Show us your winter gear

Tools    

It's December, and for a lot of us, that means clearing out the drawers full of shorts, and making room for flannel shirts, long underwear, and other such things. I just played my last softball game on Sunday (the playoffs were delayed several weeks), so I can finally re-organize and make room.

I didn't want to buy a bunch of new winter gear until I was pretty sure the weight was gonna stay off for awhile, but I finally went ahead and bought a few new items that I'll probably be wearing a lot over the next couple of months. This arrived yesterday:

Big ol' down coat. It's not the most flattering thing, but it should do the trick when scraping off the car or walking the dog in January.

And these should be coming on Thursday:

Part of me's almost looking forward to the first really cold day, because I can literally wear, on top: a long-sleeve shirt, a t-shirt over that, a fleece-lined flannel shirt over that, a microfleece jacket over that, a thick hoodie over THAT, and then the down coat. I'm curious to see whether or not I can actually make myself sweat in subzero temperatures.

Little less insane below, but long underwear and flannel-lined jeans should be pretty darn warm.

What about you guys? New coats? Old standbys that have lasted you a bunch of winters already? Crazy layering/trusted boots?

Also, if you live in California or in a tropical climate or something and it never gets hold, please do not reply to tell me that, because I will probably try to murder you.

Personally am not at all keen on trousers where both legs are not identical but fair play to you Yoda, I imagine it takes a brave man to pull that look off Maybe a pic of you wearing them once they've arrived might convince me otherwise

They're identical, one of them's just rolled up in that picture to show the flannel lining.
Oh well in that case they're lovely then

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
All I added this year were Forney gloves.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	41D8YVaYCVL._SX300_.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	28783  

Snowstorm bump!

I wore all three of the things in the original post today in to work. More than warm enough, if a little bulky.

There is obviously something kind of cozy about being forced to layer up. Kinda beats those ~35 degree days where I'm trying to look at the wind chill and sky and figure out if I'd rather be a little too warm walking the dog with another layer, or a little too cold at first with one fewer. At least today I know: wear it all.

One thing I've found that's super valuable, though, is a really heavy-duty hoodie. I've got a few of those American Giant ones, and they're ridiculous. Thick (even in the hood), tough, great for layering, or for replacing a coat when it's not as cold.

All that said, I can't wait to stop wearing all of it. Except the hoodie. I'm going to miss the pockets.

A system of cells interlinked

A system of cells interlinked
I just want you to know I gave you that rep before I'd scrolled down enough to see the Patriots hat.

They hate us 'cause they ain't us!!

FIVE rings, mister!!!

I was going to start a new thread about MoFo's experiences of current weather conditions or a Joseph Gordon-Levitt bio-pic from last year about a very controversial person... but instead of wasting ever more time & space, I'll post the title here:

SNOWED IN or SNOWDEN?

Oh, this is great. I'm a clothes whore.

I bought a bunch of these, in different colors and styles, to wear under shorts, skirts, and even pants, if it's cold enough. They really help with keeping my legs warm . . .

These are great for keeping your legs warm, as well . . .

I also have a huge hat box full of different styled black scarves, wraps, gloves and hats.

I have the coolest big black cape that my mother made years ago, and a gorgeous black coat. I'll snag photos later.

I also love wearing men's flannel shirts, big sweaters, boxers with those tights underneath, and men's flannel pajamas.

Also, at some point in my life, I want to own boots like these . . .

It's probably pretty obvious, but my favorite color to wear, has always been black.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Destiny, I just melted! Remind me when my part of the world gets to winter.

Winter gear? My gear is everyday gear, just normal clothes xD

with the occasional gloves. And scarf. And boots. Damn it's freezing here!

I was going to start a new thread about MoFo's experiences of current weather conditions or a Joseph Gordon-Levitt bio-pic from last year about a very controversial person... but instead of wasting ever more time & space, I'll post the title here:

SNOWED IN or SNOWDEN?

its a shame I wasn't on when hurricane Matthew hit Florida last year, I was outside taking video and posting it to Facebook for the people who'd never seen one before.. it was kind of fun and semi kept my mind off staying in a mandatory evacuation zone to ride it out