The Adjustment Bureau(1957):

David Norris: Paul Newman

Elise Sellas: Audrey Hepburn

Harry Mitchell: Sidney Poitier

Richardson: Gregory Peck

Thompson: Laurence Olivier

Charlie: Harry Dean Stanton

Up (1979):

Carl Frederickson: John Huston, Jeremy Irons (young)

Russell: Jonathan Ke Quan

Ellie: Meryl Streep

Charles Muntz: Henry Fonda (his portrayal of Frank in Once Upon a Time In The West stuck a chord)

Dug(voice): Dom DeLuise

Alpha (voice): Sean Connery (deep voice), Mercedes Cambridge (high voice)

Beta (voice): James Earl Jones

Thanks for the feedback. I did have Nicholson in mind after seeing him as Jack Torrence and, yes, as the Joker. What do you guys think of the other casts I've put up? I've also started a thread on casting for The Silmarillion.
These are all excellent, Ange!
I can't cast modern movies or really appreciate the casting of modern movies because I'm not really familiar with who the modern stars are.

To wit: as promised the casting of my fantasy Justice League of America movie circa 1965:

Superman (Clark Kent): Rock Hudson (Hudson was the person that artist Curt Swan based his Superman drawings on.)

Batman (Bruce Wayne): Guy Williams (he played Zorro, which was one of the influences for Batman.)

Wonder Woman (Dianna Prince): Linda Harrison (she appeared briefly as Wonder Woman in an unrealized TV pilot.)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Paul Newman (he was the model on which Silver Age Green Lantern's look was based.)

Flash (Barry Allen): Steve McQueen

Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz): Yul Brynner (exotic looking with bald head)

Aquaman (Arthur Curry): Robert Redford

The Atom (Ray Palmer): David Hedison

Green Arrow (Oliver Queen): Kirk Douglas

Black Canary (Dinah Lance): Stella Stevens

Hawkman (Katar Hol): Charleton Heston

Hawkwoman (Shayera Hol): Raquel Welch

Snapper Carr (Lucas Carr): Bobby Rydell

Saving Private Ryan (1984, filmed in 1983):

Captain John Miller: Harrison Ford

Sergeant Mike Horvath: Tom Berenger

Private Daniel Jackson: Robert Patrick

Private Richard Reiben: Bruce Willis

Corporal Irvin Wade: Steve Buscemi

Corporal Timothy Upham: Kevin Spacey

Private Adrian Caparzo: Clancy Brown

Private Stanley Mellish: Steve Guttenberg

Private James Ryan: Tim Roth

These are all excellent, Ange!
I can't cast modern movies or really appreciate the casting of modern movies because I'm not really familiar with who the modern stars are.

To wit: as promised the casting of my fantasy Justice League of America movie circa 1965:

Superman (Clark Kent): Rock Hudson (Hudson was the person that artist Curt Swan based his Superman drawings on.)

Batman (Bruce Wayne): Guy Williams (he played Zorro, which was one of the influences for Batman.)

Wonder Woman (Dianna Prince): Linda Harrison (she appeared briefly as Wonder Woman in an unrealized TV pilot.)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Paul Newman (he was the model on which Silver Age Green Lantern's look was based.)

Flash (Barry Allen): Steve McQueen

Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz): Yul Brynner (exotic looking with bald head)

Aquaman (Arthur Curry): Robert Redford

The Atom (Ray Palmer): David Hedison

Green Arrow (Oliver Queen): Kirk Douglas

Black Canary (Dinah Lance): Stella Stevens

Hawkman (Katar Hol): Charleton Heston

Hawkwoman (Shayera Hol): Raquel Welch

Snapper Carr (Lucas Carr): Bobby Rydell
Is that casting older films with modern actors or modern films with older actors?

The Princess Bride (1967):

Westely: Michael York

Buttercup: Helen Mirren

Inigo Montoya: David Carridine (alternate: Hector Elizondo)

Fezzik: Mario Brega/James Earl Jones (voice)

Prince Humperdinck: Christopher Plummer

Count Rugen: Robert Shaw

The Grandfather: Henry Fonda

Vizzini: Mickey Rooney

Max: Terry-Thomas

The Albino: Ronald Lacey or Marty Feldman (I could really go with both)

The King: Fredric March

The Priest: Peter Sellers

Yellin: Benito Stefanelli

Is that casting older films with modern actors or modern films with older actors?
If you're asking about my unfamiliarity with modern celebrities, I just can't match most of the names with the faces.

