MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2012 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Just for general non-trade jibber-jabber.

Was agonizing over who to start today; have four SPs going, a couple that might not warrant a start so early in the year, and with that many going I'd have to bench a reliever or two. Asked Lady C; she told me to play Jimenez and bench Colon for Aceves.

So far, Jimenez: five perfect innings.

I married well.

Don't I know it.

That bum Jimenez gave up a walk, so now he's only got a no-hitter going through six. Dude's gonna have a red strip of paper waiting for him in his locker.

Took a gamble on David Wright mostly returning to his first-rounder form. David starts strong. David hitting ball well. Gamble looking great.

David slides. David hurts pinky finger. Chris sad.

Ol' Chipper Jones has been the 3rd baseman for the Atlanta Braves, and this is his last year. I see his stats last year were better than Mike Aviles, and I do the sentimental manuever of dropping the SS for the Boston Red Sox, who actually has shown great batting at times, for a 41 year old physically banged up from 23 years of baseball and had surgery within the last few weeks.

Aviles sprains his ankle, and Chipper hits a homer. Unbelievable! Someone on my squad hit a homer! Less than 1 week of the fantasy baseball season or not, I was getting worried because Im dead last in home runs. Tonight Kinsler hit a dinger, and my new Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz did too.

The Rays pulled the ultimate upset on Detroit today. Detroit was winning 2-0, and Verlander was completely owning Tampa, he had 81 pitches in 8 innings. Top of the ninth everything started clicking. Jeff Keppinger, a player only fantasy baseball coaches know exist, started the rally. Then Desmond Jennings singled, Verlander uncorked a wild pitch that walked Pena allowing Keppinger to score the Rays' first run. Evan Longoria then singled to left, driving home Jennings to tie the score and chase Verlander.

They took Verlander out of the game, and Zobrist worked the count against Valverde to 3-2, then got a single to drive home Pena and Longo to put the Rays ahead, 4-2. Whew!

Btw Sedai Ill give you Jacoby Ellsbury & Brandon Morrow for Longo. (Just had to throw that out there )

I knew one of those bad hits you took was Joel Peralta. My poor Rays just got decimated by the Red Sox Just a merciless, unending, bitchslapping. Boston was ahead 4-1, and then they went into a hitting spaz in the bottom of the 8th. Frickin Kelly Shoppach stole a base?! Shoppach!? He who was our catcher last year, and today had the best hitting game of his career! It was the ugliest stolen base I'd ever seen though

This is the best video I could find on it. Get 30 seconds in and you get a good angle....

I love that his slide has two distinct acts. He slides, like, six feet short of the bag, gets back up, and then falls forward, tagging second base with his face.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
i dont know, but maybe next year you might consider espns hybrid setup. its h2h, but is point based.

happy medium perhaps.

I would be interested next year in doing one of those auction roto leagues. Any fantasy shematic that involves haggling and bidding...... well Im all for it.

Now Brian Wilsons out. Thats 6 on the DL now - Wilson, Michael Pineda, Drew Storen, Doug Fister, Farnsworth (but I requested that), and Jacoby Ellsbury. Feel like Im in a disaster flick. My options are limited now since my bench is more like a stretcher.

Longoria....I cant afford to get ya' now lad!

Turns out David Wright is not only okay after all (whew), but he's also pretty awesome at hitting the baseball again. Still early, but that bet on the dude returning to borderline first-round form is looking decent.

Doug Fister. Bah! Of all the DL guys I had, I went and dropped the one starter who really will be back in 2 weeks. Oh! Now hes on PWs Roid team. Gah! ChrisPW Im gonna nab Jair Jurgens and watch him throw 3 no hitters in a row! hmph

Im not too upset. Nabbed some good keepers on the waiver wire, and right now theyre better than my 2 big starters Price & Moore. Oh I hope Price shuts down the Jays tonight. Fricking we need to light Brandon Morrow up!

Btw...who is Anibal Sanchez?