Movie Forums Recipes

Tools    

lol um this ones a bit strange but yeah!
u can use pasta, rice, potatoes or meat!
whatever marinara sauce u like! heat it up I usually make it from a packet so I use a family size can of tomatoes then add 3 cloves of garlic chopped then minced. add spices (better if u get them fresh and pick them out urself go by smell, u'll get better at it!) and mushrooms let that heat then add brown sugar, real maple syrup, and orange juice! yes I said orange juice lol! about an oz of each, heat like 10 minutes on like medium heat or until it all fuses together than pour over what ever you choose!
I made this for my brother over potatoes and meatless sausages he loved it! had no idea he was eating veggie style!! I love him heh!!!

Bumping an old thread
First time I've done this...

Homemade Chilli:

750g Minced Beef

1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tin Chickpeas
1 Tin Cannellini Beans (White Kidney Beans) - I use these as they don't go chalky like Dark Kidney Beans when they're reheated
1 Tin Haricot Beans (Baked Beans without the crappy orangey-coloured tomato sauce)

1 Large Onion
2 Garlic Cloves

Cholula Hot Sauce, add to taste.
1 heaped teaspoon of Chilli Flakes

1 heaped table spoon of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 heaped table spoon of Turmeric
1 heaped table spoon of Paprika
1 heaped table spoon of Cumin Seeds
6 Whole Cloves (those little black things)
1 level tablespoon of Ground Coriander (optional, Coriander is a strange herb)

2 Veggie OXO Cubes
2 Beef OXO Cubes

*Rice or Pasta*

Put the mince in a high sided pan, add freshly boiled water until the mince is basically covered by the water. Make it look way too watery.
Also add the Cloves and the Ground Pepper.
Boil until the mince is completely cooked through and the water combined with the meat juices is basically now a gravy. If it's a bit too watery, keep going until the water has reduced a little.

Add the Chilli Flakes, Cumin, Turmeric and Paprika, mix together well... and the juices should now be coming together like a sort of curry sauce.

Add the tinned tomatoes, chickpeas, cannellini beans and haricot beans (be sure to have rinsed the beans and peas first)... stir together and leave on just below boiling point for approximately 10 minutes.
Stir occasionally and be sure the juices are not becoming too thick. If so, add a touch of hot water from kettle.

*At this point, put rice or pasta on the boil*

Now add the Cholula Hot Sauce (add to taste) and the Onions, Garlic and all of the OXO Cubes... if needed add a touch of water... and keep on that just-below-boiling heat for another 10 minutes.
Still keep an eye on it to be sure it's not going too thick and gloopy, or keep going so it can reduce more if it's a bit thin.

By the time the rice/pasta is cooked and ready, the chilli too should be at the right consistency.
Now add the Coriander (if you like it) and serve.

The turmeric, being a natural preservative, will allow the chilli to be kept in the fridge for up to 8 days. Plus it adds colour and flavour.
Recipe needs no frying, or adding of oil or grease so it's healthy.
I use the Cholula Hot Sauce because it adds a not-uncomfortable spicy kick that compliments the Chilli Flakes, and also a "sweet" acidity that binds the other spices.

Rodent Chilli