I like the movie too, but Shore works my last nerve.
I already corrected my mistake in the post above yours.

But answer me this, what exactly makes Shore's performance among the "worst"? I get that you find him annoying, but if his character is supposed to be annoying, then how is it a bad performance?

I already corrected my mistake in the post above yours.

But answer me this, what exactly makes Shore's performance among the "worst"? I get that you find him annoying, but if his character is supposed to be annoying, then how is it a bad performance?
Where do you get that the character is supposed to be annoying and define "supposed."

Where do you get that the character is supposed to be annoying and define "supposed."
He's clearly playing an obnoxious teenager (or at least, he's playing his usual obnoxious self in teenager form). It's not like he's playing an intellectual or a jock. He's playing an outcast. A weirdo.

Totally agree with the kid from Shane! Like Camo said that kid messes up an otherwise great film.

Macauley Culkin, The Good Son, really? I thought he rocked that role. He was the embodiment of a 'fake nice' kid with an evil core. Good film too.

Totally agree with the kid from Shane! Like Camo said that kid messes up an otherwise great film.

Macauley Culkin, The Good Son, really? I thought he rocked that role. He was the embodiment of a 'fake nice' kid with an evil core. Good film too.
And the kid from Shane somehow got nominated for an Oscar. Come on, Academy.

My Dad adored the movie Shane, and adored that kid. He said the kid looked like himself when he was young, he did actually. When I was born he wanted to name me Shane, but my Mom would have nothing to do with it.