Pikachu lives? Love it or hate it, read here.

Tools    

I'm confident that all of you have heard of "Pokemon". And many like you, including my self, once been sucked into the merchandising of these weird creatures. Cards, clothing, toys, etc... Now, as I do, believe that Pokemon is not a serious matter for adults or teens. But guided towards children of 6 and under. To be frank, most of the Pokemon and characters are a bunch of Pu$$ie$... Same for the movies. Now here's where it get's interesting.

Wouldn't you want to bring Pokemon back to the adult community? (NO I don't mean the hentai pokemon released a few years ago). What I mean is a Live movie, rated "14+" or "R". Following the basic 150 creatures and with whole new characters.

Just bare with me. This movie will totally be based on the turn of the age computer imaging software and techniques, fully depicting Pokemon in their true nature in "Duelling situations"

Imagine if you can. Some of you may know "Machamp" This fella looks like a troll from LOTR, but leaner and much for physically built, with "four" arms. This guy will totally knock the ***** out of you. And another creature called "Nidoking". A dinosaur looking creature with a tail that can crush a being in half. He contains a mouth full of teeth, and some large spike inhabit his body, with a deadly sharp claws on both hands and feet.

Once again, bare with me here...
Imagine a live duel between these creatures "TO THE DEATH." Nidoking charging full steam, roaring furiously, Machamp grabbing the charging beast, and wraps his arms around the beast. Machamp leaps into the air, several feet, and while still holding Nidoking, with a lightning fast reflex, flings Nidoking to the ground. Upon landing Machamp uses his two left arms to hold this wounded beast and with the two right arms starts pummelling the beast head and chest, crushing and demolishing it with his pure strength, etc, etc...

You can imagine how these creature would look like in the real world, and how amazing this would be. Sigh... many of you will not like this idea, fine, that's alright. But what I’m asking here are for those who would like to put their "two cents" into this idea seriously.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Diablo
I'm confident that all of you have heard of "Pokemon". And many like you, including my self, once been sucked into the merchandising of these weird creatures. Cards, clothing, toys, etc... Now, as I do, believe that Pokemon is not a serious matter for adults or teens. But guided towards children of 6 and under. To be frank, most of the Pokemon and characters are a bunch of Pu$$ie$... Same for the movies. Now here's where it get's interesting.

Wouldn't you want to bring Pokemon back to the adult community? (NO I don't mean the hentai pokemon released a few years ago). What I mean is a Live movie, rated "14+" or "R". Following the basic 150 creatures and with whole new characters.
No, I don't think it would be a good idea for Pokemon to be made into a 'rated "14+" or "R"' movie. Right now there aren't alot of movies targeted toward the 10- and under crowd...and I think it should stay with kids in mind. However, I could see it being better developed like a Pixar movie, where it can be enjoyed be a wider age group.

As far as new characters...I could see a few, but keep the basic ones. Maybe have them growing up as we see the Harry Potter kids doing. Besides...I like Team Rocket.

There's enough violent crap out there. I'd hate to see Pokemon loaded to that pile...but, that's just my 2 cents.

Put me in your pocket...
I was just thinking of the live aspect you brought up Diablo. I could definately see Pokemon done more in a manner as who Framed Roger Rabbit? was. That might be very interesting.

Sorry...hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

Originally Posted by Diablo
I
Just bare with me.
I'm sorry, but when it comes to Pokemon, Yu - Gi - Oh and all that bullsh*t, I get sick to my stomach.

I agree with Nebbit about the Rated 'R' lversion....and besides, a a real live-action type of that stuff would literally kill me.

no offense but i think this idea is pretty bad. when i was in 3rd grade i was sucked into the pokemon frenzy. and i look back how much money i spent on cards, games, toys ect. and i hate myself for doing that. so last thing i want to see is another movie, live action or animated.

...you say you lost time and money in pokemon. Now don't you want something worth while to come out from all of it? I do...

Just thinking of Pokemon makes me sick to my stomach...

