September 11th, motion picture?

Tools    

bad idea. very, very, very bad idea.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by MooNoo
bad idea. very, very, very bad idea.
Why, is certain information too dangerous for us or something? Please elaborate.

People have made films concerning many, many tragic events such as Hiroshima, Concentration camps etc... Why is this different?

Originally Posted by Entertainment News

Stone, Cage to Team Up on Film About 9/11

Sat Jul 09, 6:18 PM ET

Nearly four years after the collapse of the World Trade Center, Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone will direct a film based on the story of two police officers who were trapped in the rubble on Sept. 11, 2001.

Nicolas Cage, who won a best-actor Oscar for "Leaving Las Vegas," will star as Port Authority police Sgt. John McLoughlin. McLoughlin and fellow officer William J. Jimeno became trapped during rescue efforts after the collapse of the twin towers.

Paramount Pictures said the movie is expected to be released next year.

"It's a work of collective passion, a serious meditation on what happened and carries within a compassion that heals," Stone said in a statement Friday. "It's an exploration of heroism in our country but it's international at the same time in its humanity."

Paramount said the film also will focus on the officers' rescuers and their families. McLoughlin and Jimeno are said to be the last two men rescued.

"I feel someone had to tell the story of the people who were in the Trade Center before and after it collapsed," McLoughlin said in a statement. "It needs to be told how this horrific tragedy brought Americans and the world together to help those in need."

While the star power of Stone and Cage will likely make the movie the most high profile film to tackle 9/11, it's not the first. Many independent films have turned their lens to downtown New York, and in the 2002 film "The Guys," Anthony LaPaglia played a fire captain who lost eight men in the towers' collapse.

Stone has won best-director Oscars for "Platoon" and "Born on the Fourth of July." He also has directed "Alexander," "Nixon," "JFK" and "Wall Street."

Screen credits for Cage include "Adaptation," "City of Angels" and "Moonstruck."

Not sure how I feel about this...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

In the Beginning...
I wonder how many Hollywood directors were sitting around during the 9-11 attacks, saying to themselves, "Hey, I wonder how long I'll have to wait before I can make a movie about this."

theres so much sketchy information about what really happened with 9/11. Everyone believes different things about what really happened, and if they make a movie about one persons opinion on it, then imagine how many dissatisfied, and not to mention, offended people there would be by the plot of the movie.
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case ofbeer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

If someone made a movie about 9/11, you could always start the "a" story line about a fireman that starts his day, the "b" story could be a policeman that starts his/her day, "c" story about an worker in the towers. Bring all the stories together within one of the towers where three people meet in a terrible tragedy. If the focus is on the people and the families that went through it, not on Monkey boy(baby bush), then I really think it would appeal to the American people.

I wonder if any of the people who oppose this idea on the basis that it would "politicize" September 11th said or thought the same thing in reference to the release of Fahrenheit 9/11.

That said, the movie strikes me as wholly unnecessary, though potentially worth seeing so long as it focuses on the actions of a few (real) individuals, rather than attempt to make some cheap, predictable political point, like a couple of the posters in this thread.

AznSuperman
Im asian and you how hard it was for me to go see Pearl Harbor at the movies, and now its going to be very hard for every person living the US to see this movie.

Originally Posted by flann
If someone made a movie about 9/11, you could always start the "a" story line about a fireman that starts his day, the "b" story could be a policeman that starts his/her day, "c" story about an worker in the towers. Bring all the stories together within one of the towers where three people meet in a terrible tragedy. If the focus is on the people and the families that went through it, not on Monkey boy(baby bush), then I really think it would appeal to the American people.
This is what the movie is about. It is about how 2 policemen survived in the basement of one of the towers. People are gettin upset thinking that they are going to re-create the towers falling - but they aren't. I think some of the profits even go to charity.

I wouldn't mind if the film focused on the facts and didn't have much of a political agenda. But with Oliver Stone at the helm, we're probably gonna get a tasteless bit of Republican bashing - starring Nicholas Cage.

The timing would wrong I think, not that it is too early after the incident, but that the war on terror is still going strong.

Originally Posted by 7thson
The timing is wrong I think, not that it is too early after the incident, but that the war on terror is still going strong. I glanced over the thread and did not notice, but is there a release date yet?
Late spring of '06, I think. There's no definite release date yet.

It would be interesting to see a 9/11 movie...

Who the hell could make a movie. this is so wrong. and Why would they make it a movie

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
If it was life size the internet would crash!!!
Does not compute, does not compute.........
Danger Will Smith, danger.......
Exterminate, exterminate.....
I'll be back...........beepbopboobbloooooo
Beedebeedebeep what's up Buck.....

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by ComingSoon.net
After the announcement last month about Paramount Pictures and director Oliver Stone mounting a production based on the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, Variety announced that Universal is going to be making the second major film about the events as director Paul Greengrass ('The Bourne Supremacy') will start shooting Flight 93 in October.

The $15 million film will show the events that took place on the doomed flight in real time from the takeoff and hijacking to the discovery by the passengers that other planes had been flown into the World Trade Center. The film will also show how passengers sacrificed their own lives to bring the plane down before it could be crashed into a Washington, DC landmark.

Greengrass is no stranger to filming tragic and harrowing events having directed Bloody Sunday, a similar documentary-like film about the 1972 Irish civil rights protest in Derry that ended in a massacre by British troops. Like that film, Flight 93 will be partially improvised with Greengrass using handheld cameras, giving the movie a gritty realistic feel. The project was greenlit based on a 20-page treatment by Greengrass, which noted that media, politicians, historians and religious leaders will try to find a context for the 9/11 tragedy as its fifth anniversary approaches next year. Presumably, Universal will release the film to coincide with the anniversary of the tragedy
Source

I think this would be an interesting movie.....

Wait 30 years THEN make the movie to show all the future generations of our messed up generation.