IMDB to shut down...

Tools    

Never used or visited the message boards, outside of maybe 2-3 visits out of curiousity or a random link...

I love and admire IMDb for their grand size and how it's the best place for anything movies (at least in broad strokes), but those user reviews? God damn such idiots... somehow I always find myself unintentionally reading some negative user reviews and get totally frustrated because those type of users rarely understand what they even saw. They ask questions about the obvious and complain about what ,to me, is so simple to understand... AND I JUST WANNA STRANGLE THEM every single time!!

I mean, I guess when going as global and world wide as IMDb, anyone can participate. But man, I hope the message boards were smarter, because if not, I'm glad they're gone.

I didnt really know they had one outside the specific movie/actor..and i always found that part really messy

I love and admire IMDb for their grand size and how it's the best place for anything movies (at least in broad strokes), but those user reviews? God damn such idiots... somehow I always find myself unintentionally reading some negative user reviews and get totally frustrated because those type of users rarely understand what they even saw. They ask questions about the obvious and complain about what ,to me, is so simple to understand... AND I JUST WANNA STRANGLE THEM every single time!!
For anyone who knows IMDB well, you know when you scroll down and there's always one user review then a link saying there's x amount of reviews for this movie that you can click and read. Is that one review always picked because it is the most or it is at least somewhat positive? I've always wondered that because i've found myself on IMDB alot because someone has linked to a film there because it's hilarious that it even exists and the one review they show on the films page is almost always trying to be positive no matter how stupid, sick, ridiculous, whatever the movie is.

I think some people pay users to post positive reviews, especially for smaller films where there are only a few user reviews
Definitely. i was more curious about the selection of the displayed review, there must be mods that decide that because it's only one review per film with a link to the rest of the user reviews.

The most loathsome of all goblins
IMDB forums are garbage anyway, the way they are designed is obnoxious.

I will say I do miss the golden age of the Rotten Tomatoes forums, those were good times

Rotten Tomatoes Forums? Damn, i always forget all these sites had/have forums that i use for other things. I remember someone sent me a link to the Cracked Forums which still baffles me.

I frequently read and posted on the IMDb forums for specific sections (individual films/actors/etc.). Very sad to see those go. Social media has completely taken over internet communication and I'm not really that happy about it.

Rotten Tomatoes Forums? Damn, i always forget all these sites had/have forums that i use for other things. I remember someone sent me a link to the Cracked Forums which still baffles me.
Rotten Tomatoes has kept their forums well-hidden for years, it's like a secret club. Unfortunately, mismanagement and constant changes destroyed it. A decade ago there were as many as 700 active posters during peak hours, now it's pretty much dead. Sad
I frequently read and posted on the IMDb forums for specific sections (individual scenes/actors/etc.). Very sad to see those go. Social media has completely taken over internet communication and I'm not really that happy about it.
I hate social media, it's the worst thing that has ever happened to the internet.

I hate social media, it's the worst thing that has ever happened to the internet.
Like all progress, it has its upsides and its downsides.

Making life easier through innovation often takes a certain charm away from it. I guess you and I are both people that are sensitive to that loss of charm.

No wonder it failed and sounds terrible.
And yet for a time it was one of the most popular movie forums on the internet, maybe the most popular. It didn't fail because it was a secret, and I'm overstating that. It was made purposefully hard to find on RT's main page, but if you already knew about it, then it was easy to get to.

Anyway, it failed because they kept reformatting it, which would cause bugs and glitches, and at one point deleted it for months before bringing it back. Posters got sick of it and migrated elsewhere.

And yet for a time it was one of the most popular movie forums on the internet, maybe the most popular. It didn't fail because it was a secret, and I'm overstating that. It was made purposefully hard to find on RT's main page, but if you already knew about it, then it was easy to get to.

Anyway, it failed because they kept reformatting it, which would cause bugs and glitches, and at one point deleted it for months before bringing it back. Posters got sick of it and migrated elsewhere.
Glad you enjoyed it but it still sounds terrible. RottenTomatoes the site is pretty terrible, not gonna bring up the common complaints because you've obviously heard them a million times before but yeah bad site IMO. Pretty useful but equally awful.

Hopefully you post here regularly now Blix because i've enjoyed your posts.

Glad you enjoyed it but it still sounds terrible. RottenTomatoes the site is pretty terrible, not gonna bring up the common complaints because you've obviously heard them a million times before but yeah bad site IMO. Pretty useful but equally awful.
Well the forums were the only thing I ever liked about Rotten Tomatoes, the main site is horrible and has only gotten worse. Hell, half of the so-called "critics" in their aggregate are glorified bloggers who wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them. Some of them don't even care about the film's quality, only what they perceive to be its socio-political themes/messages. If it fits their own personal ideology, fresh, if it offends them, rotten. Ridiculous
Hopefully you post here regularly now Blix because i've enjoyed your posts.
Thanks, and ditto

Fair enough. I thought the forum would have some connection/support to the site but if you guys just talked about movies indepedently of the site then fair enough.

Yeah. It was always a wild west show over there, but if you could handle the heat it was fun. Someone there recommended this place as an excellent movie forum so I'm here to give it a whirl! Thanks moderators for the chance!

Yeah. It was always a wild west show over there, but if you could handle the heat it was fun. Someone there recommended this place as an excellent movie forum so I'm here to give it a whirl! Thanks moderators for the chance!
An idea for Yoda: Mark all the recent refugee's so we can bully them and later place them into Ban Camps.

That or hopefully they stop constantly drawing attention to themselves for some reason.

An idea for Yoda: Mark all the recent refugee's so we can bully them and later place them into Ban Camps.

That or hopefully they stop constantly drawing attention to themselves for some reason.

Sorry. I shouldn't have said anything, I guess. Maybe this forum will be better for more members? Maybe not...