Most Controversial Movie(s)

Tools    

What do you think?

The Last Temptation of Christ was pretty controversial. It was the only time I ever saw people actually protesting (as in: picketing in front of the theater) a movie in the town I grew up in.

I'm not sure right now, but I'd have to say that Dogma was pretty controversial. Kevin Smith got death threats and hate letters.

Any movie dealing with Catholocism is going to get protest. It's terrible.

I was expecting Mark to say A Clockwork Orange. Which, by the way, undoubtedly was controversial.

Do the Right Thing scared every white person in the country. The white media (generally) said that it would cause race riots, and white folks believed it. The fact that the film turned out to be one of the best ever made in America was secondary.

Hows about Natural Born Killers? All Stones movies?

Naked Lunch by Cronenberg

Oooh thats a good one, or remember Dead Ringers?

How about Eraserhead? Scares the bejesus outta me. Same with Altered States.

Originally posted by Wart
Naked Lunch by Cronenberg
I can think of two things wrong with that title.

-spoken by Nelson on the Simpsons...

I'm sorry, I'm used to posting on another site (ClutchCity.net) where every thread ends up with a Simpsons quote at some point.

ooh, whats that site, i love the simpsons! and as for controversial movies, what about monty pythons life of Brian? i wasnt alive when it was released but my parents said there was uproar. doesnt make it any less funny though

The most controversial film I can think of is a French one called "Man Bites Dog".

No spoilers as to why though, just in case you want to check it out.

Over here all the films that are controversial are the ones that get their facts wrong about the British, such as U-571 or The Patriot. Michael Collins caused a bit of a stir too, as did Crash (everywhere, I think!).

I believe The Godfather and Jesus Christ Superstar both stirred up a bit of controversy in the beginning…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The most controversial film I can think of is a French one called "Man Bites Dog".

Aw such a great "Mock"umentry. A great film at that. It was super contreversial when it came out, but if you watch the film closely and capture the message it convais its just a brilliant work of art. I dont want to give any spoilers, but if anyones intrested pm me

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
A Clockwork Orange
American History X
Born Innocent(even though it was a t.v movie)
The Exorcist.

Song of the South
Fahrenheit 9/11
Birth of a Nation
Passion of Christ
Exorcist
Pink Flamingos

to name a few

that reminds me...
Roger me got peta all crazy over the rabit scene
saddly the NAACP didnt seem to mind that an african american man commited suicide on screen

Kids (Very graphic depcition of kids involving sex and drugs)
American History X (Racism and hate are always touchy subjects)
Bowling For Columbine (Redneck's probably hated it)
The Exorcist (well, the prospect of a little girl possesed got some panties in a twist)
Sweet Sweetback's Badasss Revenge (A movie by blacks for the black community, slamming white america)
Passion Of The Christ (A slam on Jews)
A Bronx Tale (Very derogative towards blacks)
Dogma (Well, Catholics and such)
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back (Lots of hate mail from GLAAD)
Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk
At The Drive-In - Acrobatic Tenemant
Air - Moon Safari

"I'm the man,"
~ David Carradine, Kill Bill Vol. 2