In the case of my casting of a 1965 Justice League of America fantasy film - it's casting a film that was never made. It's like: what if they made a Justice League film during the Silver Age of comics, at the height of the comic's popularity using stars around at that time? (in this case c. 1965).
Same with my casting of the Golden Age Justice Society of America circa 1944.

I did make a casting of a film that was never made, The Catcher in the Rye.

Reservoir Dogs if directed by Akira Kurosawa

Mr. White: Takashi Shimura

Mr. Orange: Isao Kimura

Mr. Pink: Toshiro Mifune

Mr. Blonde: Seiji Miyaguchi

Mr. Brown: Yoshio Inaba

Mr. Blue: Bokuzen Hidari

Nice Guy Eddie: Yoshio Tsuchiya

Joe: Kokuten Kodo

Pride and Prejudice (1967):

Elizabeth Bennett: Charlotte Rampling

Fitzwilliam Darcy: Ian McKellen

Jane Bennett: Susannah York

George Wickham: Malcolm McDowell

Charles Bingley: David Warner

Mr. Bennett: Jon Pertwee

Mrs. Bennett: Shelley Winters

Mr. Collins: Sylvester McCoy

and Katherine Hepburn as Lady Catherine de Bourgh
Ian McKellen does have that quality in some roles of being aloof but I'm not sure about him as Darcy. Colin Baker would have been great and in fact his Sixth Doctor took Darcy as inspiration by being inaccessible but misunderstood (and Peter Capaldi started along the same lines). I recently saw the TV Pride and Prejudice with David Rintoul as Darcy and he's excellent, one behind the definitive Colin Firth.

Susannah York seems a bit severe for Jane; Charlotte Rampling also I think would be more like one of the sterner female characters outside the Bennett sisters, or possibly Darcy's sister.

I can see Malcolm McDowell as Wickham because like Ian McKellen and David Warner there's something about them where you believe their characters could go bad – like a seam of corruption under the surface that each actor is able to project, especially I think in their voices. For that reason I'm struggling to picture Warner as the innocuous Bingley.

I can definitely see Jon Pertwee as Mr Bennett as he'd have exactly the right sense of humour; and Sylvester McCoy as Mr Collins would be priceless. I saw the trailer for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies a few weeks ago and had no idea Matt Smith was in the film. As soon as I saw his costume I smiled because it was obvious who he was playing! Apparently his performance has gone down really well and I've seen it compared to the Carry On films. I think he's an excellent actor and my favourite new series Doctor as well. My favourite Mr Collins though is David Bamber – one of the funniest characterizations of any role ever.

Had this idea of a film version of Dracula if made in the 1960s.

Dracula (1961)

Directed by Irvin Kershner
Produced by Sam Spiegel
Screenplay written by Leigh Brackett

Jonathan Harker: Jeremy Brett (alternate: Anthony Perkins)

Mina Murray, later Harker: Diana Rigg

Dr. Jack Seward: Michael Caine

Count Dracula: Robert Shaw (alternates: Sean Connery or Gian Maria Volonte);

Lord Arthur Holmwood: Peter O'Toole

Quincey P. Morris: Clint Eastwood (alternate: James Coburn)

Lucy Westenra: Susannah York

with Peter Ustinov as Renfield

Rex Harrison as Mr. Hawkins

Joseph Egger as Mr. Swales

Luciana Paluzzi, Claudine Auger and Tania Mallet as Dracula's three brides

and Alec Guinness as Professor Abraham Van Helsing

Gypsies:
Benito Stefanelli
Michael Mellinger
William Bramley (during a break from West Side Story)
Aldo Sambrell
Antonio Molino Rojo
Yuri Borienko
Bob Simmons
Alf Joint
Frank Brana
Aldo Berti
and others

Stunt coordinator: Bob Anderson
Music by John Williams
Cinematography: Conrad L. Hall
Coincidentally my favourite episode of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett is The Last Vampyre.

