IMDB to shut down...

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LMAO @ Lamb. And oh god, I could go for a burrito for breakfast.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
IMDB continues to become a horrid shrill of its former self.

They've gutted the user reviews section to the point of it being almost impossible to navigate. Before I could easily sort and filter reviews to love it/ hate it, chronological and more. Now I barely know where to look. I can barely find my own damn reviews on the site.

I use to visit the site everyday, now I'll barely visit it once a week. I think I'll stop posting reviews there and voting for films in general.

Suspect's Reviews

I noticed that two days ago, IMDB's 'new and improved' movie review section had became useless!

They call it Ordered By: Helpfulness. Unless I'm missing something I can't even see how to sort the reviews like I use to (Love It...Hate It...Popularity...Chronological).

I use to go there and read the Love It, then read the Hate it reviews, which gave me a broad view of the film's strengths and weaknesses.

Now the reviews area, looks like a corporate weasel move to limit information, while making the movie look as good as possible. I'm sure Hollywood is happy with the dumbing down of IMDB reviews!

Screw IMDB and Long Live MoFo!

Now the reviews area, looks like a corporate weasel move to limit information, while making the movie look as good as possible. I'm sure Hollywood is happy with the dumbing down of IMDB reviews!

Screw IMDB and Long Live MoFo!
That was the fear when the CEO posted his letter to members. Smazck Smack no more bad reviews; our paying customers are crybabies/

That was the fear when the CEO posted his letter to members. Smazck Smack no more bad reviews; our paying customers are crybabies/
I can't believe more MoFos haven't noticed the poor design of the new IMDB review page. It makes me appreciate the way the MoFo review pages work, MoFo's is so much better.

The only time i ever really used IMDB was for Lost theories back in the day. I always hated the design and the way their message boards are. Letterboxd is a much better site for rating and reviewing movies.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can't believe more MoFos haven't noticed the poor design of the new IMDB review page. It makes me appreciate the way the MoFo review pages work, MoFo's is so much better.
I agree. I'd frequent the reviews pages a lot. Not anymore. I just wish MOFO had more reviews to go off of. A lot of times it's one or two and the one is usually IRO.

I agree. I'd frequent the reviews pages a lot. Not anymore. I just wish MOFO had more reviews to go off of. A lot of times it's one or two and the one is usually IRO.
I've copied all of my IMDB reviews, though I have less than 10, and will post them here when I get a chance, then I will delete them from IMDB. I think I'll delete my IMDB account too. I mean all it was good for was their discussion boards, now gone...and reviews, now screwed up. I don't need an account to look at their site.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
YouTube and Hotmail changed their layout -- it's almost not clickable.. I can't explain it using computer jargon, but it's awful.

By the time people get used to the new layout, they'll be changing it again.... IMDB and AOL (chat rooms) really dug their own graves.. If only they'd listen to their customers.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Btw, if you were a fan of reading each movie's message board, some guy I know from IMDB set up a new page, with all of that saved.. PM me if you want the URL.

It's dreadful. I went in this morning to look at reviews for Jackie. Walked straight back out again. Will be staying here in future - I agree this set up is much better, and with a smaller user base yo0u actually get an idea of how people rate.

They fixed their Reviews section so that you can now sort them as you like. This is for the mobile app. Haven’t tried the desktop site yet.
I just checked with a desktop, I couldn't find anyway to sort them. Someone else with a PC check it out and post back.

Unregistered User
I just checked with a desktop, I couldn't find anyway to sort them. Someone else with a PC check it out and post back.

Yeah you can sort the reviews on mobile but there's no other option on desktop, that I can see anyway. Just sits at.... Ordered By: Helpfulness

Before you know it, they'll charge you tons of money like Photobucket.