Worst Child Performances List

Tools    

Your complaint kind of contradicts the aim of the thread, does it not? She was 24 when she did Scary Movie, that's a stretch to call her a child actor and to even include her on this list.

Yeah yeah, I know it's your list and you'll do whatever you please, but I'm entitled to do the same.
You're right, that is the joke. The full scene at the fountain is dedicated to laughing at that fact, the only way i think you could include it as a child performance is if you didn't understand that it was a parody of horror films and their various cliches.

Anna Faris is supposed to be bad too.

Im just shocked that youve categorized 75 bad child performances. Your mind must be an everfilling filing cabinet.

Doug McKeon, Mischief

I guess McKeon's wonderful performance in On Golden Pond was a fluke because he seems to be phoning it in in this tired 50's teen angst comedy.

Tatum O'Neal, International Velvet

O'Neal definitely bit off more than she could chew here in this too late to care sequel to National Velvet which found O'Neal playing the daughter of Velvet Brown (played here by Nanette Newman).

You're right, that is the joke. The full scene at the fountain is dedicated to laughing at that fact, the only way i think you could include it as a child performance is if you didn't understand that it was a parody of horror films and their various cliches.

Anna Faris is supposed to be bad too.
Well, if she was supposed to be bad, she nailed it.

Bailee Madison, Just Go With it

Madison was obnoxious as Jennifer Aniston's daughter who, for some odd reason, liked to speak with a British accent, a plot point which grew tiresome VERY quickly.

this little bitch from the happening

and this ****ing kid from the shining remake. holy crap, i'd never punch a kid in the face, but i came close to punching my television and i was about the same age when i watched it. he makes that damn face the entire freaking time.

apologies for the harsh words and hijacking your thread. i'm on my first day of quitting cigarettes. killmenow.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

Dakota Fanning, The War of the Worlds

My general distaste for the actress didn't exactly help me to enjoy this really annoying and whiny performance that made me actually want to punch a little girl in the face.
I can totally understand why people would absolutely despise her in this film. But at the same time a little girl with pre-existing anxiety issues wouldn't be sitting calmly while tripods were destroying the earth around her. A little girl would be flipping the f out of her mind, and Dakota was convincing in doing so. I thought it was a good performance. And I think it was intentionally supposed to be agitating to the audience to put them further on edge. I know I'd be screaming like a bitch too.

man, I'm bitter today.

Linda Blair, Airport '75

Fresh off her Oscar-nominated performance in The Exorcist, Blair agreed to this glorified cameo in the worst of the Airport franchise playing a little girl on the doomed flight who was on her way to having a kidney transplant I think...this was one of those performances that definitely should be avoided by diabetics...calling it sugary is beyond kind.

Macauley Culkin, Richie Rich

Culkin seemed like the logical choice to bring this comic strip character to the big screen but the performance just didn't work for me,

Ethan Embry, Vegas Vacation

This role was played by four different actors in the four films but this was definitely the worst Rusty in the franchise.

Mike Lookinland, The Towering Inferno

Filmed during his final hiatus from The Brady Bunch, I guess Lookinland was hoping this role would launch a film career for him, but, alas, it was not to be.

Not to jump on the bash bandwagon, but Ethan Embrey also wasn't a child when he played Rusty in Vegas Vacation (he was 19).
Is this thread about child actors or anyone of any age who plays a child (in that case we can include Martin Short, Robin Williams, etc.)
Perhaps there should be a separate category for adult actors who played children, and if children include minors then there'd be a super long list of teen movies since Hollywood tends to use adult actors a lot to play teenagers.

None of Culkins performances as a child ever bothered me, i never thought he was a great actor but he was really charming. All of the other kids in Richie Rich were much worse than him.

Not to jump on the bash bandwagon, but Ethan Embrey also wasn't a child when he played Rusty in Vegas Vacation (he was 19).
Is this thread about child actors or anyone of any age who plays a child (in that case we can include Martin Short, Robin Williams, etc.)
Perhaps there should be a separate category for adult actors who played children, and if children include minors then there'd be a super long list of teen movies since Hollywood tends to use adult actors a lot to play teenagers.
This thread is about performances by actors under the age of 18 and actors playing characters under the age of 18.