What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Oops a bit old... Star Wars III: ROTS

Put me in your pocket...
Don't tell anyone...but...The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

Originally Posted by susan
sisterhood of the travelling pants....excellent film about four friends and a pair of magical pants....great photography of the isle of santorini...standout was america ferrera as carmen
Both my daughter and I loved this too. My daughter has already asked if we can get the DVD when it comes out.

batman begins....excellent rendition of batman...better than all four previous batguys put together...michael caine excellent as my favorite butler, alfred....

annie, has your daughter read any of the books? they are excellent...reading the second one now and waiting for the third to come to paperback...

Put me in your pocket...
Susan...how is Batman Begins in terms of...well....my daughter wants to see it, but the PG-13 rating said parental supervision strongly advised...is it just very scary? A lot of gore? She's seen Stars Wars III...how you rate it/compare it to that?

No. she hasn't read he books yet. Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe I'll get those for her to read during our vacation. Thanks.

The Scarecrow's special talent is chemically inducing fear into his victims...it's these scenes that might be a bit much for a youngin'. Some of those scenes are pretty intense. It’s a tough call. It’s not any worse than any standard horror film, but it’s not Batman & Robin either.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

not a lot of gore and no bad words really...it's just a dark film...it would scare a lot of young kids so i'd say anyone over 12...

there were several kids in the audience when we went...there were three parties going on...the kids seemed to enjoy themselves as well ...

star wars was far more bloody and violent than batman at least in my opinion

Put me in your pocket...
Thanks for the advice Brian and susan. I appreciate it.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Batman begins
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Los Angeles Plays Itself (2004 - Thom Anderson)

Interesting if basic idea of tracking the visual history of Los Angeles through feature films, starting with the Silent comedies of Max Senett to the dystopic nightmare of BladeRunner and beyond. And it's not just simply showing different eras uses of particular locations (like the famous Bradbury Building above), but trying to determine how those uses differ and posit reasons for why, with historical perspective of the city as well. Filmmaker Anderson's personal point-of-view as an Angeleno is initially a bonus, but as he points out in the film many of the best uses of the city as a character in the last four decades have been by outsiders (like Polanski), and ultimately he may be too close to his subject. Also he kind of awkwardly interjects his personal feelings of the movies and politics, both of which are all over the map, neither of which are given any time or dedication to see how he reached his opinions, simply snide asides out of the blue. He also draws some pretty tenuous conclusions in spots. But he also makes some interesting points. A mixed bag overall, and not the homerun it should have been. It runs about ten minutes short of three hours, but the length didn't bother me like the inconsistency of tone and message did. Worth seeing, at least as a rental, but I think more could have been done with the material.

GRADE: B-

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"I can't help it..."
Batman Begins
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I just saw batman begins a week ago, I loved it I thought it was better than any of the previous films. This batman brings fear into the villians hearts and portrays the broken boy bruce that was truly batman. I give it an A, there were some things that irritated me in the movie but were minor.
O yeah first time poster, I would just lke to say "HI EVERYBODY"

My life isn't written very well.
Crash. A very (very) hard-driven message movie about racism in LA.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

AznSuperman
The Last movie I saw was Batman Begins, and it was a badass movie

Land of the Dead - Enjoyable, but missing something.

Land of the Dead... Ugh.