Sooo...I'm Transgender!!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Nah, I'm only sensitive to smell at certain times: for instance, early in the morning.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nice review, Cap. I'm not sure if Hopper or the author of the fictionalised account were implying Dissociative Personality Disorder or depicting how trans people were dealt with by doctors back then (thus the two scenes which I found pretty horrifying 1. the diagnosis and 2. the shock therapy), but I did see a trans person on TDG board say it is a mental disorder in his opinion. that is not my opinion, just recounting.

The end I found sad but beautiful. Not a downer ending.

Reading about them after the movie what was really sad was Gerda ended up marrying a scam artist who diddled her and she ended up living a broke, lonely existence, painting postcards. Tragic.

Nah, I'm only sensitive to smell at certain times: for instance, early in the morning.
hey have you ever heard the saying 'go and blow the stink off yourself'? We all wake up with bed smell. I say it to my dogs and my husband, or I will say to him 'I'm going to the bathroom to blow the stink of myself'. That'[s normal.

The Danish Girl: I'd have to agree. I ended up feeling more sad for Gerda than anything else - she just seemed to continually get the short end of the stick (no pun intended).

Not sure how to take the aspect that the film seemed to present Einar / Lili's case almost as a Multiple Personality Disorder as much or more so than a transgender issue (very evident in the scene where Gerda is asking Lili if she can speak to Einar, and Lili refuses to relinquish control of Einar's body for Einar to speak). And people with MPD often have alternate personalities with different genders. Lili even speaks of thoughts to "kill" Einar - which is another common symptom of MPD - where a more aggressive personality seeks dominance over the others and even contemplates ways to destroy them. MPD still is not classified as a lifestyle or orientation, but as a serious mental illness that falls under Schizophrenia.

So I got the impression that the film wasn't really "helping" transgendered people by presenting Lili as a case of potential MPD. It's sad ending almost made it feel like a warning film. Good performances, though, by the leads.
I whole heartedly agree. The film is a fine example of SC's opinion that "transgender" is hip/popular/fashionable at the moment: big companies cashing in on the movement. But the idea that people are transitioning because it's the chic/cool thing to do? Man, pass whatever strain he's smoking on.

hey have you ever heard the saying 'go and blow the stink off yourself'? We all wake up with bed smell. I say it to my dogs and my husband, or I will say to him 'I'm going to the bathroom to blow the stink of myself'. That'[s normal.
You asked if I was sensitive to smell. I wasn't referring to just my body odor there. There's been many times over my life that I've blown chunks or gotta close to it because of something I smelled: perfume, food, etc.

yeah don't worry about that, kendra. A couple of us debunked that one.

You asked if I was sensitive to smell. I wasn't referring to just my body odor there. There's been many times over my life that I've blown chunks or gotta close to it because of something I smelled: perfume, food, etc.
I understand. It's happened to me at the gym when someone stinks of bathing in perfume, tobacco, or sour BO. Makes me want to vomit. And these days, despite being a coffee addict, when I see my local barista in the morning and the coffee grounds are extra strong I practically faint. Really hits my senses.

When I lived in the country the coffee house under the cinema would roast coffee on a friday and saturday night. Jaysus. Get me outta here. I sold my house and moved back to Sydney.

I recall that as a saying from my parents' generation - usually referring to going for a ride in the car in good weather, with the windows open or top down. "C'mon, let's go for a ride - blow the stink off yourself."

How many times are you going to stomp off with a scarf flick then return, matey?

Scarf flick

Lady, I am just fine being a man. Does anyone honestly think I'd be happy transitioning to a woman? .
Did anyone ever suggest otherwise? You just like being obtuse and turning everything into a Me Me Me thing.

Gratuitous bump for kendra. Re that article, I will say that if any Mofos want to come on down for mardi gras, too late at this time to book a hotel for a vantage point. I'm pretty sure they book out a few years in advance. It's a very big tourist attraction.

http://www.momondo.com.au/inspiratio...6vlcvGZFIk8.97

Update: I had Yoda close this thread because he felt--respectfully--that the thread might begin to be a bother to *ME* (i.e. he cared about my feelings). At first I disagreed when he offered to close it but it did get to be too much so I asked him to close it.

So basically, if you're not here to support me or ask questions in a respectful manner, then I'm just gunna ignore ya. Mmk?

Moved from The Mofo Support Group:

I think the greatest change thus far is feeling more in tune emotionally. For instance, I had supressed my emotions for so long that I didn't feel anything outside of happiness or anger: I used to cry a LOT when I was younger but "boys don't cry" so I had basically lost it. And what was bad about that was it made me feel dead but I don't feel that way anymore: I cry, I giggle, and I feel alive.

Well, I just finished my first month of HRT (hormone replacement therapy), and I honestly can say that I haven't felt this happy since my senior year of college (back in 2011). Things are going really well and the stuff that has already started changing has done wonders to relieve my gender dysphoria.

My skin & hair has gotten softer and my body is producing considerably less sebum and sweat; my pee is starting to smell different; and the little bit of muscle I had before starting HRT has started to get mushy, which means I've gotten noticeably weaker.

Using spoiler tags for the more intimate stuff, so if you don't want to read that stuff just stop here:

WARNING: "McClane's naughty bits" spoilers below
My chest has started developing but it's not easily noticed, and it's primarily my nipples and areolas that have started to change. When feeling my chest, though, I can tell that the muscle has gotten squishy and there is the beginnings of development. It will probably be quite awhile before my chest starts any type of jiggling.

So erections went away fairly quick and it's pretty much impossible for me to get one now unless I put a lot of effort into it, which is perfectly fine by mean because I f***ing hated it I got one. The whole gential area has greater sensitivity and it is softer, too: testicles have gotten jelly like and spend most of their time up in my inguinal canal or just below it. Yay for no more low hanging!!

John, this is just a technical question, but didn't you start a thread devoted to your personal journey? It was a thread I found quite interesting and I'm just wondering why you didn't post this there?
I'll tell ya why...

I feel like that post I just read about Kendra's transformations belongs in the Sci-Fi Countdown thread.
Aren't your hand muscles getting all mushy, though?

Basically, the thread got hijacked/out of hand/off topic/crazy...so I had Yoda close it.

I have a question and if this is too personal, no problem if you prefer to not answer. This came up on the danish girl board a while back and made me curious. As a trans woman how do you identify your sexuality eg are you attracted to men, women or both (or even neither) and how do you identify that? eg if a trans woman is attracted to women does she regard herself as a lesbian?

I hope that makes sense.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I have a question and if this is too personal, no problem if you prefer to not answer. This came up on the danish girl board a while back and made me curious. As a trans woman how do you identify your sexuality eg are you attracted to men, women or both (or even neither) and how do you identify that? eg if a trans woman is attracted to women does she regard herself as a lesbian?

I hope that makes sense.
You know what? One thing that always boggled me was when men feel attracted to other men that dress and act like women.

I would ask my self "wouldn't it be a lot easier to just feel attracted to a woman?" but it isn't as simple as that.