The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

Monster is better, but I had to quit(e) that because it has something in it that makes me manic.
Something that makes you turn into... a monster perhaps.

Sorry, my energy level is low. Doesn't help with all this energy drink talk dammit.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Well i have had the worst news ever lately. My mum was taken into hospital lately as she was ill. Fast forward a few days and we have been told she is dieing and only has a few days left to live. Words can't describe how i feel right now.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Well i have had the worst news ever lately. My mum was taken into hospital lately as she was ill. Fast forward a few days and we have been told she is dieing and only has a few days left to live. Words can't describe how i feel right now.
Oh my god. I'm so sorry, don't even want to think about what that would be like. You'll be in my thoughts.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Bloody hell. So sorry, Optimus. Thinking of you your mum and your family right now.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Oh my god. I'm so sorry, don't even want to think about what that would be like. You'll be in my thoughts.
Thanks mate. Trying so hard to stay strong that it just felt good sharing it with others. I know everyone experiences a loss in there life at some point, so thought maybe someone may have shared a similar experience.

Optimus, thinking about you luv. I've been there too, if you need anyone to talk to please pm me. Stay strong, but always have someone you can open up to, tough time, my heart goes out to you
X

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You just have to go through it, but if she's up to it, try to share some of your fave pictures and talk about happier days together.

Jeepers , so so sorry to hear that. You'll be in our thoughts.

I know what you're going through. Under similar circumstances my dad passed away last month. On the last visit to the hospital, after tests that revealed he had metastasized cancers throughout his body, in addition to a bunch of other problems, they advised us to put him on palliative care.

They say euthanasia isn't legal, but what I saw on his last day - taking him off all support and putting him on a morphine drip that slowly stopped his breathing as we stood there - was pretty much euthanasia.

You're in my prayers.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I know what you're going through. Under similar circumstances my dad passed away last month. On the last visit to the hospital, after tests that revealed he had metastasized cancers throughout his body, in addition to a bunch of other problems, they advised us to put him on palliative care.

They say euthanasia isn't legal, but what I saw on his last day - taking him off all support and putting him on a morphine drip that slowly stopped his breathing as we stood there - was pretty much euthanasia.

You're in my prayers.
My mum is under palliative care now. So tough seeing everything she's going through.

My mum is under palliative care now. So tough seeing everything she's going through.
Has your mum been having health problems for a while?

There aren't many words of comfort I can offer, just that if you've done your best then you've done all you could and the rest is out of your hands. Been dealing with a sense of guilt over my feelings of relief (like being relieved isn't respectful or an appropriate reaction when you're supposed to be grieving and your relatives around you are grieving). But when someone has suffered for a long time and no longer has a quality of life, then the end can be a relief for those who are powerless to ease their loved one's pain and can only watch.

Damn I'm so sorry to hear this bud.
I near lost my mum on Christmas Eve.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family, Op.

Sometimes I wish there was a reset button that could just erase everything and restart the body, mind and soul so you'd feel the best ever...

For a long time I feel like I've been stuck in a loop. And for each round I get more tired and for each round I bump into something new that puts additional weight on me until this repeats itself again and again. Sometimes I look back to those days where you had no worries and felt like you could do anything and whatever you were doing right then and now was just the best.

Sometimes I wish there was a reset button that could just erase everything and restart the body, mind and soul so you'd feel the best ever...

For a long time I feel like I've been stuck in a loop. And for each round I get more tired and for each round I bump into something new that puts additional weight on me until this repeats itself again and again. Sometimes I look back to those days where you had no worries and felt like you could do anything and whatever you were doing right then and now was just the best.
I think we do have that ability to a certain extent, but most of us just don't know how to harness it.

The misconception we become conditioned to accept is that we cannot change (because we become addicted to the sense of safety provided by inertia, routine & predictability, while becoming more afraid of moving into the randomness & risk of the unknown) - when the reality is that changing, growing and evolving is exactly what we're designed to do.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I know that I will not provide much information (that is details), but I just need some good word, or an advice how to stop thinking in such a pessimistic way.

Okay, so today I had a medical test whose result will be very important. Now, I had this kind of a test before and the results were good, but today I was asked by the nurse when I had my previous test (I know, it's nothing, but it somehow got stuck in my mind) and, most importantly, when I was leaving and said "goodbye" she said something along the lines of "goodbye, (I wish you) all the best" and she had a sad face (or maybe I'm just making it up and freaking out, I mean the sad face part) as if I needed her wishes, because something was wrong.

I've been extremely happy for the last couple of days (again not going to tell you why, you will probably find out in some time if everything goes alright) and the fact that this happiness can be broken and destroyed so easily just by a "bad" result of this test is what really depresses me (if I wasn't that happy, I probably wouldn't think about it this way). I'm literally imagining the worst case scenario and can't get it outta my head.

Also, unrelated to the test, my laryngologist prescribed me some ear drops and after I've used them I became partially deaf (everything sounds as if I was in a cave), which is an expected effect, but this gets on my nerves and makes me feel even worse in result.

I think I will go to bed and see how I feel tomorrow. Chances are I will be perfectly alright, but in case I'm not, please, comfort me.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I know that I will not provide much information (that is details), but I just need some good word, or an advice how to stop thinking in such a pessimistic way.

Okay, so today I had a medical test whose result will be very important. Now, I had this kind of a test before and the results were good, but today I was asked by the nurse when I had my previous test (I know, it's nothing, but it somehow got stuck in my mind) and, most importantly, when I was leaving and said "goodbye" she said something along the lines of "goodbye, (I wish you) all the best" and she had a sad face (or maybe I'm just making it up and freaking out, I mean the sad face part) as if I needed her wishes, because something was wrong.

I've been extremely happy for the last couple of days (again not going to tell you why, you will probably find out in some time if everything goes alright) and the fact that this happiness can be broken and destroyed so easily just by a "bad" result of this test is what really depresses me (if I wasn't that happy, I probably wouldn't think about it this way). I'm literally imagining the worst case scenario and can't get it outta my head.

Also, unrelated to the test, my laryngologist prescribed me some ear drops and after I've used them I became partially deaf (everything sounds as if I was in a cave), which is an expected effect, but this gets on my nerves and makes me feel even worse in result.

I think I will go to bed and see how I feel tomorrow. Chances are I will be perfectly alright, but in case I'm not, please, comfort me.
You are worried.
You were hopping for some knowledge from the nurse
She didn't have any
You remained worried
When she said goodbye you assumed she knew something you didn't
She doesn't.

You are experiencing anxiety. Perfectly natural and understandable.

All will be fine

It is. Hospice care is just legal human euthanasia. Sorry to hear about your dad, you didn't tell us. So sorry to you, too, Optimus.
Thanks SC.
I PM'd my long-time friend Rules and told him about it (he was the only one).
Coming to this board was an escape from the reality at that time.
Besides, it didn't seem very movie-related.

In these cases, I find the best thing to do is look at pictures of Japanese girls in bikinis!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
she had a sad face (or maybe I'm just making it up and freaking out, I mean the sad face part)
She might have been constipated, her kid was cantankerous at breakfast, didnt sleep well, some young chick flirted with her husband, or maybe she just has resting bitch face. As lil dev said, you're just experiencing anxiety and reading into things which is normal. A nurse will not give you a sad face about your possible results if they're a professional.