The Diet Thread

Tools    

I'm lifting, I promise!

I actually started 15 months ago, but it wasn't strenuous. Just something to get a little bit stronger, and to get in the habit. Over the last 4-5 weeks I've ramped it up by lifting with others (having spotters, and someone else to just tell me what to do each day, helps a lot), and yeah, I know I can't do this much longer or harder without shifting gears and eating more protein. So that's definitely the plan once softball season starts. But thank you for the reminder/nudge.

Good to hear. I won't actually nag for specifics, but if you do feel comfortable with sharing, I'm going to start posting mine this week. I will hopefully get my numbers caught up tonight. How much weight, how many reps, what type of curls, etc . . . I just posted that I bought my new set of weights. I freakin' love those things.

Oh man, you'll probably shame me. But I'll try to remember to write some of that stuff down at the start of next week or something, sure thing.

It's not terribly formal now, in that I kind of just do whatever feels right on that day, but maybe it'd be good if I kept track of it a bit more.

DIET THREAD

AKA "Health and Fitness Tournament."

AKA "Weight Loss Tournament."

Did I miss the tournament?

These pics were taken minutes apart, I am that good at losing the weights
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	bfnafter3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	28734   Click image for larger version

Name:	13819559_10154377997101098_1278793453_n.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	28735  

Thanks, I don't even have a full body when I was at my largest, I was pretty self conscious about it, I was about 230 in the full body before pic, at my biggest tipping around 310.. down to 168 now, hitting the gym slowing replacing with muscle as I actually think that's too small for me

Thanks, I don't even have a full body when I was at my largest, I was pretty self conscious about it, I was about 230 in the full body before pic, at my biggest tipping around 310.. down to 168 now, hitting the gym slowing replacing with muscle as I actually think that's too small for me
Yep, the tournament went nowhere. I then made a thread about body building. Sometime after that, this thread's title was changed to a diet thread.

Please note, any discussion at all on body building, aerobics, etc . . . Anything at all about molding your bodies, must be discussed in . . . Body Building/Body Sculpting!, or I'll kick butt.

In my thread, I will take your body, and rub it down like a soft lump of clay . . . Caressing, molding, rubbing you down . . . I will massage ever last bit of your body until you . . .

I'm in the other thread.

Anything at all about molding your bodies, must be discussed in . . . Body Building/Body Sculpting!, or I'll kick butt.

In my thread, I will take your body, and rub it down like a soft lump of clay . . . Caressing, molding, rubbing you down . . . I will massage ever last bit of your body until you . . .

I'm in the other thread.
Ma'am Yes Ma'am!

(Have I mentioned I like it here?)

Wow Yoda, you did great! I started Weight Watchers last week and it's a struggle. I want to lose 20 lbs before vacation in April, but I'd settle for 10, lol.

Congrats!

Now that's interesting!!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dunno about weight, but I lost almost 5 inches in waist since November 2016.

No real diet or working out. Just taking it easy with sweets and number of meals a day.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well done, guys. I'm an ex personal trainer and foodie so if you want some recipes that dont taste like rabbit food or protein laden, gluten free, dairy free, caveman diet etc etc gimmicks. Let me know. All palettes catered for. I just really like cooking tasty, healthy food that doesnt have to be 10 calories to still be healthy.

Well done, guys. I'm an ex personal trainer and foodie so if you want some recipes that dont taste like rabbit food or protein laden, gluten free, dairy free, caveman diet etc etc gimmicks. Let me know. All palettes catered for. I just really like cooking tasty, healthy food that doesnt have to be 10 calories to still be healthy.
I'm reminded of your comments earlier regarding urine and vegemite and must respectfully decline.

I'm reminded of your comments earlier regarding urine and vegemite and must respectfully decline.
You have quickly become my newest bestie. Your comments are either super sensible or so downright funny, ya funny larrikin. I hugs ya, man.

Same here, but not a trainer, just a general witch.

Figured I'd start keeping a log in hopes of some light analysis and feedback. I'm about 5'6 and 50 lbs overweight with increasing BP and lipid readings. My Dr. told me so. Being a bit on the shorter side, I cannot hide weight as well as some other taller folks. Even black clothes don't really help. I really didn't care for a while and just ate whatever I wanted, sat most of the day and suffered many body aches and low energy bouts.

Finally decided to start a real, attainable plan.

Starting Monday my food intake will be;

for breakfast: shot of Apple Cider Vinegar chased with 2 small bottles of water.1 grapefruit, black coffee and english muffin w teaspoon of peanut butter.

mid-morning snack: apple

lunch: spinach leaves salad with 1 tsp olive oil, apple cider vin,, small handful of crushed blue chips, 1 can of garlic/lemon marinated tuna, 1 tsp sweet relish and 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast mixed in. (on alternate days I will have quinoa prepared in lieu of tuna)

water, water, water after about 45 mins of digestion

mid afternoon snack: dried sea weed sheet, small handful of brazil nuts

no more water. Do light stretching, primarily hamstrings with bent over rowing w/ no weights, touch toes or try)

go for 4 mile walk with sporadic light jogging for a minute at a time if comfortable (to be increased to 6 miles after a month)

supper: steamed stir fry light in sodium, whole grain rice, plant protein shake made with hemp milk and puree'd frozen blueberries. (rice to be alternated with salmon and other vegetable, occasional sweet potato fries made from scratch with olive oil and black pepper)

Fat Ass Night Snack: if I slip, which I will, make it a yogurt with dab of peanut butter, banana and 1 tsp nutritional yeast. Green tea to sip from. Cut out water so not pissing all night like a diabeetus.

Oh, and cut WAY down on the vaping pen. I use a 6mg nicotine liquid, but it's still highly antisocial and dries a MF out like no one's concern! Not good for BP, nerves, thinking energy or extremities..and that includes the old one eye. Any form of smoking is bad, especially when it's an adult baby bottle. F*ckaluckadigndong should be the name of the game this Spring, no flubbabubbadingdong.

Your breakfst needs protein, mate. Add an egg and egg white, and eat it first.