Mentally ill MoFos

Tools    

Be careful of the Ambien. I took them when I was about 18, and I had a tendency to want to drink alcohol, which is horrible. But even without alcohol, you feel like flying, and people have done some crazy stuff. Remember Ted Kennedy's son was pulled over at 4am, and he told the cop he was going to vote..

Good tips, CR.... Lately, I've been falling asleep pretty well. I think I got at least 7-8 hours every day this week. When the sleep hits you, drop everything and go to bed. Also, I've been imagining, fantasizing, and instead of writing it down, I start to think about scenarios as I'm going to bed, and it's been working.

If I didn't have to pee, I'm sure I could sleep a lot more. For a few weeks I cut everything except water, and instead of waking up at 3am to take a leak, it would be more like 6am, and then because I slept 6 hours straight instead of 3, I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so I went back to drinking a ton of Dr. Pepper and Vernors.
Ha-ha! I always feel like voting whenever I've taken Ambien (unfortunately, for some reason the public school gymnasium is always closed at 4:00 am!)

Foster was right that drugs effect people differently. I've known a lot of people who either pass out or sleep really well from alcohol. But I've always found that alcohol effects my sleep negatively - it will make me feel more lethargic & fatigued, but I won't fall quickly asleep, and if (or when) I do fall asleep, it is a restless sleep and I'll wake up multiple times.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I can't/won't drink anymore. My body just hates it, so I hate it

I also notice a few beers really messing up my sleep, stomach/guts, headache, having to urinate, feeling nauseated for a couple of days. But at 18, 19, I drank myself to sleep... I'm almost 34, I had enough... Don't need it. I've wanted to drink though, to see how it would affect music and writing. Today I did a lot of work under the influence of Xanax. Gives me a kind of relaxed energy, a clean looseness, no hangover, and usually close to 8 hours of sleep.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
is homosexuality a mental illness?
That depends on who your sensei was and on whether his teachings were radical or not. To simplify, only if it's learned and permanently stuck in flamer mode. Part of the illness could come from sitting in a closet. Solitary confinement is not for everyone.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I jerk off an insane amount. Does that count?
Married life.

Read this the other day, wonder if radiation from reactors has an impotence effect...

Survey: Nearly Half of Japanese Couples Live in Sexless Marriages
http://www.newsweek.com/nearly-half-...y-finds-556549

Oh, and by the way, it's all because of @TheUsualSuspect.

He literally drove me insane with his alt accounts. I thought he was trying to kill me. Eventually, I thought YOU ALL were trying to kill me.
Did you think I was trying to kill you too, SC? If so how (I'm so curious).

Make believe your me, then make believe I'm OJ and tell us (even though I didn't) how I would have done it IF I DID IT!

Yes. I thought you were @TheUsualSuspect under an alt account (as Captain Steel) and that this forum was some kind of sick game of his that he ran. I thought @Yoda was the same thing, with the same reasoning behind it. Suspect really messed me up with his alt accounts.
Did your therapist provide any insight on how these theories may have come about in your head?

Was there any clues or evidence you saw that would seem to suggest random posters were the same people?

And let's say you were correct - say there are only 10 member here all posing as a hundred different people... so what? How would that drive you insane? I might view it as strange or silly or immature, or it would make me decide to leave the site, finding out that every member was out to deceive each other (beyond the normal extents we all subconsciously do that anyway), but I can't say it would make me feel insane - it might make me think those 20 people had problems.

But then (I am no way getting down on you) applying the way my brain might work at times is not fair to compare with someone who bravely admits they have mental problems. Although we can probably relate and commiserate on certain levels, I do not suffer from the same problems you do and probably don't process things the same way at the same times.

@Sexy Celebrity

Not everyone is sane... everyone has problems... look at me!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
It's just it's been really hard dealing with it this past year, dealing with the forum and it.

After all the scary incidents, I tried to just stay the Hell away.

I'm a lot more nervous and afraid of things now. Less trusting.
Definitely concentrate on making your real life better

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Maybe it was seven cops, not like I like to revisit the lowest point in my life.

I would say I'm mentally ill, sane and relatively functional all at the same time.

