The Years Have Not Been Kind...addendum

Tools    

Was watching Grey's Anatomy and could not believe what has happened to Debbie Allen...

She was once a extremely flexible singer-dancer who starred on Broadway in Ain't Misbehavin as well as revivals of West Side Story and Sweet Charity, but become a household name with her role as tough dance teacher Lydia Grant on the TV series fame:

Believe it or not, this is the same woman, who is now a producer and series regular on Grey's Anatomy:

See, I'm not having a pop at you Gideon cos I see all this 'I can't believe what happened to...' all over the internet, but let's look at Debbie Allen. Why can't you believe she had this lithe dancers body at the age of 32 and now she looks like she does in the photo above at the age of 67? She looks pretty fine to me. What's the point? It always seems to be directed at women too. We put on weight we get wrinkles we get less flexible, more creaky, more grey, more forgetful....age does that (believe it or not) but we're more wise and more at ease with ourselves . Probably less judgmental too.

Sorry but I think Debbie Allen looks just fab in both posts and she looks positively radiant with happiness in the second.

This might just do nobody any good.
Yeah, Allen's fine considering some of the other disasters that frequent in Hollywood.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
People get older. The physical condition [among other things, the chems that keep our skin and muscles fresh and elastic] wears out. Gravity always wins.

Are you afraid of getting older?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
People age. That's just what happens.

kathleen turner

1. she's older

2. she has a debilitating illness and addiction to self subscribing due to that. It's tragic.

Body shaming is very yesterday.

People get older. The physical condition [among other things, the chems that keep our skin and muscles fresh and elastic] wears out. Gravity always wins.

Are you afraid of getting older?
I already am older.
(and now I'm older still)

Well, Mikhail looks 69 years old to me, and good for him, his genes and physique have worked together to keep him slim, and he's had no horrible cosmetic facial surgery to marr those elegant worldly wise features. I still see no reason to marvel at Debbie Allen's 67 year old self. She looks beautiful to me.

I already am older.
(and now I'm older still)
Age is a state of mind, not physical appearance. I'm sure you are still the scalliwag you were at 18, Cap.

I still see no reason to marvel at Debbie Allen's 67 year old self. She looks beautiful to me.

Either do I. I don't know who she is but both before and after shots are beautiful to me.

Except now my chin is as big as my bicep used to be!
Chins are cool. Biceps can be a bit scary.

Except now my chin is as big as my bicep used to be!
That's funny. We seem to make fun of those first. The 2nd and 3rd chin, and the bye bye. It waves when we do.

As long as people are happy with themselves, they should never care what others think. They are very strong emotionally, when they can pull that off.

I've seen that woman in Grey's Anatomy, and I'll admit that I had no idea she was from the TV series Fame. In my opinion, who cares!?! Personally, I think she is very pretty, and I had no idea she was that old. It doesn't look like she's had work done, either. I may be wrong about that, but I hope not. I'm against that stuff, unless it's for birth defects, burns, accidents, etc . . . To each their own, and all, but personally, I do hate when people cheat. I've tried to put myself in other's shoes, as I normally do, but even if I had aged quickly, I can't imagine myself doing that stuff. I really can't picture being able to have plastic surgery for anything more than accidents, burns, etc . . .

So anyways, she's a doll.

Age brings wisdom. Wisdom brings peacefulness. Peacefulness keeps you younger
Ha! Sounds like Yoda.