Merry NEW YEAR! (Welcome 2017)

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Happy New Year, gbg! You want some beef jerky? There's plenty you know.

Happy New Year, Capt.

No thanks, I'm full. We went to TGI Fridays for their Endless Appetizers. For $10 each, we ate four different kinds of boneless chicken wings, BBQ flatbread, mozzarella sticks, loaded potato skins, and fried green beans. The food was so good that we didn't even leave room for dessert.

Happy New Year, Capt.

No thanks, I'm full. We went to TGI Fridays for their Endless Appetizers. For $10 each, we ate four different kinds of boneless chicken wings, BBQ flatbread, mozzarella sticks, loaded potato skins, and fried green beans. The food was so good that we didn't even leave room for dessert.

Better than my New Year's Eve: I ate leftover pasta alone and watched the Twilight Zone and the Honeymooners!

Better than my New Year's Eve: I ate leftover pasta alone and watched the Twilight Zone and the Honeymooners!

That sounds like my Mom's New Year's Eve. She lives in Florida, and there are usually a lot of people around to keep her company, but since it's NYE, everyone had places to go, so she stayed home alone and watched a "Game of Thrones" marathon on TV. But she was pretty happy about it when I spoke to her at midnight. She even rushed me off the phone so she could get back to her TV show.

I had a very similar New Year's Eve: I ate leftover pizza and watched Green Acres!

I had a very similar New Year's Eve: I ate leftover pizza and watched Green Acres!

Happy New Year, CR!

When I was a kid, I lived near a mall called Green Acres Mall, and I didn't know why there was a song about it on TV.

Happy New Years GBG! Green Acres Mall was that a shopping center? Or like an outside green are?

It was just a normal indoor shopping mall with lots of stores on several levels. It wasn't even painted green. It just had that name. (It still does. It's in Valley Stream, NY.)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I kept asking myself what "whores doovre" is until I Googled it and also found out how you pronounce it. WHY FRENCH WHY

I spent New Year Eve watching films. I watched 6 of them till 4 AM and then read a book (in its entirety!!!) till 7 AM and I went to bed at 7:30.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I drank, ate and smoked like a pig. Time to recover now so I can do it all over again on the next 31st of December.

I wish you all a bunch of very satisfying film experiences in 2017. Happy New Year!

I hear that this year stores will start selling Christmas items the day after Easter!

Why not? Some of the stores around here already have their Easter items for sale. I almost bought a Cadbury Creme Egg a few days ago.

Master of My Domain
I read thread's title as Marry NEW YEAR!
I just read your post as Mary Tyler Moore
I don't care what they say about us anyway...

Twilight Zone on New Year's Eve? Sounds like an excellent way to start the new year.

I kept asking myself what "whores doovre" is until I Googled it and also found out how you pronounce it. WHY FRENCH WHY

I spent New Year Eve watching films. I watched 6 of them till 4 AM and then read a book (in its entirety!!!) till 7 AM and I went to bed at 7:30.
I grew up working in a restaurant and we had this black board in the lobby that said "Hot Hors D'oeuvres every Friday night!" and someone would always erase part of it so it read "Hot Hors every Friday night!"