MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Suzuki out for a month, turns out. Oof. And Hayes out for the second straight game, currently DTD. When it rains it pours!
Id feel bad, but you're in second. Therefore I can't feel bad

I did it again. Benched a homer.
Don't stress it..more importantly don't do what I did for many seasons to avoid that disappointment and not have a bench for my offense. Like cutting off your leg so you don't stub your toe.

I'm always more eager to see how my prospects will do. Now its Andy Pages and Jonatan Clase. Mine! All mine! yeah. Come on guys let's do a real life sequel to The Natural - dingers, bombs, and jacks baby!

I'm always more eager to see how my prospects will do. Now its Andy Pages and Jonatan Clase. Mine! All mine! yeah. Come on guys let's do a real life sequel to The Natural - dingers, bombs, and jacks baby!

Pages went 0/3. So far Clase is 0/2. Feel that magic!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Pages went 0/3. So far Clase is 0/2. Feel that magic!
And meanwhile I got this Jackson Holiday kid who hasn't done a damn thing all year.

Chourio has shown a little promise, but no true breakout yet.

I'm the king of "just wait, this is just statistical noise" and yet even know the past two weeks have felt like a third of the season. It's a struggle not to overreact when you know it.

A system of cells interlinked
I'm the king of "just wait, this is just statistical noise" and yet even know the past two weeks have felt like a third of the season. It's a struggle not to overreact when you know it.
It's tough when we are all taking so many blows with injuries etc., but I feel this also. It seems like so much has happened already. I think it's fine to toss dudes who were borderline to begin with at this point if they have been completely terrible, or if you watch enough highlights and decide they kind of suck at baseball. Obviously, stick with guys with proven skills, even if they are slumping. They will be fine.

The trick is not minding
That moment of dread you have when you don’t want to throw a SP into the lineup for tomorrow because he tends to get lit up, but also afraid he may get a QS if you don’t start him…..

That moment of dread you have when you don’t want to throw a SP into the lineup for tomorrow because he tends to get lit up, but also afraid he may get a QS if you don’t start him…..
You basically summed up roto perfectly. It's that feeling, but for six straight months.

Yeah I had to drop Eduard Rodriguez. He was put on the 60 day IL list, and they feel he'll be gone even longer. I got to make room for other players that could get hurt. How morbid.

Already regretting my no move no trade for a month plan. Ill sleep on it. Maybe.

Not that I lost money betting on myself with this, but Im open to trades & scouring waivers. Id be embarrassed but I didnt think Id be able to pull it off when I was typing it either. The seasons too young for such drastic measures!

I wish Charlie Kauffman was a mofo. He could write an amazing script on the existential angst Tongo goes through in one season of fantasy baseball. The name of the movie would definitely be Chasing Yoda.

A system of cells interlinked
Lots of Sysiphus stuff going in with my RP. I manage to score a lock down closer and then a current guy reveals himself to be garbage the following day.

Well, I slotted in Jesse Winker. I feel like I'm giving him a reacharound for burning me a couple years ago when I drafted him, and he did NOTHING, AT ALL, FOR LIKE 2 SEASONS. Anyway, I hope to ride the streak and then show him the curb, Connor Joe style. (I really can't get over that guys name lol)

We should change our name to The Crying Game. All we do when we come into this thread is just cry

I'll help you feel better: it's fine not to put a lot of thought into which guys you churn through on off days. It's not worth dropping guys you're going to keep playing for at least a few weeks beyond the off day, but if you've got a spot or two with relatively disposable dudes you're really just looking for marginal improvements. It's like going all-in with a hand that's a 60% favorite, you expect to lose a bunch of them, it's very random in any individual instance, you just try to get small edges each time and hope it adds up over months.