First I've been a drug addict for decades - that's got to put me in the mentally ill category right there (doesn't it? or do I have a "disease"?)
I'm not an alcoholic as I'm so far beyond alcohol that I only view it as an accoutrement to drugs (alcohol is like a nice hor devours, but by itself it satisfies my desire for an altered state, the way an hor devour might satisfy a ravenous hunger).

Next I've got my neurosis, minor compulsions (the funny thing with my rituals, compulsions and little idiosyncrasies is they always have very intricate and logical reasons behind them and when I explain them to people they're usually amazed - some even adopt the habits. I always say I never do anything with a really good reason - and it's true).

I have my minor social phobias, fetishes and things that make me eccentric. Ego problems are probably my worst area - low self-esteem, being unassertive and reclusive, hating crowds and feeling that dealing with various social conventions and complexities are not worth the potential "good time" that might be had in a successful pursuit of them. Always trying to make deals with God & the universe and then feeling let down when my sacrifice goes unrewarded, knowing I have a very high I.Q. while apparently facing the reality that I have no idea how to utilize it in any practical way (like toward finding a good job, having a career, building success, avoiding various problems in life).

So, does all this add up to me being mentally ill?

I'd love to analyze my brother - he's truly mentally ill with some of the biggies that makes him still functional to an extent, but completely dysfunctional in many areas.

@Sexy Celebrity

I have a lot of issues but I'm not comfortable airing them out in public. I know I have many diagnoses of mental illness. Sometimes I have to keep things to myself. I have a big problem with trusting someone so I keep it all in. I don't even trust a therapist.

Wow, @Captain Steel.

So you are still a drug user?
Oh yes - but the time of dread and withdrawal is right around the corner as I just ran out (and it's not like I have a Huggy Bear dealer in the park I can go find). My dealer is my doctor and once I run out I have to wait a half a year to get a refill without being accused of exhibiting "drug seeking behavior")

The funny thing (not funny actually) is how every time I get a new stock of drugs I have this long serious talk with myself about how I'm not going to squander or waste them this time - I'll only indulge on the weekend (like I did when I first began abusing), that way I'll have something to look forward to, and they'll last for months that way (imagine having a stock that lasts for months)... and then invariably I say it won't hurt to celebrate by starting off with just one, then the next day (hey I only took one so far, and two would really give me the good feeling I used to get, and I still have plenty... and so it goes the next day and the next, sometimes taking one, or one and a half, or two.) Before I know it, less then 2 weeks later and the entire bottle is gone - then the depression sets in and the creeping withdrawals begin.

I've found a huge part about drugs isn't the getting high (as once you've built up tolerance you stand around wondering if you're even feeling it), but it's about looking forward to something. It's the anticipation that becomes the high, but then the compulsion to take them and ultimately use them up, kills even the aspect of anticipation. It's a vicious circle.

@MovieGal

I do recommend finding a good therapist. Everyone could benefit from one, not just the mentally ill. I just saw mine again today.
I know therapist isn't supposed to divulge anything I say to them to anyone unless its to hurt myself or someone else but I can't do it... I don't trust. I can't trust.

Percocet. Oxycodone is my preference. I'd take Vicodin if I could get some - at first I thought Vidodin was much more subtle then Percocet, but then found it's subtleties very attractive. I always liked the decription in side-effects, "An enhanced feeling of well being" - a perfect description. For about 2 hours, my constant low-level tension & anxiety take a back seat as everything becomes much more interesting (makes me wonder if this is what normal perception is like for normal people who don't have non-stop anxiety eating away at their soul?)

I take Tramadol (if I can ever get it from anyone) for a pick-me-up: makes me feel like I've had many cups of coffee - wish I could find something like this that isn't a drug yet nothing natural seems to have the same effect.

Recently discovered Ambien - full blown high before bed - kind of like drunk, but much more fun and without all the ill effects of alcohol (but you've got to be careful with the memory loss). Plus you sleep all night through a nearly perfect sleep.

Smoked pot in the olden days which, as an artist, I loved it's creative and enhancing effects - everything tastes better, feels better, movies are more interesting, sleep better, it's a natural aphrodesiac! (The only thing I had trouble with was reading after getting stoned - comic books were cool - extra cool in fact, but reading regular books just seemed too much a strain, whereas I love reading on pain killers!)