Those rip offs fad frenzy items are just ways to get money off of people. Anyone here remember POGS? I remember spending $250+ dollars on those stupid things, then the next year, they were dead. Then came pokempm, digimom, yu-gi-oh, and bayblade? What next???

In the end, it all goes to waste.

I notticed that the designers are trying to get pokemon "cool" again, by redesignign the characters and the way they act.

Put me in your pocket...
As far as spending money on merchandise that's apart of growing up. Think of all the things your parents bought you when you were babies and toddlers that you eventually grew out of and were eventually given away. Think of what you're spending your money on now...is anyone buying gamecube or playstation games? What happens when you've finished it? Or, when the next model or newest game comes out? Do you have to have it? What's happening to games you played with two or three years ago? The Pokemon stuff is the same thing if you think about it. So don't feel bad for having spent your money on it. Use it as a lesson as far as not going haywire in snatching up every little thing.

Yes, I've also spent money on Pokemon stuff for the kids. Some things I wish I hadn't bought (usually the junkie stuff ) and other products I got more than my money's worth out of (like the plushies and large cuddle pillows).

"YOU" I repeat "YOU" spent your own time and money on these objects. Why? because they were of some worth to you, and why not again? But in something that you can relate with or become excited about again. Live, hardcore, real world type of matter. “Merchandising” and the “Concept” of Pokemon are two different matters. I’m talking about the pure Concept being brought out again, in mature themes. The thrill and intensity of it all.

Arresting your development

Remember POGS?

I used to have one of these tubes to carry mine too.

Oh yeah, that cartoon thing is dumb.

Put me in your pocket...
Of course they were of some worth to me...because my kids enjoyed them and some things were actually of some use...like being able to finally get my son to learn how to role play different situations. I can't tell you how many times Charmandar helped me calm my son down from one of his tantrums.

“Merchandising” and the “Concept”.....unfortunately in this day and age sometimes the two either come hand in hand...or there's a merchandising department waiting to cash in on the concept. Ever been in Toys 'R Us at Thanksgiving time and see products out a month before the movie is even out?

Mature themes...I can think of alot of other anime I'd rather see as a live action movie than Pokemon....like Inu-Yasha, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star and so on. I still say the cute little buggers ought to stay cute and cuddley for the kiddies.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
Remember POGS?

I used to have one of these tubes to carry mine too.

Oh yeah, that cartoon thing is dumb.
I thought it was pretty dumb myself... just piling on the posts. Sorry~
Then I saw bottle cap things... and I stopped feeling guilty over it.

Doesn’t it feel good to PayLess?

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I thought it was pretty dumb myself... just piling on the posts. Sorry~
Then I saw bottle cap things... and I stopped feeling guilty over it.

Doesn’t it feel good to PayLess?

Was Pog a game? What were you suppose to do with them? I remember Trolls, Pet Rocks and Cabbage Patch kids, pound puppies but not Pogs.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Was Pog a game? What were you suppose to do with them? I remember Trolls, Pet Rocks and Cabbage Patch kids, pound puppies but not Pogs.

I don't know... but the bus driver did not want them.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I think POGS were supposed to be a game, but in reality it was a indicator of status among kids.

GAME VERSION: You had cardboard circles (POGS). You would place the POGS on the ground then slam them with a SLAMMER (a metal or very thick version of a POG). If you flipped the POG with the SLAMMER, it was yours.

STATUS VERSION: The more POGS you had the cooler you were and the more kids wanted to play with because they wanted to SLAM your POGS and win them.

I just collected them to be cool. I had a kickass SLAMMER board and a SLAMMER with a hologram in it of a skull. Badass? I think so.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
I just collected them to be cool. I had a kickass SLAMMER board and a SLAMMER with a hologram in it of a skull. Badass? I think so.
Damn, you're raw!

I remember Garbage Pail Kids.

You cant have pokemon fight to the death!
I prefer pokemon like it is now, where they preach that pokemons should be you friends and respect life while at the same time risking their lives, forcing them to fight each other for personal glory....

I am the rawest.

I've got a garbage pail kid on the side of my monitor. It's Hecklin' Hector, he's throwing up on a TV journalist from the little picture in picture.