The Stanley Kubrick Appreciation Thread!!!

Tools    

Dr. Strangelove

2001: A Space Odyssey

The Shining

The Killing

Full Metal Jacket

A Clockwork Orange

Paths of Glory

Lolita

Barry Lyndon

Eyes Wide Shut

Killer's Kiss

Spartacus

Fear and Desire

EDIT

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Newly released photos of Kubrick editing Barry Lyndon in his editing garage:

Edit: *Update*
watched Paths of Glory
watched Eyes Wide Shut

just going to put this here threw it together just now. even tho i'm not a member of the 'MoFo Stanley Kubrick fan club' yet. Haven't seen Lolita, Killer's Kiss, or Fear and Desire. Need more time & money!

Appreciate this guy quite a bit, for whatever it's worth. And would very much like to watch the Stanley Kubrick's Boxes documentary that mikeython1 mentioned in the first post

Paths of Glory -------------- Rating:
10.0 / 10
Full Metal Jacket
------------ Rating:
10.0 / 10
A Clockwork Orange ------- Rating:
+ 9.5 / 10
Barry Lyndon ----------------- Rating:
8.0 / 10
The Killing --------------------- Rating:
8.0 / 10
Dr Strangelove --------------- Rating:
8.0 / 10
Spartacus --------------------- Rating:
8.0 / 10
Eyes Wide Shut ------------- Rating:
8.0 / 10
2001: a Space Odyssey --- Rating:
7.0 / 10
... know it's a sin to have this one at the bottom, maybe one day i'll 'get it'

everyone already knows what i rate this one ↓ , so won't bother

Man, I need to see Barry Lyndon. I know it's going to become an instant all-time favorite, so I'm not rushing. I'll just have to choose the right day and the right time.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Man, I need to see Barry Lyndon. I know it's going to become an instant all-time favorite, so I'm not rushing. I'll just have to choose the right day and the right time.
I would hold off from seeing it if that's your attitude going in

The Shining

A Clockwork Orange

Full Metal Jacket

2001 A Space Odyssey

Dr.Strangelove

Paths Of Glory
+
Spartacus

Barry Lyndon

Brief a beast

my idea of having fun, while my football team, the Georgia Bulldogs, fall flat on their face against the Booger-Eating-Florida-Gators

thanks to Stanley Kubrick for being comfort-in-pain

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Kubrick is a favorite of mine as well... I have seen every film he's ever made that's been released (even Fear and Desire) My favorites would be...

A Clockwork Orange
Full Metal Jacket
Barry Lyndon
Lolita
Paths of Glory
The Shining

I notice no one puts "Spartacus" -- Though none of his films come in my Top 5, I think he's the one director (and probably the only one I can think of) who has never made a bad movie.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
If I could choose one director to watch for the rest of my life, it would be Kubrick over anyone. I mean one of his films is worth ten more than most other directors.

The Shining is genius =]
The real question is Alfred Hitchcock or Stanley Kubrick

To be clear, I am a worshipper at the altar of Kubrick (when not at service at the House of the Hitchcock). His influence on how I see film has been immense:

Although Dr. Strangelove... is my personal favorite of his films, the scene that always comes to mind when I think of Kubrick comes from Paths of Glory.

When they march the three prisoners through the parade ground remains one of the most emotionally draining moments I have ever seen on film. While Ralph Meeker marched with pride and Joe Turkel was half way to the Overlook Hotel bar, we hear the pleading of a confused and desperate Timothy Carey. The long movement of the camera forces us to look into the eyes of every officer, soldier and politician that had come to see the awful event and despise them for it. Then, the pathetic Wayne Morris must stand before the man he is about to kill and offer him the blindfold. Although we all wanted Ralph Meeker to yell at him, spit on him or even tell him that he'll haunt him for the rest of his days, he does not. The strength of his character is what we see while the pitiful pleas of Timothy Carey next to him are what we hear.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Shining is genius =]
The real question is Alfred Hitchcock or Stanley Kubrick
I don't think you can compare the 2! They had completely different filmmaking styles, they worked in different decades (Hitchcock's career was finishing when Kubrick was starting) and they are both amazing in what they do!

That said, Kubrick is my favorite director so I enjoy his films more than I do Hitch's. But I wouldn't dare say that one of them is better than the other.

I have seen a few Kubrick films but then the tie spot for #1 of my English speaking films is his "A Clockwork Orange" which is an intense film .... .I enjoyed "Full Metal Jacket" up until Vincent D'Onofrio kills himself .. then it got boring... and I really liked "Eyes Wide Shut"..

Let me see what else have I seen of his... loved Spartacus and The Shinning is a great horror flix....

Neiba, your "Dr Strangelove" looks toooo creepy for me to watch...

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I have seen a few Kubrick films but then the tie spot for #1 of my English speaking films is his "A Clockwork Orange" which is an intense film .... .I enjoyed "Full Metal Jacket" up until Vincent D'Onofrio kills himself .. then it got boring... and I really liked "Eyes Wide Shut"..

Let me see what else have I seen of his... loved Spartacus and The Shinning is a great horror flix....

Neiba, your "Dr Strangelove" looks toooo creepy for me to watch...
Too creepy for you? Does not compute!