I'm Leaving/I'm coming back

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
"This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 8 seconds"

Leaving, be back in 8 seconds.

Heading to Iceland in a couple of days for some Northern Lights and whale watching so I wont be on here until the New Year more than likely. Happy New Year and all that to everyone.
Colour me jealous - have a great time!

I'll probably be pretty scarce for the next week and a half.

I'm going to Idaho with my parents to meet my mom's biological mother plus various other new relatives. We'll be driving there and I don't know how much internet access or time I'll have while I'm away. I should be back on the 12th.

I'll probably be pretty scarce for the next week and a half.

I'm going to Idaho with my parents to meet my mom's biological mother plus various other new relatives. We'll be driving there and I don't know how much internet access or time I'll have while I'm away. I should be back on the 12th.
Has your mom met her yet?

Has your mom met her yet?
No. She only just got in contact with her for the first time a few months ago.

My mom took a DNA test through Ancestry.com and later they gave her a list of possible relatives. She knew her biological mother's first name was Betty and that she lived in Idaho, so when a Betty from Idaho came up in the results, she mailed her a letter. Betty responded right away and has been very interested in meeting all of us. So have Betty's other children.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No. She only just got in contact with her for the first time a few months ago.

My mom took a DNA test through Ancestry.com and later they gave her a list of possible relatives. She knew her biological mother's first name was Betty and that she lived in Idaho, so when a Betty from Idaho came up in the results, she mailed her a letter. Betty responded right away and has been very interested in meeting all of us. So have Betty's other children.
That's lovely, V. Hve a great time.

I have decided to quit this forum because lately I have got involved in more discussions on terror attacks than movies. Defeats the whole purpose of coming here , which is to discuss movies. I am afraid if I don't commit to not posting here, then I will be tempted to post about the next terror attack and again the cycle of accusation and counter accusation will continue. So I might come to read some threads but won't post .

If anybody wants to read my movie reviews that person can search for 'ashdoc's movie reviews' on Google. They are available on several Indian forums .

I have decided to quit this forum because lately I have got involved in more discussions on terror attacks than movies. Defeats the whole purpose of coming here , which is to discuss movies.
Don't leave just post in movie threads

I have decided to quit this forum because lately I have got involved in more discussions on terror attacks than movies. Defeats the whole purpose of coming here , which is to discuss movies.
I keep away from the terrorist thread, there's good and bad in all races, religions and faiths, it's not worth the upset of arguing over it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I second this!
@ashdoc
Honestly, I've recently questioned my point here. I find myself drifting over to the Intermission side of the site far too often. Part of me enjoys a good debate and it is refreshing to see considerate posts made by those I disagree with, but I would be a liar if I did not admit that part of my draw is due to the baser lust of the argument.

I don't know what to think about that.

I understand your point here on leaving; at least for what I can understand in as short of a time as I've been here to follow your posts. Nebbit does have a good point too, though! Come swim back in the shallow end of the General Movie tab a bit more and let's get back to the movies. Isn't that why we're here? From the start?

If you are out though, then I wish you well and only hope for the best for you and yours. I wish you would stay though =\

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I have decided to quit this forum because lately I have got involved in more discussions on terror attacks than movies. Defeats the whole purpose of coming here , which is to discuss movies. I am afraid if I don't commit to not posting here, then I will be tempted to post about the next terror attack and again the cycle of accusation and counter accusation will continue. So I might come to read some threads but won't post .

If anybody wants to read my movie reviews that person can search for 'ashdoc's movie reviews' on Google. They are available on several Indian forums .
Don't leave us. You will be alone down there.

I have decided to quit this forum because lately I have got involved in more discussions on terror attacks than movies. Defeats the whole purpose of coming here , which is to discuss movies...
Then do what I did, walk away from the terror attack threads and focus on more light subjects like movies. You'll find your spirits lifted and your heart lighter. You're a good movie reviewer so focus on that instead.

She said it first and best

okay , i will come back for posting in my two review threads at least .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm leaving to get snacks for my movie

NOOOO. I would miss that avatar.