MoFos on Roller Coasters!

Tools    

No, I complain at restaurants because when I order my food a specific way, I expect to get it the way that I ordered it. If I wanted it the way it's listed on the menu, I wouldn't ask for it to be made differently.

And when I have an allergy to a specific food, and I ask them to make it without that food, and then they put that food in my meal anyway, I expect them to make it right.
Just out of curiosity, do you find that certain chefs refuse to cook meals to order? That it's *their way* or the highway? It's why I don't go out to restaurants, anymore. Some chefs get insulted when you want something prepared other than how they cook it. For me, it's a matter of what ingredients my very sensitive stomach can handle. Send something down that it doesn't like, and it will come back..... the "hard way..."

I'd just rather cook for myself, or eat commercially packaged things that are just plain bland.

I don't do coasters anymore but Sandusky Ohio is easily the best place to go for them.
There were a fair few in my former state as well (Six Flags - Great Adventure). Here in my new State of FL, we also have Busch Gardens, Tampa. I've been on a couple of those as well (Montu, etc.). But it has been a while since I rode one.

Was just looking at the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom site and found out that Roar no longer exists. It's been replaced by another coaster called The Joker. That makes me sad. The Joker looks fun, but if they were going to tear down a ride and replace it with something, it should've been Kong. Besides being a sucky ride, I swear it was closed down half the times I've gone to the park anyway.
Be careful with those "re-marketed" rides. Sometimes, all they do is change a couple of loops or turning points and then re-market the ride as "brand new." At Great Adventure, there was a ride called "The Turn of the Century..." a metal coaster. All they did was add a long straight away in a tunnel and a couple of loops and the ride was "born again" as "The Demon" (with the appropriate marketing hype, of course)...

Be careful with those "re-marketed" rides. Sometimes, all they do is change a couple of loops or turning points and then re-market the ride as "brand new." At Great Adventure, there was a ride called "The Turn of the Century..." a metal coaster. All they did was add a long straight away in a tunnel and a couple of loops and the ride was "born again" as "The Demon" (with the appropriate marketing hype, of course)...
I watched a youtube video made by someone riding The Joker. It's definitely very different from Roar.

Though if these damn wildfires don't get under control it may not matter anyway.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
No, I complain at restaurants because when I order my food a specific way, I expect to get it the way that I ordered it. If I wanted it the way it's listed on the menu, I wouldn't ask for it to be made differently.

And when I have an allergy to a specific food, and I ask them to make it without that food, and then they put that food in my meal anyway, I expect them to make it right.
Just out of curiosity, do you find that certain chefs refuse to cook meals to order? That it's *their way* or the highway? It's why I don't go out to restaurants, anymore. Some chefs get insulted when you want something prepared other than how they cook it. For me, it's a matter of what ingredients my very sensitive stomach can handle. Send something down that it doesn't like, and it will come back..... the "hard way..."

I'd just rather cook for myself, or eat commercially packaged things that are just plain bland.

I've never had a chef refuse to cook a meal the way I requested it, but there was one restaurant that wouldn't do it because it was the policy of the restaurant, not the chef. The manager at The Cheesecake Factory told me that their meals cannot be changed in any way because they have a specific "look and taste" that must be the same at every Cheesecake Factory restaurant across the country. He even refused to change the order based on allergies. (After a lengthy argument, he eventually agreed to make the changes that night, but he also said that he was making a one-time exception, and that they would never do it again.)

I called their corporate office the next day. I was told that the manager was correct, and that was their policy. That was many years ago, and I have never gone back to that restaurant again.

I called their corporate office the next day. I was told that the manager was correct, and that was their policy. That was many years ago, and I have never gone back to that restaurant again.
I wonder if they'd change their policies when the first person sues them for injuries sustained as a result of dishonoring the request to change the menu. Surely, they'll claim "you didn't have to purchase/eat it..." but....

The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is my fave roller coaster, been on it many times. I like to sit near the front if i can, i like to see the drop come into view.