But, whereas I'm fully functional on Percocet, pot had to be reserved for private times as I couldn't function socially or appear sober after using it (and you have the unhealthy aspect of carcinogens from smoking it).
Now they're saying Pot is a treatment for heroin addiction (of which is Oxycodone is a form) - hey I'd trade it all for Pot again!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I would say I'm mentally ill, sane and relatively functional all at the same time.

First I've been a drug addict for decades - that's got to put me in the mentally ill category right there (doesn't it? or do I have a "disease"?)
I'm not an alcoholic as I'm so far beyond alcohol that I only view it as an accoutrement to drugs (alcohol is like a nice hor devours, but by itself it satisfies my desire for an altered state, the way an hor devour might satisfy a ravenous hunger).

Next I've got my neurosis, minor compulsions (the funny thing with my rituals, compulsions and little idiosyncrasies is they always have very intricate and logical reasons behind them and when I explain them to people they're usually amazed - some even adopt the habits. I always say I never do anything with a really good reason - and it's true).

I have my minor social phobias, fetishes and things that make me eccentric. Ego problems are probably my worst area - low self-esteem, being unassertive and reclusive, hating crowds and feeling that dealing with various social conventions and complexities are not worth the potential "good time" that might be had in a successful pursuit of them. Always trying to make deals with God & the universe and then feeling let down when my sacrifice goes unrewarded, knowing I have a very high I.Q. while apparently facing the reality that I have no idea how to utilize it in any practical way (like toward finding a good job, having a career, building success, avoiding various problems in life).

So, does all this add up to me being mentally ill?

I don't think it's all or nothing. It's not like "Ok, if you have ONE more idiosyncrasy, then it's a problem"... I have my own, do things my own way, and as mentioned later, half the fun (and half the horror) is looking forward to something. I've been an addict of multiple things my entire adult life, only taking breaks by leaving the continent, but I usually found something.. Isn't that funny -- I can go to a country and find the dealers, but the cops can't? (another business...)

I'm prescribed 3mg of xanax every night, and again with the Norcos, it's having something to look forward to every couple hours, and then in between, ruining the "buzz" with candies, etc... I look at it as a survival thing, just like when I come here to talk about movies, one of a few things I'm passionate about. I think that's why I've never tried to hide anything or lie, because even movie tastes say something about a person, and when describing them, it's impossible NOT to show parts of me.. Lately though, I might have either become more content, or realizing this is the way life is, not necessarily what you're doing, but how you feel inside most of the time. I might not have typed this out if I didn't wake up at 4:30am (I ate the greasiest burger yesterday). In the last few years, I've discovered that being alone, staying at home, working at home, not spending any money (to save time), music, movies, comedy, and chat is the best it's gonna be from here on out.

18 years ago, I took ambien, and I believe Roseanne (lol)... I just felt I was floating, and would have urges to drink alcohol - I once broke a bottle of corkscrew wine on the driveway to drink at 3am.. I once had the greatest urge to go gambling, but I knew better somehow. After a month, I noticed if I didn't fall asleep within an hour, I'd be delirious all night, so I quit that. With xanax, I'm relaxed.. I have legitimate pain, and although going to doctors can be a pain (lol), I guess that amount of energy is little compared to the amount it gives me to function and to do daily things, cleaning up and taking care of things, as I live alone... I smoke pot all day long (those are my big 3, although I used to be very addicted to oxycontin, but they weren't around when I got back from Australia) and wouldn't trade the euphoria for anything, so no regrets.... When the moment is mundane, I throw some smoke on it, knowing I'll have a warm embrace, although the two combined take away from each other..... My doctor once prescribed me Tramadol, and it worked at first, but then I remember driving at not hallucinating, but pretty close, and threw them all in the toilet..... I think if a person can get the same results by eating well, exercising, etc., do THAT! I've heard from my doctor about possible changes to pain management, so keep that in mind (withdrawals), which can be scary at times, but it's out of my control, but I'd rather suffer and have my freedom from Johnny Law (first time I've used that term).

I've enjoyed reading you, because you don't come off as a xerox. I like original people. You know, I've noticed when a majority have these nuances, it's quite alright, but the majority is usually wrong a majority of the time, and I think each person knows themselves better than anyone else... I'm hedonistic, I avoid pain if I can, and try to get as much pleasure as I can to stay alive.