Die Harder still....

Tools    

The Sultan Of Smooth
I am quite excited about the upcoming film "Die Hard 4: Die Hardest", but when I sit down and think of it, I don't really have high hopes for it. I was wondering what everyone else thinks. I mean, it has Bruce Willis, it has the same director as Die Hard 1 and 3, but I don't know... He encounters terrorists on holiday? If they want to find these Iraqi militant leaders then obviously what they should do is send John McClane in, 'cos it is a sure bet that he will find them, whether he wanted to or not...

And this is my BOOMstick!
How come Die Hard 3 is so unknown? Anyways, I loved the first one, the second one not so much - it's getting kind of annoying now since they play it on TBS every second day.

they gota get a good storyline, they cant pull another John goes on holiday and.... thing.

Randomly visiting for now
Yeah interesting plot is key, because if the audience even get a taste of a dodged up theme they will immediately be angry at the people who made it for ruining the cool series, even if there is awesome action. Think of the first LOTR, there were critics who thought it didn't live up to the books but funny how they shut up when 2 & 3 came out. You must please the fans or they'll hate you for making it and give u bad rep to other people and word of mouth travels fast (e.g. Donnie Darko became a cult film).

The Sultan Of Smooth
"Die Hard 1" was definitely by far the best, and I quite liked the amusing German Alan Rickman. "Die Hard 2" was absolutely rubbish, it was a completely wasted script! "Die Hard with a Vengeance" (in my opinion) is quite well known, well, I thought so anyhow... I think Jeremy Irons is an amazing actor, and he didn't spoil his reputation in this film, even if at the time all I could do was think of Scar from "The Lion King" every time he spoke! Die Hard 4 in my opinion would have to be clever. It cannot simply rely on action because the audience will have gotten bored. A GREAT example of this would be of "Terminator 3" - same framework as the previous titles, but liked considerably less. I just hope that when I do see it, it isn't a medicore film that is over-hyped before it's release (i.e. "Van Helsing", "The Day After Tomorrow", "Kill Bill: Volume 2" etc) Yippe Kai Ay!