Your casting of Robert Shaw as Dracula is interesting – I haven't read the book but what I know about it suggests that Shaw would be closer to the original character.

I can see Michael Caine playing the tortured Seward – Richard E. Grant was great in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I had to think about it but I can also see Peter Ustinov as Renfield. The best Renfield I've seen – I think astonishingly brilliant – was Jack Shepherd in the TV version with Louis Jourdan. I'm fairly sure that Sylvester McCoy played him on stage but perhaps not in the stage version with Frank Langella; he's in the Langella film but sadly not as that character, which is made for him.

And Luciana Paluzzi as a bride? I'm in. God, that would be like Monica Bellucci all over again….

I had chosen Warner as Bingley after watching him in 1968's A Midsummer's Night Dream, where he played Lysander alongside Helen Mirren as Hermia, Diana Rigg as Helena, Judi Dench as Titania, and Ian Holm as Puck.

I also included about ten or eleven actors as the gypsies. Is it too much?
Yes.

I'd think about it just as in-depth as this too. It's fascinating but really difficult. I don't know any of the gypsy actors listed actually, so I wouldn't be able to comment!

What did you think of my choices for Mina, Holmwood, Quincy and Van Helsing?
Diana Rigg seems okay; Holmwood I can't remember so again it's hard to judge the actor; Clint Eastwood seems about right for Quincey as I think Coburn would come over too mature even then.

I wonder whether Alec Guinness would be too low key for Van Helsing – Frank Finlay was a bit like that but at the same time the matter-of-fact way his Van Helsing had of operating was scary in itself. I really liked him in the role.

I had chosen Warner as Bingley after watching him in 1968's A Midsummer's Night Dream, where he played Lysander alongside Helen Mirren as Hermia, Diana Rigg as Helena, Judi Dench as Titania, and Ian Holm as Puck.
Yes, I haven't seen that but I've seen clips – who played Demetrius?

I like Adrian Noble's Midsummer Night's Dream, which fortunately was made into a film. It would have been great to see that production.

William Bramley is well known for his work as Officer Krupke in West Side Story, Alf Joint, Michael Mellinger, Bob Simmons and Yuri Borienko appeared in James Bond films, and Benito Stefanelli, Aldo Sambrell, Antonio Molino Rojo, and Frank Brana appeared throughout the Dollars Trilogy starring Clint Eastwood. That's where I found Gian Maria Volonte as well. Aldo Berti appeared in Once Upon a Time in the West as a henchman.

William Bramley is well known for his work as Officer Krupke in West Side Story, Alf Joint, Michael Mellinger, Bob Simmons and Yuri Borienko appeared in James Bond films, and Benito Stefanelli, Aldo Sambrell, Antonio Molino Rojo, and Frank Brana appeared throughout the Dollars Trilogy starring Clint Eastwood. That's where I found Gian Maria Volonte as well. Aldo Berti appeared in Once Upon a Time in the West as a henchman.
I see – I watched Nosferatu the Vampyre not so long ago and it's the locals I remember most, and their reaction when Harker tells them where he's going. It's a beautiful film.

I don't remember who played Demitrius.
Found it, it was Michael Jayston. And Darth Vader played Quince.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (2016)

Lieutenant Zachary Garber: Robert Downey Jr.

Mr. Blue/Bernard Ryder: Daniel Craig

Mr. Green/Harold Longman: James Spader

Mr. Grey/Giuseppe Benvenuto: Oscar Isaac

Mr. Brown/George Steever: Matthew Lewis

Snow white and the huntsmen movie recast.

Huntsmen. Viggo mortensen

Snow white. Daisy ridley.

The wicked queen. Famke janssen.

The prince character liam hemsworth.

The evil brother. Crispin glover.

The prince father. Sean bean.

The seven dwarfs
Doc. David Ogden stires
Grumpy. Peter dinklage
Sleppy. Tyler perry
Happy. Robbie Coltrane.
Sneezy. Seth rogen.