The 2014 MoFie Award Ceremonies

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Everyone talking about me and how magical I am? I like it!

JayDee, does it get easier with the practice or you still take some time writing?
Eh I'm not sure really, it's tough to judge actually. The reason being that my practice has made my writing better which has led to longer and longer reviews; if you look at my reviews thread the length and detail of my reviews from the first page to my current page is a massive difference. So while I may be writing quicker I'm writing more so it's tough to judge.

As for how long it takes me to write my reviews I'm not entirely sure truth be told. For one thing, as many of you have guessed I don't do them in one sitting. And I don't ever sit down with the sole purpose of just writing a review. Whilst I'm doing that I'll either have the TV on in the background or something open in another window (usually episodes of Craig Ferguson or Conan) which will sometimes grab my attention. And I'll also just be jumping about looking at other stuff online at the same time so it's tough to accurately judge the total time for a review.

And it can certainly depend on the individual film. Sometimes it can feel like a real task to try and get everything I want to say down and in some kind of coherent order. Other times it just flows easily. Two recent films for example; Total Recall is a film I love and is one of my real favourites. And yet I had quite a tough time corralling that one for some reason. It took me a whole bunch of sessions to try and get it organised. But Whiplash by comparison was a breeze. That one I had the basic layout of the entire review from start to finish written in one go. There was then just a little bit of tidying up. Like Daniel said a lot of it probably does just come down to my mood at the time.

A lot of the time I'll also be sort of planning out the review as I'm watching the film. As it goes along as well as spotting little things I want to bring up I will sometimes form whole sentences, thoughts and paragraphs in my head, and then it's just a case of remembering them and regurgitating them when I get to the keyboard.

Oh and I am also a pretty quick typist I believe. I remember doing some tests a while back and came in at about 70 words a minute or so which I think is pretty good

A lot of the time I'll also be sort of planning out the review as I'm watching the film. As it goes along as well as spotting little things I want to bring up I will sometimes form whole sentences, thoughts and paragraphs in my head, and then it's just a case of remembering them and regurgitating them when I get to the keyboard.
I do this.

One thing I've been wondering about with messages like Cap's talking about community is how many proper MoFo's do people think we have around here? By 'proper' I mean people who are around and posting regularly and interacting with others on the board and in private. Any guesses?

One thing I've been wondering about with messages like Cap's talking about community is how many proper MoFo's do people think we have around here? By 'proper' I mean people who are around and posting regularly and interacting with others on the board and in private. Any guesses?
Yoda probably has a pretty clear answer to that question.

I'd say about 60-100?

Pretty close, Cob... I just checked the members list.
Give or take, there's around 80 regulars.
What members list you talking about?

How did you actually get to that though? Maybe I'm being spectacularly stupid but I couldn't find that anywhere

And how did you arrive at 80 people anyway?

Wow, I haven't read Spaulding acceptance speech until now... Post of the year 2015 defiantly. It says so much about everything really.

That actually put a lot thoughts in motion, and made me realize multiple things about this forum that I just don't appreciate enough. Or, perhaps I do, but sometimes you forget to show your graditute by actually posting. Something as simple as "thank you" or "I agree with you" can do a whole lot. I agree this forum is almost like a family. I have been on many forums, and I have said this before and I will say it again: this forum is the most calm and collected I have been on. The most intimate and the most welcoming. Discussions are never that blown up here, and insults and name-calling is rare. I talk from experience, as I come from a rap forum and is used to people insulting your private life and exploiting your pictures and information online, just to get a laugh and some "respect" from other members. I have experienced forums much more calm than that, of course, but this feels like home, truly, it really does.

And thank you Capt Spaulding for being a part of this forum, and for dedicating so much of your time when you have multiple obstacles in your way.

At the top there's a clicker called Posts that puts all the members in order of posts, highest to lowest.

Its the same system Miss Vicky and I were using for the Top 50 Posters

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Wow, I haven't read Spaulding acceptance speech until now... Post of the year 2015 defiantly. It says so much about everything really.

That actually put a lot thoughts in motion, and made me realize multiple things about this forum that I just don't appreciate enough. Or, perhaps I do, but sometimes you forget to show your graditute by actually posting. Something as simple as "thank you" or "I agree with you" can do a whole lot. I agree this forum is almost like a family. I have been on many forums, and I have said this before and I will say it again: this forum is the most calm and collected I have been on. The most intimate and the most welcoming. Discussions are never that blown up here, and insults and name-calling is rare. I talk from experience, as I come from a rap forum and is used to people insulting your private life and exploiting your pictures and information online, just to get a laugh and some "respect" from other members. I have experienced forums much more calm than that, of course, but this feels like home, truly, it really does.

And thank you Capt Spaulding for being a part of this forum, and for dedicating so much of your time when you have multiple obstacles in your way.
I'm glad you feel that way.

The forum had such an influx of great new members this year. We really did and you're definitely on that list. Hopefully you all stick around and don't disappear on us like Donuts.